Post new Civ requests here

elderotter said:
I loved the first people of North america - is there any one doing a first people of South America?

There is a Tupi civ kicking around, and of course there is already and Inca civ.

If you have some ideas, PM me.

Wyz_sub10 said:
Hey, welcome.

Look for the Polynesians in a future CIV Gold editions.

(sorry to keeping mention Gold...but we are trying to get this stuff in there)

I'd recently come up with an idea for a Tahitians civ, which can be broadened to make it more generally Polynesian:

City Names:
Papeete
Taputapuatea
Uturoa
Faaa
Teahaupoo
Taravao
Paea
Vaitape
Punaauia
Tahina
Rurutu
Porapora
Huahine
Maupiki
Mangareva
Fakatea
Rangiroa
Nuku Hiva
Hiva Oa
Makatea

Starting Techs:
Fishing
Mysticism

Unique Unit:
Vaa (same cargo space as a galley, but can travel the wide ocean)

Leaders:
Pomare (expansive, industrious) [note, could just borrow the Incas graphic for the leader]

Free Unit:
1 warrior

=======

To make it more generally Polynesian, the capital city should probably be Havaiki Nui, with subsequent cities perhaps sharing from among the various Polynesian cultures:

Havaiki Nui
Apia
Tongatapu
Papeete
Tai Pi
Honolulu
Vava'u
Aitutaki
Taputapuatea
Tauranga
Hanga Roa
Moerai
Anua
Ngati Toa
Maui
...something like that. A bit from Samoa, a bit from Tonga, etc.

I'd love to advise on the accuracy of the civ, but I hate XML and Python programming so I probably won't actually do a mod.

Another idea for feeding into a mod perhaps: Iraqi insurgents.
Leader: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi
Special Unit: IED (does 28 damage, collateral damage, consumes itself on attack, cannot attack fortified units, but relatively low in hammers to produce)

Is there unit invisibility in Civ4? I know there used to be for submarines, etc. If so, maybe make another special unit for insurgent partisans, 16 combat strength, invisible until they attack.

The question of where their capital should be or how they can hold cities is perplexing though. In reality they have no capital and don't really "officially" hold any cities at all. Hmmm...

Back to the Polynesians, a custom wonder they could build could be the Moai (Easter Island statues), with the benefit of +1 hammer for each food-producing square, on the theory that when people were in awe of the Moai they were more productive, more prone to work together to accomplish things, etc. (It also balances out the fact that most Polynesian working squares will be ocean!)

Custom religion, Huna, could be discovered with the custom tech, "Polynesian Gods", with prerequisite techs being Sailing and Masonry, and requiring at least one Vaa to be produced (to ensure other civs won't "discover" it). The religious wonder for Huna could be the Marae of Taputapuatea.

This is getting to be too much like fun.

Mayans would be good
with civ 3 style javelin thrower.:old: :old: :old:

or
yorkshire civ with farmer uu . the farmer should have a shotgun and go "get offa my land".:king:

u need spanlishs countries
mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic
spain just does not make thos civ look good

Sorry but i am wondering is there a a Twareg civalzation made already and if not could some make it a civ for please??? it would be very helpful

zfhelve said:
mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic

Could we get a landscaping UU???

I found some info a bought the Tuareg (i am sorry that i spelled it wrong because i am a bad speller)anyway here is some info if anyone wants to make them a civ that is aslo if anyone finds a leader that has more info please tell me it wolud be aprecciated very much.

Descended from Berbers in the region that is now Libya, the Tuareg are descendants of ancient Saharan peoples described by Herodotus, who mentions the ancient Libyan people, the Garamantes.Archialogical testimony is the ruins of Germa.later, they expanded southward, into the sahel.for over two millennia the tuareg operated the trans-Saharan caravan trade routes connecting the great cities on the southern edge of the Sahara via five trade routes to the northern coast of Africa.
The Tuareg adopted camel nomadic from camel herding Arabs abought 2000 years ago, when the camel was introduced to the Sahara from Saudi Arabia. The Tuareg today are found mostly in West Africa, but like many in North Africa were once nomads throughout the Sahara. Many Tuareg today are either settled agriculturalists of nomadic cattle breeders: though many are also blacksmiths and caravan leaders. The Tuareg are sometimes called the blue people because the indigo pigment
In the cloth of their trdianal clothing stained the wearer's skin dark blue

Cites
Alezi Assuk
Albarkat bughassa
Dirj Tesalit
Fewat Tin Zawatan
Ganat Timiawen
Ghadames Abalagh
Ghat Abalagh Ataram
Imnas Cin Tibaradeb
Tarat Tabalaq
Serdales Tasra
Ubari Tawa
Tahala Tiliya
Tikruden Gawa
Arak Gundam
Amgal Tin Bektu
Salah Gosi
Gezzam Gurma-Gharus
Agalhok

Leader info

Makhamma Ag katami

Leader traits commercial spiritual

Favorite civic hereditary rule

(Note I need more info on this leader and if you found more info a bought anougher Tuareg leader please tell me}

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuareg#Turaeg confederations.2c_political_centers_.2c_and_leaders

Sorry if my spelling is bad

zfhelve said:
mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic

I also agree there should be a mexican race:king:

The Thracian said:
I'd be surprised If any of these actually get done but heres my civ request

Some of these won't get done again because they were already done once.

Maynans has been done, Dutch have been done, so have the Poles - with Sobieki and with animated LHs, no less.

I don't mean to be rude, but use the search function. Browse through the completed civs (it's only 3-4 pages) before making a request and complaining that no one will do it.

CIV Gold - link in my sig - has Poland, Mayans and Dutch *all* with animated leadeheads and great UU work.

Version 2.0 of Gold with have the Polynesians for certain.

Wyz sub10 colud you help me with me mod by combineing the following mods are made by Civ army and yourself the mods are Benin, Togo, Kanem-Bornu and the Out of Africa with the Tuareg civ mod with the mod Dar al Islam it wolud by very helpful and i would be aslo greatful

Slavic Sioux said:
Wyz sub10 colud you help me with me mod by combineing the following mods are made by Civ army and yourself the mods are Benin, Togo, Kanem-Bornu and the Out of Africa with the Tuareg civ mod with the mod Dar al Islam it wolud by very helpful and i would be aslo greatful

I can try to help you somewhat, but right now my focus is on CIV Gold 2.0 - we are adding another 20-22 civs and there is a lot of work to be done.

But the good news is that 2.0 will add several of the above, so you will have your African civs in one package. As for Tuareg, give me a few days to look it over and maybe I can make you a mod for that one for the time being.

Thank you very much it is very apricated :goodjob: :thanx: aslo I thought up of a good uu unit for them that would be a a settler mounted on a camel it wolud have no attack but wolud have 2 defnce sence nomads would need to able to defend themselves from wild desert anamals such as a hyenas and the ocasianal (sorry for my spelling)lion and aslo from other nomads. It wolud be avalabal after horseback rideing. They wolud get a movement bouns on hill and desert terrain but would be slightly more expencive as a result. Is this a bad uu idea because if it is plese tell me what is wrong with my idea and how i could fix it.

Kurds, people of Kurdistan in ancient history "Corduene"

Leader : Salahaddin al Ayyubi (Saladin) - Agricultural and Spiritual, favors Organized Religion

al-Fadl bin Muhammad Shaddadi (Fadl Shaddadi) - Aggressive and Spiritual, favors Police State

Capital : Amed (Diyarbakir) or Hawlar (Arbil)

Flag :

Starting Techs : The Wheel and Agriculture

Great Scientists : Al Dinawari

Great Merchants : Nasr al-Dawla Ahmad ibn Marwan

Great Prophets : Ibn Athir, Ibn Khallikan, Said Nursi

Great Artists : Baba Taher, Sherefkhan Bidlisi

Great Engineers : Talabani, Barzani

Unique Unit : War Chariot, Pesmerge

Cities :

Amed
Suleymaniyah
Arbil
Hamadan
Dahok
Ruha
Eynteb
Khozat
Chapaqjur
Varto
Mush
Sason
Batman
Siirt
Bitlis
Kosa
Mazhangird
Divrigi
Bay
Amadiya
Rewandiz
Selmas
Maku
Pargiri
Van
Akhlat
Bukan
Mahabad
Marivan
Pawa
Qasri Shirin
Khanaqin
Kirmanshah
Sanandaj
Nahawand
Kangawar
Kifri
Zangelan
Eruh
Sinjar
Ardahan
Erzincan

I have a civ idea how about Romania with Vlad The Impaler?Without getting in to all the vampire stuff.Unless someone wanted to make a mod like that.

I also agree there should be a mexican race

mexicans
Puerto Rico!
Cuba
Dominican Republic

Yes we need the Mexicans.
I'd be willing to help find information.
I can think of the two best leaders of the nation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benito_Juarez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazaro_Cardenas

A fellow posted this on another thread:

Civilization : The Mexicans

Leader : #1Benito Juarez (traits: Organized and Philosophical, Favors: Nationhood)
#2Lazaro Cardenas (traits: Philosophical and Financial. Favors: Emancipation)

Capital : Ciudad de Mexico, Distrito Federal, or Mexico City Federal District (Mexico D.F.)

Flag : White Background and a Green Eagle on the Cactus (the center of the Mexican Flag)

Starting Techs : Agriculture and Mysticism

Great Scientists : -

Great Merchants : look at wikipedia there are many, the problem is I don't many

Great Prophets : Miguel Hidalgo, Jose Maria Morelos, Francisco I. Madero (more political than religous)

Great Artists : Diego Rivera, Salma Hayek, Octavio Paz, Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz

Great Engineers : -

Unique Unit : Insurgente (a defensive infantry unit, there is no real unit but it represents the men that rise up in defense of the homeland like Colonial minutemen)

Cities :
Guadalajara
Monterey
Dolores
Toluca
Veracruz
Cancun
Mazatlan
Acapulco
Torreon
Culiacan
Tijuana