PowerBar Training Utility

Hey guys,

I just checked Amazon.com. You can buy Sid Meier's Civilization Conquests Expansion Pack for $36.97. My copy was stolen along with my laptop coming back from Japan, so I was desparately looking for one.

Thought I'd pass along the info for some of you frustrated "Gold" members...

Very respectfully,

Cowabunga

Gingercat said:
I've tried all three options with the same result :p Since "PTW 1.27f" was getting nowhere, I thought that maybe one of the other ones actually somehow applied, and so tried them too. No dice. :)

However I do have one theory: Do you know if ZoneAlarm (normal, not Pro) and/or Norton AntiVirus 2006 guard against memory hacking/interference? It could be one/both of those blocking the attempt to read and write to the memory locations, which would explain why it can't load.

[Edit: I tried disabling ZoneAlarm but leaving NAV2006 running. No change.]

Can anyone else help this guy out? It'd be a shame if he can't get this great program running.

Gingercat, I know this is a very long thread, but have you started from the beginning and read through all the posts, your answer just might be in there. Or like the guy above said, try buying conquests, maybe that'll help. Sorry I couldn't help.

Conquests might help eh... What (overall) does Conquests add? New Wonders, units etc to the "normal" games or are they just new scenarios (and thus "custom" buildings etc)?

Sounds interesting either way.

Edit: Haven't really had time to read the full thread yet. Haven't done anything on Civ3 lately either. I'm getting tired of enemy Civs beating me to building Wonders by 1 turn no matter how much I ramp up production on my side; part of my wanting PowerBar to work is so I can check out exactly what it is they're doing in those cities. Damn AI...

(And WHY can't you "Hurry" Wonders? Could in Civ2! Wish I could in Civ3 as well...)

Yeah, that's annoying, not being able to hurry the wonders. I'm not sure if it is really worth buying conquests or not to be honest. I bought all of them at the same time so I'm not sure if conquests added much. I just got civ4 but haven't played it much. If you're planning on buying a game, maybe just get civ4. I wish powerbar would update for that. Powerbar is much better than the 'worldbuilder' cheat feature they added to civ4. If you ever get the powerbar working you'll be able to rush build your wonders very easily. Also, you can add cash to your civ or any civ, or stop their production or .....well, you can do most anything except, I haven't figured out how to add units to anywhere on the map. That is the one and only thing that the 'worldbuilder' in civ4 makes easier. I like having a game going that I don't cheat in and one long long long running huge world game that I cheat like a b@stard and manipulate all the civs. I wish I could help you get powerbar working, because is makes the game a lot of fun. Did you say you tried a reinstall and repatched the game? You start powerbar, select the correct version when prompted, then start civ, load your game that is already started, then click on 'load' on the powerbar menu that should be up at the top of the screen at this point. Then powerbar loads for a few seconds and you'll see your civ's name pop up and you can do whatever you want. Do you see any of that? maybe post a sceenshot of the error you get. If powerbar disappears during a game, sometimes I just reload it and it works fine.

I'll try a total reinstall today. I found the CDs again recently; I was hoping to avoid having to reinstall mainly due to not knowing where the CDs were :) (Imaginary discs don't seem to work too well :p)

Will update this once I've tried that. Hopefully it'll work.

Hi folks. I have Civ 3 Complete. I read somewhere that trainers that work for Civ 3 Conquests will work for it. I have version 1.22. I started my game and built my first city and then selected my version from the slash screen and clicked continue. I then hit Load. I waiting for 15 minutes and it remained at the "Loading..." screen. I have a pretty powerful machine so I was hoping it wouldn't take too long. I eventually closed it. Is there something I am missing?

As an update for my situation: Civ3 doesn't work at all. Something on the system seems to be killing the exe as soon as it's run...

The system's doing some pretty wierd stuff in general. Might need a redo. :(

waynefk said:
Hi folks. I have Civ 3 Complete. I read somewhere that trainers that work for Civ 3 Conquests will work for it. I have version 1.22. I started my game and built my first city and then selected my version from the slash screen and clicked continue. I then hit Load. I waiting for 15 minutes and it remained at the "Loading..." screen. I have a pretty powerful machine so I was hoping it wouldn't take too long. I eventually closed it. Is there something I am missing?

Did you rename your leader? I remember I had a problem because I renamed my leader. Leave all the leaders names and civ names as default. Hopefully that is your problem and it can be solved.

Ben E Gas said:
Did you rename your leader? I remember I had a problem because I renamed my leader. Leave all the leaders names and civ names as default. Hopefully that is your problem and it can be solved.

No I didn't rename my leader. I was playing the Americans and left it as Lincoln. Maybe I will try it again and let it sit for a little longer. If anyone else has a suggestion please let me know.

Yeah thats all that happens when i run it...it sits there at the loading screen...I dont get any runtime errors...maybe its a visual basic thang thats missing...a dll file or something...I will goto microsucks site and download the latest vb runtime files and see if that changes anything.I have civ complete v 1.22 as well.:crazyeye:

I have C3C and when I press load the powerbar doesn't load I have let the game sit for hours with no luck. Any one can help me?

Have you guys updated to the latest patch? And when you run powerbar, do you slect the correct pickbox to the version you are running?

dumb questions, but I had to ask. I can't think of another reason why it isn't working.

All I have to say is read the first post.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=1828658&postcount=1

SUPPORTS CIV III VERSIONS: Nilla Civ III 1.29, PTW 1.27f, C3C 1.22

If it isn't listed then it's not support.

So let me spell that out, Civ 3 complete is not listed, thus it is not supported.

It is not supported because I never bought Complete and thus never was able to get the memory offsets for Complete.

Besides, play Civ4! And this program is not intended to cheat with. You can cheat yourself if you get bored, you can make things harder for you, but that is it. Oh, you can test mods/scenarios with this.

You can not use this for Civfanatics competitions, AKA GOTMs. Cuz if you do, the mods for GOTM will know!

EDIT: For those that have posted and keep saying "I start Powerbar, I start Civ III, I start a game and press load and it doesn't fo anything." For all of you, LEARN TO READ INSTRUCTIONS.

Throughout this thread and in the powerbar help files that come with it, it clear states you MUST let Civ III run for one complete turn before you press load. It's like printing blank paper. Powerbar works by manipulating the memory Civ III uses, and thus if the game just load and no turns have been completed there is nothing in memory to manipulate!!

Hey i got the civ complete edition and i tried to use pb but i just keep loading and it woudn't finish loading can you help me please??:cry:

First of all thank you for your time and effort in coding this masterpiece!

Everything works great exept

1)I get the error with the 0000 Barbarian Settlers...and cant ever get any other units to load in the Unit Box.

2)Any sort of flying unit i.e. helecopter, ICBM, anything like that WILL NOT move out of the city, it just sits there...i've tried restarting my saved game w/o powerbar, ive tried fortifying the unit, then re-activating it and am not able to get it to work...any suggestions??

Thanks so much

lol - im oldskool, didn't realize that you cannot use your keypad to move air units around...found out that i can manipulate them with the buttons on the screen....thanks!

I'm using civilization III complete, the three disk set, It's slighly different from the three individual dissks and they did something where conquests supercedes standard mode for notmal games or its integrated or something. I don't know this affects these patches and trainers, ecept that all three I've downloaded from this site don't seem to work on my game.

Specifically to this power bar, It loads up just fine, then I load up my game just fine, but when I press the load command on the powerbar, it (the whole bar) fades all grey, says "Loading..." at the top, and stays that way indefinitly. A different error message (not the one in your read me file) pops up if I try to click the help icon in the top center (which doesn't disapear like every thing else did) and then it automatically shuts the power bar off. Do you know what got buggered in complete that can be tweaked to allow this to work properly. I'd very much like to give it a whirl. Even not so much to hurt the rivals (except perhaps germany that keeps beating me to the colosus) so much as to get my own folk up to scratch a little faster than I've otherwise been able too.

The Shepherd said:
I'm using civilization III complete, the three disk set, It's slighly different from the three individual dissks and they did something

Either PB doesn't work with your version or you didn't follow directions, See Post #254 in this forum.

Top Bottom