PowerBar Training Utility

Does anyone know if there are any other fun trainers or such for C3C ??

have a look at the MegaTrainer XL ;)

at the moment these Civ-games are supported

Civilization - Call to Power II (V1.0) (All) [+4]
Civilization - Call to Power II (V1.1) (All) [+4]
Civilization II (V2.42) (All) [+16]
Civilization II - Test of Time (V1.1) (All) [+16]
Civilization III (V1.07f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.16f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.17f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.21f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.29f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III Complete (All) [+8]
Civilization III Gold (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.00-V1.02) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.12b) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.13b-V1.15b) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.20-V1.22) (All) [+13]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.01f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.04f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.14f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.21f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.27f) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.00) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.09) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.52) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.61) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV - Warlords (V2.00) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV - Warlords (V2.08) (All) [+9]

have a look at the MegaTrainer XL ;)

at the moment these Civ-games are supported

Civilization - Call to Power II (V1.0) (All) [+4]
Civilization - Call to Power II (V1.1) (All) [+4]
Civilization II (V2.42) (All) [+16]
Civilization II - Test of Time (V1.1) (All) [+16]
Civilization III (V1.07f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.16f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.17f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.21f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III (V1.29f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III Complete (All) [+8]
Civilization III Gold (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.00-V1.02) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.12b) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.13b-V1.15b) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Conquests (V1.20-V1.22) (All) [+13]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.01f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.04f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.14f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.21f) (All) [+4]
Civilization III - Play the World (V1.27f) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.00) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.09) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.52) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV (V1.61) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV - Warlords (V2.00) (All) [+5]
Civilization IV - Warlords (V2.08) (All) [+9]

Thanks m8! i certainly will have a look att this!

Cheers

as written 9 days ago: MegaDev-Board ;)

but I've also read about different DLL-files between US and European BtS V3.02... the trainer works with the exe-file, but the addresses I need to modify are included within the dll loaded by game-exe... so I don't think the trainer will work with other versions than the European 3.02 (same effect already known with Mods using own CvGameCoreDLL.dll, e.g. for 34Civs or else)

for this reason and the one of the linked thread above, the BtS-update probably will be for the next BtS-patch first

I'm curious! Has anyone in the U.S. been able to use the Mega Trainer XL on Civilization 3 Complete? I click on start and get an error message that I don't have the game loaded. What does "set money to cities on map" do? Also, what about "money to units on the map" and "game turn +1" or "game turn -1"? It looks like a great trainer if it ever works.

I don't own Civ3Complete myself (only the single game and addons), so this trainer-entry was created with help of a guest-member and tested by 3-5 other persons at that time... I don't know today, if there were only European or only US or mix of tester...

however, there're a lot of possible reasons for your problem

- what's your OS?
- do you use Firewall/AV-software?
- does the trainer work on other games for you?

if the start-button isn't working, you can run the game yourself, this button is only an additional feature

set money to cities on map: your money will be set to value equals the number of cities on map, so you know how many cities have been build (and if I remember correctly howmany cities left up to the limit by this way... 512 or something like this)

money to units on the map: same as the city-cheat, but this time with units

game turn +/- 1: in game you can see the year you're currently in, but the game is showing you this year by knowing the turn you're in... if you change the games turn, you will be forward or backward one or more years per turn... you can use it to speed up to the end of game by turnlimit or to hesitate the end out

I finally made it work! Maybe someone else who is having trouble useing the trainer for civ 3 complete can try this:
1. Start your game. (You can go to one you have saved or start a new one.)
2. When you are ready to use the trainer, (i.e. you have at least one city) click on Alt+Tab and go to the desktop and find the icon for the trainer.
3. Start the trainer and a shield about 4 inches by 4 inches should superimpose over your game map. Go to the "pull down" on the shield and select "Civilization 3 Complete". The trainer will now be operative.
4. Select the "cheat" you wish to use and press Alt+F# that corresponds to your chosen cheat. At this time, click on the map screen and you should then see that the trainers action has been taken (you will see that you have more money or you have 1 turn left to learn a new tech).
You can use the trainer again by pressing Alt+Tab and doing step 4 again. I hope this has been helpful to anyone trying to use the trainer.

Timelord:
I tried useing your suggestion and it didn't work. In order to learn a new tech each turn, I have to repeat step 4 each turn.

CCJ39:
The trainer works fine and I really appriciate the work that has gone into it; however, the trainer would be great if there was a way to speed up the completion of wonders since the player can't use money to complete them. Will there ever be a way to do this?
Another idea I had was to add the ability to create units such as settlers in a square that an exploring unit occupies when he finds a good place for a new city. This was possible in Civ II when in cheat mode.
Again Thanks for bringing the trainer to our attention.

Rendrag Divad

CCJ39:
The trainer works fine and I really appriciate the work that has gone into it; however, the trainer would be great if there was a way to speed up the completion of wonders since the player can't use money to complete them. Will there ever be a way to do this?
Another idea I had was to add the ability to create units such as settlers in a square that an exploring unit occupies when he finds a good place for a new city. This was possible in Civ II when in cheat mode.
Again Thanks for bringing the trainer to our attention.

Rendrag Divad

I only own the main game and addons, not the Gold or Complete edition... for this reason all cheats for such special editions were created by guestmembers and it was hard enough to explain unexperienced people how to get the needed information for simple cheats... sorry, but I don't think there's a way to add such cheats to Civ3Complete or Civ3Gold at this time anymore

Sorry to wake a sleeping thread, but...

Any chance we could get source posted here, or on SourceForge or somewhere? I'm always looking for opportunities to code, and I'd be quite happy to try to get PB running for C3Complete.

Besides, it's the holiday season, and I've got a ton of time off, and not much to do with it all. :)

I have just installed the new Windows 7 evaluation program and although I have surched high and low for a solution I can NOT get this program to work.

I followed these instructions

Download MSCOMCTL.OCX to desktop

Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then click on "Run".

copy

regsvr32 \windows\system32\MSCOMCTL.OCX

press OK

keep getting error message-this worked with all other operating systems (32bit).

So would someone have an alternative trainer for CivIII

Thanks love this game but I am very crap at it without Powerbar.

I want an editor that can do more than just complete research quickly, give me extra cash, and maybe rewind time or something. I like the PowerBar because it provides a more coherent and cohesive system for such a complex game.

And how the hell am I supposed to use PowerBar if it doesn't work on Vista and yet the game does?

Has anyone gotten PowerBar to work with Windows 7? It will start for me, but then when I try to load, it just gets stuck on "Loading..."

When I try using it in compatibility mode for Vista or XP, I get an error message when I try to load.

Has it worked for anyone?

Thanks.

Get it to work once and once only .... after that it hangs and I have to reload the program to get it to work again. Also found that if use then the mod'd civ that allows more than 512 cities no longer works, plus some other weird things happen. So I have given up using it at this point.

Has anyone gotten PowerBar to work with Windows 7? It will start for me, but then when I try to load, it just gets stuck on "Loading..."

When I try using it in compatibility mode for Vista or XP, I get an error message when I try to load.

Has it worked for anyone?

Thanks.

I have no issues running PowerBar 4.1.5e in Windows 7 64 bit. I have done nothing special with it - I don't run in compatibility mode, I don't run as administrator - it just runs. What errors, if any, are you getting? Also I keep the PowerBar 4.1.5e.exe in a folder in my user folder - so it has full read/write permissions to that folder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note:
First off, thanks to the author of this fantastic utility!
Second, I have only ever had one complaint, and that is the utility does not show in the taskbar, so if for whatever reason it disappears. I cannot alt-tab to it, and have no idea how to bring it back into the foreground. My only solution thus far has always to open task manager, kill it, and re-open it. In a long gaming session this can be quite frustrating.

Regardless of all that, I decided to build a little app that you run after opening PowerBar, and it forces PowerBar back into the task tray, so even if it disappears, you should able to alt-tab it back into the foreground. it is written in VB.Net 2.0 as a 'Console' app. Attached (hopefully) is a compile version of the exe, but regardless, here is the source code for it:

Code:
Module Module1

Private Declare Function LockWindowUpdate Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndLock As IntPtr) As Integer
    Private Declare Function ShowWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As IntPtr, ByVal nCmdShow As Integer) As Integer
    Private Declare Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As IntPtr, ByVal nIndex As Integer) As Integer
    Private Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As IntPtr, ByVal nIndex As Integer, ByVal newIndex As Integer) As Integer
    Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As IntPtr, ByVal hwndInsertAfer As IntPtr, ByVal x As Integer, ByVal y As Integer, ByVal cx As Integer, ByVal cy As Integer, ByVal wFlags As Integer) As Integer

Private Const GWL_EXSTYLE As Integer = (-20)
    Private Const SWP_FRAMECHANGED As Integer = &H20
    Private Const SWP_NOMOVE As Integer = &H2
    Private Const SWP_NOZORDER As Integer = &H4
    Private Const SWP_NOSIZE As Integer = &H1

Private Const WS_EX_APPWINDOW As Integer = &H40000
    Private Const WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW As Integer = &H80

Sub Main()

Try

Console.WriteLine("Looking for PowerBar 4.1.5E process.")
            Dim processes As Process() = Process.GetProcessesByName("PowerBar 4.1.5E")
            Console.WriteLine("Number of processes founding matching that name: " & processes.Length)
            Console.WriteLine()

If processes.Length < 1 Then
                Console.WriteLine("Looking for PowerBar 4.1.5 process.")
                processes = Process.GetProcessesByName("PowerBar 4.1.5")
                Console.WriteLine("Number of processes founding matching that name: " & processes.Length)
                Console.WriteLine()
            End If

If processes.Length < 1 Then
                Console.WriteLine("No processes matching either name found. Please make sure PowerBar 4.1.5 is running and is named either PowerBar 4.1.5E.exe or Power Bar 4.1.5.exe - this program is not smart and cannot handle alternate spellings.")
                Console.WriteLine()
                Console.WriteLine("Press 'Enter' to exit.")
                Console.ReadLine()
                Exit Sub
            End If

For Each p As Process In processes
                Console.WriteLine("Process Handle:                    " & p.Handle.ToString())
                Console.WriteLine("Process Main Window Handle:        " & p.MainWindowHandle.ToString())
                Console.WriteLine("Locking Window Update Result:      " & LockWindowUpdate(p.MainWindowHandle).ToString())
                Console.WriteLine("Show Window (Hide) Result:         " & ShowWindow(p.MainWindowHandle, 0).ToString())
                Console.WriteLine("Window Style Set To:               " & FlipBitEx(p.MainWindowHandle).ToString())
                Console.WriteLine("Show Window (Show) Result:         " & ShowWindow(p.MainWindowHandle, 1).ToString())
                Console.WriteLine("Unlocking Window Update Result:    " & LockWindowUpdate(IntPtr.Zero).ToString())
                Console.WriteLine()
            Next p

Catch ex As Exception

Console.WriteLine("An expected error occured. Error message and stack trace:")
            Console.WriteLine(ex.Message)
            Console.WriteLine(ex.StackTrace)

End Try

Console.WriteLine("Press 'Enter' to exit.")
        Console.ReadLine()

End Sub

Private Function FlipBitEx(ByVal hWnd As IntPtr) As Integer
        Dim nStyleEx As Integer

nStyleEx = GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)
        Console.WriteLine("Get Window Long Result:            " & nStyleEx.ToString())

nStyleEx = nStyleEx Or WS_EX_APPWINDOW
        nStyleEx = nStyleEx And (Not WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)
        Console.WriteLine("Setting Window Style to APPWINDOW: " & WS_EX_APPWINDOW.ToString())

Console.WriteLine("Set Window Long Result:            " & SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, nStyleEx))
        Redraw(hWnd)

Return GetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE)

End Function

Private Sub Redraw(ByVal hWnd As IntPtr)
        Const swpFlags As Integer = SWP_FRAMECHANGED Or SWP_NOMOVE Or SWP_NOZORDER Or SWP_NOSIZE
        SetWindowPos(hWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, swpFlags)
    End Sub

End Module

Attachments

• ShowPowerBarInTaskbar.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 339
I feel horrible for resurrecting such an old thread, but if anyone still plays Civ3 with PB, I could use some help. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and i recently made the move back to Civ3 after a 3 year + hiatus. I found this PB, and was overjoyed, but when i go to use it, i get a pop-up message saying Incorrect Memory Offset for BLG_DATA_POINTER -Unable to load game data. Check patch compatibility

I might be missing something completely, but any help would be a huge help.

What version of Civ 3 are you using? It could be different memory addresses due to a different version you are using? Try updating to the latest version v1.29f
It could also be OS compatibility settings, try changing the settings by right clicking and then Properties, then Compatibility.
If all else fails you can try the multi version trainer by CyberMan, it doesn't have as many options as PB but I still find it useful: http://www.gamepatchplanet.com/game/civilization_iii

Top Bottom