Pre-Order Brave New World

Unless you REALLY want a physical copy of it for some sentimental reason, there is no reason NOT to simply buy it on Steam. Your disc is uselss without Steam anyway. Another reason might be if you found some epic deal in a retail store somewhere, but seeing as you're in Canada: lol no way.

Pysical copies are just a key to unlock your steam copy.
Indeed it's just for sentimental purposes: having something to hold, the postman delivery excitement, the feeling of added value of the booklet / poster, the idea of having an offline installer of what you bought and simply being able to put something in a physical games shelf :)

Well, just got my code in the email... download won't take long. :)

Edit:: and here I thought someone earlier in the thread was BS'ing about the 42 step Direct X update. lmao

Yes, the current Green Man Gaming (GMG) discount works until a little after this weekend (actually until Monday, July 1st, 3 PM UST, which should be 11 AM Eastern, 10 AM Central, or 8 AM Pacific time) but I wouldn't wait until tomorrow! ;)

The code is:

GMG25-BAWQB-8UQWG

for a total price of $20.25

In addition, if you are new to GMG and don't have an account yet, you can also use the "Friend Referral" mechanism to get $2 credit (for you and the referrer each) by creating a new account, for an effective price of $18.25.

If you do not currently have an account with Green Man Gaming, you can:

1. Enter the link < http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=liligaqa >

That one is the link for me (you can use someone else's if you really want). If you use the link, it will just take you to the main page and doesn't *appear* to do anything. (But it creates a temporary cookie that only works if you immediately create an account).

2. You then create an account (apparently it doesn't work if you already have an existing account) with Green Man Gaming with the "Log In / Register" option.

3. Add Brave New World to your cart and enter in the promotional code (so the total is $20.50).

4. After you check out, you should end up with a credit balance of $2 (for using the Refer-a-Friend promotion).

5. The BNW key isn't released until the game is released. You can find it by entering your GMG account, select the "Games" category and under the "Steam Games" heading. It should show BNW and a space where the key will appear when it is released.

Even after the current code (for this weekend) lapses, you can still use the "Friend Referral" process (listed above) if you purchase from GMG (using no code, or another future code they promote) for the $2 credit.

I bought from GMG the first time last year with G&K, and the referral process helped accrue a small amount of credit that I just used to help buy BNW (and those who used the referral got the same amount of credit). Let me know if you have any questions. :king:

Hi, This code is not working right now, Do you another voucher for pre-purchase?

Thanks in advance

There's a new 20% voucher that's valid until July 15th. Not sure if it works with Civ V as I have already pre-ordered.

GMG20-SGPO1-ZGC2S

Indeed it's just for sentimental purposes: having something to hold, the postman delivery excitement, the feeling of added value of the booklet / poster, the idea of having an offline installer of what you bought and simply being able to put something in a physical games shelf :)

The sad thing is that physical PC games are in a sad state of affair. Most likely the box contains almost nothing except advertisement for other 2k games. Plus, there is no such thing as offline installer for a game like this. Even when you put your disc in it'll try to go online.

Unless you REALLY want a physical copy of it for some sentimental reason, there is no reason NOT to simply buy it on Steam. Your disc is uselss without Steam anyway. Another reason might be if you found some epic deal in a retail store somewhere, but seeing as you're in Canada: lol no way.

Pysical copies are just a key to unlock your steam copy.

Buying a physical copy is still useful for people who've got crappy internet connections (slow speed, or in my case, low data caps).

Buying a physical copy is still useful for people who've got crappy internet connections (slow speed, or in my case, low data caps).

I know, I have download caps too. That being said, I still remember the time I bought Empire Total War for that exact reason, in those days I only had 50-60 gigs cap, and the download was like 20 gigs...

Then i put the DVD in the computer... And no matter what I did the game started downloading and not using the DVD at all. Thanks for nothing DVD.

There's also the increasing problem of still having to download a huge patch the second your game is installed.

There's also the increasing problem of still having to download a huge patch the second your game is installed.

Very true. I have a 40GB limit and try to ensure that I only need one large download per month. But then Steam decides to update TW:Shogun 2 with an 25GB download :eek:.

So far, I have 36GB left for the month, so I should be alright for BNW and patches. Next month is TW:Rome 2, and September has EU IV.

Just have to keep an eye on it.

The sad thing is that physical PC games are in a sad state of affair. Most likely the box contains almost nothing except advertisement for other 2k games. Plus, there is no such thing as offline installer for a game like this. Even when you put your disc in it'll try to go online.
As far as I know the disc will in fact not try to go online at first, but just install the vanilla version of the product (BNW in this case). Of course Steam will subsequently try to update, but in case you have limited internet connectivity you could just put it in offline mode and at least be able to play the game :)

Well, except for Amazon.co.uk charging GBP 16.00 including postage, as listed in the OP, but otherwise yeah. :rolleyes: I've added Gamefly.

Shipping adds another GBP 5.00 for me on Amazon and there's now a 20% voucher on GameFly, too, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to add a sarcastic smiley.

Shipping adds another GBP 5.00 for me on Amazon and there's now a 20% voucher on GameFly, too, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to add a sarcastic smiley.
You're right about orders from Denmark. It wasn't immediately clear from the link that it also delivers outside UK. I'll update that in the link.

Can the USD links for Steam and Greenman be updated? Right now Steam has it at $29.99 USD, and Greenman also has it for $29.99, with the option to get either $4 cash back, or $6 in Greenman credit. The vouchers don't work in the USA due to the cash/credit back.

If anyone knows of a better deal in the USA, I'd like to know about it. :)

-HM

Epic Eric found a link to the "Demo" ...
I was browsing the expansion's Steam Store page when I found out they now have a "Download Demo" button there, which is available to anyone, inside or outside North America. I've just downloaded it and it seems to have pretty much everything from the actual expansion pack, even though it doesn't have any support to achievements or other DLC, since it's a standalone demo. Also, you can only play as Ahmad al-Mansur/Continents/Small/Quick, beginning in the Medieval Era. I'm not sure if the Civs you play against are pre-defined or anything.

This means that, if you are as anxious as me, don't live in the US or Canada and can't wait another second to get your hands on the new features (without having access to the complete expansion pack, though), at least you can try out this demo version till the 12th.

Not sure if this was posted before, but for all the European MacOS gamers who got the game from the Apple App Store (and not from Steam or other independent provider): the BNW is available since Tuesday evening and you do not have to wait until Friday to play

Just got the Green Man activation key here in sunny Ireland. 8 more hours to go.

Top Bottom