Pre-WW1 Europe PBEM game

:lol:

As a matter of fact, that reminds me that I forgot to write a paragraph in my post:

- Although on a limited scale due to the invasion of France, Russian offensives have finally begun to pierce into the skin of northern Austria-Hungary, where Katowice, Ostrava, and Krakow were all captured. Cracow's sophisticated trench networks were left intact after the battle, and this city will be a crucial impregnable stronghold in the region. Half a dozen infantry divisions will hold this city from which further operations will take place.

- Since the bulk of our offensive capability was exhausted in the campaigns in France and the Balkans, no other attacks could be carried out on AH. However, Russian artillery and cavalry have annihilated a petty attempt at an Austro-Hungarian offensive moving south against Szeged. Furthermore, our engineers had more time this turn so they could be devoted to building fortifications. One of the greatest fortification networks ever created, dubbed the Gustav line, has tied the noose around all of the Austro-Hungarian southern front. Other smaller yet still massive fortification lines have been built to contain her offensive capability, including an encirclement of Austrian divisions massing west of Zhitomir.

sas?

A new French government is set up in Fez, in Marocco. The new governement voes to continue the struggle against Britian and Russia. As new allies with Italy, the French governement sent Scientist and moved major amounts of gold (1200) to Italy. Hopefully this will boost the Italian war efforts.

*In a naval assault from Bastia against Toulon and Marseilles, French liberation forces landed and quickly occupied both cities. Parts of the forces landed in Marseilles pushed west and captured Perignam,Toulouse,Bayonne and Bordeaux.

*The remaining forces in northern France, mostly fortified its positions. The exception where forces in the region around Metz. The pulled back British forces in the region and broke through the British/Russian front near Cologne, resulting in the capture of that city. The reserves in that attack pushed on and in a splendid series of attacks captured the cities Erfurt and Magdeburg.
French forces near Verdun liberated the city.

The map:

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 352
The new German government announced that the country will not give up. They will fight to the end, no matter the military, human or infraestructure losses. This is our motherland, our soil, and we won´t allow them to control us.

*We succesully destroyed a couple of British Battleships, plus 2 cruisers and other small vessels.
*In Germany, our army recovered the following cities: BERLIN!!!, Hamburg, Bremen, Hannover, Lubeck, Rostock, Dresden, Breslau, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, Ulm and Munich.
Obviously, most of them were empty, and they shall remain like that, until we will be able to provide defensive troops.

All in all, Germany will never surrender!!!!!

The file:

Guys:

Right now, i´m in charge of Germany (Germanos quit), Austria (Yop give me his password, in order to play for him) and Italy.
Obviously, this is a big advantage because i can coordinate the forces of 3 countries at the same time.
I don´t want to bring another problem to this game, so do you want me to play Austrian turn? or should we wait for Yop?

just play it, those three powers barely have enough firepower to do much but take empty cities

Geez Rhodry, you could have at least fortified Hamburg. No prob though we'll get those cities back. :)

Go ahead Academia, you'll need those advantages. ;) All for the sake of fairness

Ok. I go on with this game.

Austrian Turn:

*Like the germans, our army recovered the following cities: Bucharest, Constanta, Craiova, Varna, Sofia, Edirne, Belgrade, Pec, Pristine, Pecs, Graz, Zagreb, Sarajevo, Podgorica, Ostrava and Split.
Obviously, most of them were empty, and they shall remain like that, until we will be able to provide defensive troops.

I give my best Yop. I can´t do anymore for your country!!!

News:

* Italian troops captured Gallipoli, Kamishli, Mosul, Iskenderium and Latakia.
* War declared on Great Britain
* Alliance signed with France

File:

jeez....backlash was more than I expected....I've retaken some cities...too tired to recount them....but the Frenchies have been pushed back to Nancy...and the Krauts back to Denmark....let's hope Darius can do a bit more with the mop-up

I turns out this “counterattack” is the best thing that could have happened. Indeed, all it did was lower the populations of cities, not make any real gains. More importantly the abundance of empty cities allowed me to completely heal every offensive unit in the Russian Army. All I can say is thanks! Perhaps just as importantly, we caught the bulk of Austria-Hungary’s offensive capability (artillery, mountain troops, etc.) with its pants down in the open fields outside the cities they had attacked, annihilating all of it that wasn’t kept in reserve. Furthermore, we were able to make further advances ahead of what we had in the first place, capturing Cluj, Edirne, Mersin, and Antalya:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 332
fygjhfghjfkgjkhk

Another round desperately trying to make some kind of army. There is really no point in continuing the game ppl.. why not start a new one as suggested in another thread?

Academia says to wait, so we will.

BTW don't think we're doing good just because we took those cities back. I started the war with 14 Artillery and 17 Cavalry units, and now I only have 7 of each. :eek: Despite my bragging, Academia's attack actually kicked my ass, considering I haven't the industry to replace losses like that.

More importantly, I started running into machine guns this turn, and I now am certain that I won't take any city that has them. Veteran artillery cannot kill them when they are in trenches, and I don't have Advanced Ballistics to make heavier artillery. This development will cause what I had feared from the beginning; your remaining cities would become impregnable, so you would be able to sit back and build up enough offensive strength to devastatingly strike back.

For the last bloody time, I EXPECT TO LOSE!!!

Originally posted by Darius
Academia says to wait, so we will.

For the last bloody time, I EXPECT TO LOSE!!!

:rocket2: Come get some!

why not start a new one as suggested in another thread?

I agree with you. Personally, i´d like to begin another Pre-WW1 History but with a ban on the engineers. Mmm... we could try to "cancel" "eliminate" the advance that allows the production of these units.

Anyway, i´m going to play one more turn... I just want to prove something...:D

Sorry, cancel the advance that leads to railroads:D

Top Bottom