Preemtive Hurricane "Frankenstorm" Sandy Thread

Christie is refusing to send rescue workers into areas where evacuations were mandatory. For once I agree with him. Stupid people were stupid, no reason to risk rescue workers lives for them.
How is anybody's life at risk long after the hurricane has passed?

This is an extremely silly policy, especially in an area that where hurricanes occur so infrequently.

To be clear, the flooding was confined to the Zone A (closest to sea level) areas of the flood plain. It was actually very close to what they predicted. There were indeed some surprises around the margins (dozens of homes burned in a conflagration in Breezy Point), but this storm delivered what we all expected from Irene.

Bloomberg has been pretty good about taking climate change seriously, so expect he'll become a stronger voice for federal assistance in financing the stuff this city needs for the future.

To be clear, the flooding was confined to the Zone A (closest to sea level) areas of the flood plain. It was actually very close to what they predicted. There were indeed some surprises around the margins (dozens of homes burned in a conflagration in Breezy Point), but this storm delivered what we all expected from Irene.

Sometimes the people whose homes catch fire are the luckiest in situations like this. Most people don't have flood insurance and that far north hurrican insurance is somewhat rare, but most people's home insurance does cover fires. Those people may be some of the few who get help from their insurance companies.

So I heard the situation in the NYC subways is going swimmingly.

confirm/deny

How is anybody's life at risk long after the hurricane has passed?

This is an extremely silly policy, especially in an area that where hurricanes occur so infrequently.

The forum timestamps posts. When that was posted, you would have needed a boat to rescue people in Atlantic City. And it was too windy to use a rowboat.

Rumours of your death have been greatly exaggerated, I see. Well, good.

He's posting from the afterlife! :run:

It was only a matter of time :lol:

It was only a matter of time :lol:
Yeah.

I remember a few weeks or months ago, there were some huge earthquakes somewhere, which "coincidentally" happened soon after Skwink posted in Rants, saying that he had a bad feeling that HAARP was planning to trigger an imminent earthquake.

He might be on to something.... :mischief:

@Cutlass- Tell us what you found in the afterlife!

I assume all liberals and politicians with "D" next to their names joined you, while those with "R" or "L" next to their names are in a place we won't speak about right now?:mischief:

Top Bottom