President Thread- Term 1

Worker and Sailing finish at the same time so I'd also like galley as our next build.

Just to put a spanner in the works about going for IW next, we have a worker that will be built and will then go and mine the copper, then however it wont have anything to do except chop (i dont think we have agri). It could mine the pigs on the hill i suppose but even then it wont have anything to do while IW is a fairly costly tech. Im just wondering whether we should maybe grab a worker tech before IW. After the mining all the worker can do is roads. Just something to think about.

New turn

Scouting warrior-reveals not much

And home sweet home

BCLG100 said:
Just to put a spanner in the works about going for IW next, we have a worker that will be built and will then go and mine the copper, then however it wont have anything to do except chop (i dont think we have agri). It could mine the pigs on the hill i suppose but even then it wont have anything to do while IW is a fairly costly tech. Im just wondering whether we should maybe grab a worker tech before IW. After the mining all the worker can do is roads. Just something to think about.

Good point. It will be 12 turns until our man connects copper. Making a second road and mine on the western hill another 9 turns or 7 to road/mine the sheep. After that we can still build roads to city #2 or chop forests for our settler.

But assuming BAT is researching Bronze now then will go Priesthood, writing and Alphabet our trade could be 40 turns away, while we can have Iron in 24 turns or less.

I think Hunting can be useful but before we decide I’d like to know just what we will be trading when the time comes If they intend to give us Alphabet we’ll need those pre-requisites first.

But hunting wouldn't do us any good. Animal husbandry is what we want for the pigs, plus it'll show us the location of horses.

I think we'll be fine with iron working for now. Mines and roads will take some time.

road everything, not very usefull, but it might be needed sometime.

RM-hunting is the cheaper pre req for AH (40 beakers as opposed to 60 beakers of agriculture).

If we go for iron working next then afterwards i think we should grab agriculture-the 3 hills we have which will all be mined will need some support not only from the crabs but maybe a couple of farms.

Roading everything at this point in the game is a very expensive waste of turns, he could in theory road to where our next city will be but we havn't got that pinpointed down yet-could this terms domestic minister or the next create a dotmap?

and the foreign minister (either methos or croxis) can you nail down the agreement of this trade we shall be making with BAT-is it going to be an equal beakers trade or are we just sharing everything we are learning and also a timescale.

BCLG100 said:
can you nail down the agreement of this trade we shall be making with BAT-is it going to be an equal beakers trade or are we just sharing everything we are learning and also a timescale.

During the BAT chat those terms weren’t defined and IMO it seemed like we would further discuss them in more detail when it came time. Here are some of the statements that brought me to this conclusion:

Source

croxis said:
we can work out the details to make it a fair trade as we get closer

abukhir said:
yes, we can also exchange other tech around that

croxis said:
that is fair, like I said we can worry about the details later, it would give us time for our people to talk

abukhir said:
we just have to explain clearly and have regular discussion

Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear we have been keeping up a regular discussion. Hopefully we can fix that.

some suggestions but the point is that we've got sailing, so we won't need roads everywhere.

What about chopping a settler?

we got 3 forests that "need" to be chopped since they have the resources on them.

problem with dotmapping is that we don't know our total environment. Perhaps we should scout closer to home?

Well thats why the next build imo should be a work boat as it can scout our area out a bit then return and work the clams.

we dont have a spare unit to go looking for anything.

I think its time we arranged another chat with our main allies really.

Unless barbarians are turned off I'd rather just build a galley for exploring. Even if the work boat doesn't get into trouble it would still have to backtrack to return to the clams.

galley over work boat...but build work boat first.

Well i think we should build a settler when we hit size 5, this will allow us to build a workboat, build a couple of defensive units and then perhaps even a galley to start exploring the waters-it'll also mean that the worker should of accomplished everything within the capital that it can do so can immediatly start working the other city.

By this time we will also have IW and so we can pick and choose our city a little better.

For this reason we should be building a workboat first, then maybe a couple of axes then a galley/settler. The axes and/or warrior can do a bit of scouting while we are waiting for the settler to finish.

:agree: We don't need a settler immediately.

Top Bottom