Preview: Radar Station (shame on the XP)

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
Here is a preview of the Radar Station I have been working on.

The radar can be deployed in ground mode or the base contains the mechanism to activate a built in scissor lift that raises the electronics package to an equivalent height of about 25 feet.

Waiting for the results of the camo poll to come in more completely before proceeding to output the actual animation files from the 3D model.

I will have the animations to erect the tower in place as well as use the radar systems with the Forward Air Controller and Forward Air Bases.

The wind sock is collapsible and really goes more with the air controller applications.

This is kick ass. Definitely a lighter color. or maby put a tarp over it.

Here is a sample animation of the tower extended to its standard operation mode:

Note the position of the dark primary shadow from this radar tower and compare it to the position and size of the shadow from the radar tower in the recent screenshots to advertise the XP. (I have not yet suppressed the secondary lighting shadow that falls to the northeast but you can just ignore that for now.)

The shadows from the Firaxis towers and the shadows from most of the ancient and middle age units are generated with the sun located to the southeast.

The shadows for the mechanized units (tanks, MA, Mech inf and others) are generated with the sun located to the east-northeast.

Just noticed this compatibility issue but have decided to go with a southeast position because that is nearer to a front lighting from the player's perspective.

Nice work Cracker!

I asume you ment this as a unit since you put in the "shame on the XP", but when we learn how the new items in the XP works your radar tower could perhaps be used as a replacement for the comming XP-radar tower. Personally I wouldn't mind that.

Top Bottom