Prize Ships promotion of the Sea Beggars. Anyone encountered any problems?

saamohod

Deity
Before I report it to the GitHub I want to gauge other people's experience.

It's my first time playing as the Dutch in years. Their unique promotion of the Sea Beggar that allows to capture enemy ships doesn't work with me. It did work precisely one time when I hit a barbarian galleass as soon as Sea Beggars appeared and since then I haven't captured a single enemy ship ever. There were many sea battles with the ships of that specific promotion, but it never fired.

What makes me suspect that it's a bug (or mod conflict) is that sometimes when I destroy an enemy ship with my Sea Beggar (or an upgraded ship), my ship doesn't move into the tile but behaves like a ranged attack, i.e. the enemy ship goes "puff" and disappears, but my attacking ship doesn't move into the tile.

20230413215511_1.jpg

Last edited:
That's a bug, it's already fixed for the next version. You've guessed correctly that when the sea beggar doesn't move to the new tile, it tries to capture the enemy ship that was there.

this should fix it
It's probably got to do with my potato laptop, but this fix seems to significantly slow down the AI turns. Especially when an AI is at war, it may take longer than a minute for an AI to make up its mind and start moving units.
Been playing this mod on my current laptop for a year now and never had this problem. The AI turn times definitely worsened in for the low-end computers.

The fix is only a very minor change to the capturing logic, it can't be the reason for performance issues. They must be caused by something else.

The fix is only a very minor change to the capturing logic, it can't be the reason for performance issues. They must be caused by something else.
I see. It must be the issue with 3.3.1.

It's probably got to do with my potato laptop, but this fix seems to significantly slow down the AI turns. Especially when an AI is at war, it may take longer than a minute for an AI to make up its mind and start moving units.
Been playing this mod on my current laptop for a year now and never had this problem. The AI turn times definitely worsened in for the low-end computers.

Just in case, after starting the game, make sure through the task manager that there are no QtWebEngineProcess.exe. The launcher does not always complete them, and they load the processor cores up to 100%.

Just in case, after starting the game, make sure through the task manager that there are no QtWebEngineProcess.exe. The launcher does not always complete them, and they load the processor cores up to 100%.
Thanks. It isn't the case with my laptop though. Most of the core capacity is used by the game, according to task manager.

If you're still using the ad-filled launcher, try using the beta launcher or completely bypass it by making a shortcut.

If you're still using the ad-filled launcher, try using the beta launcher or completely bypass it by making a shortcut.
Not sure how to do it, but I googled how to use the legacy launcher (the one without ads).
My ad-filled launcher does say something like "4K beta launcher" at the bottom of the launcher window.

Not sure how to do it, but I googled how to use the legacy launcher (the one without ads).
My ad-filled launcher does say something like "4K beta launcher" at the bottom of the launcher window.
Your launcher should be how it worked before the ads launcher even existed.

Where you get an option to play in Direct 9 or Direct 10 and just play. There are some reports where the ad launcher continues to run in the background of your PC which can mess with your civ performance if your computer isn't optimized.

Top Bottom