• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Question on the War galley and ranged attacks.

lightning551

Chieftain
I tried to search for a topic about units but couldn't find one.
Why can't a war galley make a ranged attack? The war canoe can make one and upgrades to a war galley. Its not until the start of the classical era when the line of ships get ranged attacks again.

Why can't a war galley make a ranged attack? The war canoe can make one and upgrades to a war galley. Its not until the start of the classical era when the line of ships get ranged attacks again.
It would be due to the weapons being wielded as defined by their combat classes. I'll try to review that at some point. Apparently a war galley isn't using a distance capable weapon like bows where the war canoe is.

I believe this is some left over from the DCM component of BUG and it's bombardment and ranged attack issues.

While we're on the topic, I was wondering whether ranged bombard attacks take into account Size (Matters) factors.
As it's based on strength (damage is a % rating which is a % of the unit's base str), yes. I think there's even some accuracy factors that take it into account too.

Top Bottom