Question regarding stacking units

KAZUY4

Warlord
Hi guys, just a quick question. I know that u can stack 3 units of the same type to create and army. But how the hell the computer sometimes has an army of almost 15 units together when they are defending? Can u get together 3 armies and create a Mega army or something like that? Can u mix different types or units like archers + cavs + legions?
Thank you

You can't get together a mega army and you can't mix different unit types into the same army. As for the computer having 15 units together defending, I would say you have bad luck in achieving the domination victory.

You can not create armies out of armies, nor out of different types of units. So a fifteen unit army sounds strange indeed. Perhaps you are confusing stacks with armies?

edit: curses..

no what you are seeing, is many archer armies set on defending a city, so when you attack, they all defend at once

You can stack multiple armies in the same square. They will still fight/defend one at a time.

Can you actually make stacks in this game that will move together? Like in Civ 4, if you wanted to say... have a settler travel along with a couple archers... you could stack them together and they would all move with one command rather than you having to move each individually. I haven't seen anything referencing a command for this, but it would be a really nice thing to know how to do.

As a noob to the Civ game universe, I have been wondering this too. Is it possible attack with ground troups and at the same time flank with a cavalry attack? The other problem I have is defending catapults for example. If you cannot put archers in with cats, how do you defend them? The AI just ignors my arches in the same square as the cats and attacks the cats.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks all and enjoy the new game.

DS

No you can only attack with one unit at a time.

You can put archers with cats, you can put anything with anything. AI will attack the one with the highest defence. If it attacked the cats instead of the archer, maybe it was a cat-army and a single archer?

Hi Sneerk

Thanks for that. When you say you can put anything with anything, am I right in assuming that you just put them into the same "square" and the best defenders will counter the attackers?

Top Bottom