Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

If you have Open borders with another kingdom will it mean they could move a settler and build a city in what is currently your culture's territory and take some of it over? Or only that they could move through it?
They can never settle cities inside your culture. Nor can you in theirs. But technically they can move through it and settle on the other side. They don't though. So even if you have open borders with an AI and there is free land 'behind' you, they won't move a settler party through your territory and settle on the other side. However, if there is a path of neutral tiles, even just one tile, they can and probably will move through it and settle, if you wait too long.

They can never settle cities inside your culture. Nor can you in theirs. But technically they can move through it and settle on the other side. They don't though. So even if you have open borders with an AI and there is free land 'behind' you, they won't move a settler party through your territory and settle on the other side. However, if there is a path of neutral tiles, even just one tile, they can and probably will move through it and settle, if you wait too long.
I think they will move a boat with a settler through your territory to settle neutral territory beyond.

If a tile says 96% another kingdom's culture and only 4% yours, if you build a building in it, will your city not be able to work it even if it's within what would normally be one of its work tiles?

You cannot work a tile that is not at least 50+% your culture, if there is only one other civilization with culture on it. You also cannot build anything except a road or railroad on a tile that is more than 50% someone else's culture. The exception to all this is a tile that has culture from more than two civilizations. In that case it belongs to and can be worked by the civ with the most culture on it, unless that civ's cluture on the tile is because it used to have a city that has been destroyed or captured by another civ, then the civ with the next greatest culture % on the tile owns the tile.

If a tile says 96% another kingdom's culture and only 4% yours, if you build a building in it, will your city not be able to work it even if it's within what would normally be one of its work tiles?
If a tile is within your cultural borders you have no restrictions on using it, whatever the %age culture. If you do not then you cannot use it or build an improvement (you can build a road).

When i decide to change to producing something else in a city before it's completed production, or change my mind to building something else after deciding on one thing in the same turn, the city just seems to keep it in its production queue and go back to producing it next. How do i remove it from the production queue entirely?

When i decide to change to producing something else in a city before it's completed production, or change my mind to building something else after deciding on one thing in the same turn, the city just seems to keep it in its production queue and go back to producing it next. How do i remove it from the production queue entirely?
When you have something else selected and currently being built, you can click on the item in the queue and it is removed.

I'll just add 2 details to Samson's response:

- the hammers you put into the current build don't get transferred to the new build when you remove the current build from the queue, or when you put something ahead of the current build in the queue.
- when you remove something from the build queue, and add it back a bit later, the hammers you had previously put into it are retained (however, if you wait too long, the hammers will start to decay, i.e. disappear. If the item is in the queue, an exclamation mark will be displayed as a warning when hammers are about to decay.)

If the item is in the queue, an exclamation mark will be displayed as a warning when hammers are about to decay.
Is this part of the original game too, or was it introduced with the BUG mod? I don't even know any more. So used to the convenience of BUG.

:lol: Good question. I have to keep reminding myself not to cite LoR features in questions about base BtS... I know the ! and !!! warnings are in both BUG and LoR.

We should just assume everyone has BUG, just the same way we assume everyone has BtS and get all shocked when someone asks a Warlords question. :goodjob:

Exclamations on decaying order in the build queue aren't in base BUG I think. Or i have it turned off? Might be a BULL feature.

Switching the buildings in the queue is something that should be prevented be having holy presight, but switching and removing and building later and so on is still better than being stubborn and finishing the build.

With Kind Regards,

Philip Christopher Plöger.

Quick question. watching some BTS videos on YT I noticed they all have more detailed leader/opponents list on main screen, also more "+" / "-" buttons for science/culture/espionage sliders, and on top of screen also 3 bars (great person/technology/great general), instead of only one for technology. I play BTS, but my screen looks very similar to "vanilla" mode. Do I need to download some mod for that?

Quick question. watching some BTS videos on YT I noticed they all have more detailed leader/opponents list on main screen, also more "+" / "-" buttons for science/culture/espionage sliders, and on top of screen also 3 bars (great person/technology/great general), instead of only one for technology. I play BTS, but my screen looks very similar to "vanilla" mode. Do I need to download some mod for that?
BUG/BULL, yes. You can find both here.

Or BUFFY!

Top Bottom