Question: On the Overall World Rankings screen, if nobody has captured a foreign capital, players are ranked in the Domination category by a "domination score". What, if anything, does this mean? I have found it to be unreliable as a measure of who can and can't be safely attacked. It seems like it may rank civs just by the number of military units they have, regardless of how modern or obsolete the units might be. Any insights?

Question : I never use the Autocraty governement because I do not understand what does mean "Yields +1 for each building on the government place, diplomatic building and palace". Can you reformulate this sentence please ?

Question : I never use the Autocraty governement because I do not understand what does mean "Yields +1 for each building on the government place, diplomatic building and palace". Can you reformulate this sentence please ?
Every capital has a palace, its what gives you the extra yields at the start of the game. The other buildings are in the buildings in the Government Plaza and Diplomatic Quarter districts. "+1 to all yields" means +1 additional food, gold, production, science, culture, and faith since those are the yields cities have. So, if you build your Government Plaza and Diplomatic Quarter in your capital, once you have the buildings in those districts build your capital will receive +6 additional food, gold, production, science, culture, and faith.

When I create a new game with an Enormous 2:1 map, it spawns the game with the city already built and there's no settler. (Which is annoying if I wanted to move my city spot.)

Is there some setting I have to change to get the game to start with a settler like it's supposed to?

I had this problem last year and I thought I fixed it by changing a small little setting, but I can't remember where that setting is located or which one it is.

I find it strange that one turn can represent 10 years of time and at the same time your units can only move some tiles? how much is that, like 1000km? surely people can move faster than like 0.3km a day. Also, these units seem to live on sometimes more than 4000 years and still be the same. My question is what does units in civillization represent? because units doesn't seem to behave like groups of people to me.

My question is what does units in civillization represent? because units doesn't seem to behave like groups of people to me.
I mean, Civ is a game where you settle the city of Washington DC as an immortal Theodore Roosevelt in the year 4000 BC. so expecting any kind of "realism" is misguided. Units are just units. There are no "people" in Civ in any real sense. Even the citizens in a city are ageless and unaging and can only be killed by a natural disaster or the city being conquered.

Does anyone know of a setting or mod which requires traders to have open borders in order to create trade routes in their territory? ZOC is not it.

I mean, Civ is a game where you settle the city of Washington DC as an immortal Theodore Roosevelt in the year 4000 BC. so expecting any kind of "realism" is misguided. Units are just units. There are no "people" in Civ in any real sense. Even the citizens in a city are ageless and unaging and can only be killed by a natural disaster or the city being conquered.
I understand your argument; we can't have the game follow realism everywhere, as, first of all, that would just be real life, and it wouldn't resemble a Civ game. Having civilization with the same 'leader' for 6000 years doesn't follow realism, but it works game mechanically and is enjoyable. However, I have to argue that Civilization 6 is great because it incorporates some realism. For example, in the game, we play on a map that, in many ways, represents how the Earth looks. The map includes Earth-like elements such as land, water, and resources that exist in the real world, trying to make those resources behave as they would in reality. Another example is the technologies that represent real innovations in the real world.

With that said, wouldn't it be enjoyable to have units represent something real so that we can imagine playing as a leader controlling, to some extent, what the people of our civilization are doing? I think citizens are in a good place, as I can imagine they represent many people and where they live. We just need units to represent something real for our imagination and for immersion to increase. I want to imagine that units are groups of people assigned with a special task, and the group continues and remains filled with new people from our cities, much like citizens are refilled by newborns. But it's hard to imagine since this group of people moves so slowly across the map. If only units would move more realistically, I think our imagination would greatly appreciate it. Perhaps having units move according to how many years pass by would make it possible to imagine that units represent groups of people?

How do I get out of this handicap where the game starts me without a settler? This is what I mean. I just tried to start a new game and I didn't even have a settler to begin. It settled the city for me. And it was the worst start I've ever seen! This one is for the Civ history books...

Civ 6 Worst start ever.jpg

@Olle Wernersson , you might want to try Old World if this is important to you. Units can move further, depending on your choices.
Oh wow, I just looked at how the movement works in Old World, and my initial thoughts are that I like it very much! One turn is only one year, which I appreciate, and it is possible to move as a group of people in a more realistic manner!

Reactions: PiR
How do I get out of this handicap where the game starts me without a settler? This is what I mean. I just tried to start a new game and I didn't even have a settler to begin. It settled the city for me. And it was the worst start I've ever seen! This one is for the Civ history books...
This happens from time to time… But… you are supposed still to have a settler, not have the city already settled, that’s weird

Still, if you intend to try that game, it’s still possible to do something… build an encampment outside the mountains, then spam units and go conquer the closest city… it’s possible, but incredibly hard and exhausting, just so you know what you’re getting into

Once you’ve conquered, you would be able to then build settlers and build your empire…

good luck

PS just so you know, built units appear in your encampment once it’s created….

It’s the mods you’re using.
Thanks. I'm not sure which Mod is causing the city to be settled from the start, but I deactivated a handful of mods and tried to start a new game and that seemed to work. The mods that could be the culprit include...

Earth 2020 map
Earth 2020 Scenario
Earth Huge map (and a couple other Earth map mods)
George Washington Leader
More Civs in Multiplayer
And there was a couple UI mods that I can't remember what they were called.

Something like this happened before too when my governors screen went all Portuguese text even though my language setting was English. After tediously testing each mod, I discovered it was the Maccabees unique unit mod for Israel that was causing it. Which also means I can't put David or Solomon in the game unless I want to read Portuguese.

What is needed to get animated leaders? Have got the leader-pass
If you're referring to leaders appearing as still images and not animated models that could be fixed by video settings within the game settings. At least, that was the reason for me why leader scenes weren't animated in Civ V, because the game determined that my PC specs would find rendering animated scenes too taxing, so I had to turn them on manually. (I haven't had any issue with leader scenes in Civ VI, but I'm assuming that it's the same reason).

On the bright side, my capital is well defended!

There must be a bug in this Enormous Continents and Islands map/mod...

Civ 6 Even worst start than before.jpg

Top Bottom