Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Which of the pantheons are good for actually getting a religion on King or higher? Also, what's a good build order? I thought that rushing shrines and spamming settlers to build more shrines would be enough but apparently not.

Last edited:
Which of the pantheons are good for actually getting a religion on King or higher? Also, what's a good build order? I thought that rushing shrines and spamming settlers to build more shrines would be enough but apparently not.
If you're going authority, I just prioritize spearmen and 'God of War' but now with the new pantheon logic, AI are picking that too so you kinda need to be lucky

If I conquer a civ, will the other civs hate me FOREVER? I've spawned next to Alexander and he's on my hit list.

The ceremonial burial founder belief reads in part 'Receive 25 faith and 50 culture whenever a great person is expended...' This effect currently applies in all your cities with the religion, rather than just the holy city - is this intended? If so may I suggest that the wording of the tooltip be tweaked to reflect that it's significantly better than how it is currently described.

If you're going authority, I just prioritize spearmen and 'God of War' but now with the new pantheon logic, AI are picking that too so you kinda need to be lucky

I ended up getting lucky with goddess of purity and a few marshes.

Unrelated question, I'm currently playing a game on standard speed King where I'm stealing a tech every few turns. Like, every six turns. It really feels like something is broken because I caught up to Korea by stealing all their techs even though I was pretty far behind. Is there any plausible explanation for this or is it a bug? My spy has +70% due to rank, is that abnormal?

Kind of killing my enjoyment of the game to just randomly become the best at science without even earning it because my spy went ham on Korea.

Last edited:
Two questions:
I've been messing around with the communitas map and I've been wondering if there's any serious detriment to increasing the world size. Has anyone else tried lengthy games with increased size on map scripts?
Along with my messing about, I've noticed that there seems to be no straightforward way to change resource distribution. The assignstartingplots lua seems to tie a lot of things together. Is there a way to change overall resource output without breaking things?

Edit:
I answered my second question. Both luas are much friendlier than I thought. Just had to change quantity values to get the effect I wanted. I suppose I'll see for myself if a bigger communitas map is stable.

Last edited:
Is the France UA additive? For example, say I conquer a 10 population city and get 5 turns of bonus culture and production. Then, 2 turns later, I conquer an 8 population city. Would my cities experience 7 turns of the bonus from there? Also, does it round up or down for odd populations (I'm guessing down but that's a shot in the dark).

Is the France UA additive? For example, say I conquer a 10 population city and get 5 turns of bonus culture and production. Then, 2 turns later, I conquer an 8 population city. Would my cities experience 7 turns of the bonus from there? Also, does it round up or down for odd populations (I'm guessing down but that's a shot in the dark).

Additive yes and rounds down.

What does it mean when it says in the tooltip that Mt.Kalaish gives +35% Defense? Does it give defense to the city that works the tile? I assume it is supposed to give the defense to a unit standing on top of it, but the Mt.Kalaish is impassable.
20170216194816_1.jpg

What does it mean when it says in the tooltip that Mt.Kalaish gives +35% Defense? Does it give defense to the city that works the tile? I assume it is supposed to give the defense to a unit standing on top of it, but the Mt.Kalaish is impassable.View attachment 465124

No, that's just defense on the tile.

SQL question. Is there a way to delete rows from a table that MIGHT NOT exist without getting any errors or warnings? Since there are no stored procedures and cannot use IF...

Edit: table itself might not exist

Last edited:
cannot use IF...
DELETE FROM Language_en_US
WHERE Tag = 'TXT_BUILDING_JCHURCH_HELP' AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM Language_en_US WHERE Tag='TXT_KYEY_BUILDING_JCHURCH_HELP');

Nope, that's not the case. Language_en_US exists always.
I see that my question may not be precise - the table itself might not exist.
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS

So, create the table if it doesn't exist then have it be deleting something that doesn't exist. :p

Why does it say in Civipedia and in science window that Kuna provides +1 Science and +2 Faith but when I build one it actually gives +3 Science and +2 Faith? Did I miss something else?

Attachments

• 20170219232256_1.jpg
    20170219232256_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
Top Bottom