Quick Questions / Quick Answers

That's a bug, Pilotis. Have you tried reloading a save from a turn before?
Yep. No difference. Still stays put when territory is taken. Does not get ejected.
Mod list here. Hmm. I don't see any of my additionals on the compatible or incorporated lists... Cultural Diffusion and the Promotions stuff seem okay. I don't see 'Custom Advanced Setup' or 'Subs Ignore Borders' anywhere...
But maybe I should just take them out (?)

Attachments

• PilotisCBPModList.jpg
    PilotisCBPModList.jpg
    693.9 KB · Views: 42
Are the forts border growth points passive, or do I have to work the fort to get them?

This is my first time with CBP. I cut out a load of other mods I played with vanilla, but kept these. (CBP is a fantastic achievement btw...gobsmacked!)
I suspect it could be Cultural Diffusion. Subs ignore borders is compatible (all WHowards's minimods are considered compatible - except this which aren't :) I list only the incompatible ones in the related thread)

What does the Custom Advanced Setup mod do, btw?

I just had Byzantium get 2 cataphracts from my razing, aka the "partisans". Is it intended that partisans can be strategic UUs?

I just had Byzantium get 2 cataphracts from my razing, aka the "partisans". Is it intended that partisans can be strategic UUs?

Yup!

I suspect it could be Cultural Diffusion. Subs ignore borders is compatible (all WHowards's minimods are considered compatible - except this which aren't :) I list only the incompatible ones in the related thread)

What does the Custom Advanced Setup mod do, btw?
It just gives you more detailed options when setting up. That said, I haven't tried vanilla CBP setup, so may be no different...

Could someone say a bit more about DFPs? I think I get what they do - make the unit more resilient (?) What do the initials D.F.P. stand for?
(And how many more times can I say how brilliant this 'mod' is without you guys rolling your eyes?)

Could someone say a bit more about DFPs?

This is a special promotion given to the Fusilier, Riflemen, Infantry, and Mech Infantry (I forgot what the other promotion is called for the Fusilier and Riflemen, I think DFP is for Infantry and Mech Infantry). The promotion grants the units both a defensive bonus against ranged attacks and some HP. The goal is to make late game melee units a bit more durable against their ranged counterparts.

Just want to ask a question about barbarians & their movement. In recent versions I have found barbs (not talking mounted units here) seem to ignore terrain when moving, & it is extremely difficult to avoid them unless on flat ground or a unit with better movement. Looking close at them, they seem to have movement bonus, but ones in the camps don't seem to have this. Playing America is a nighmare, as your immediate area is covered in forests, meaning you cannot get away from them & they hone in & surround you. Must be true for other civs whose favourite terrain is rough ground. Is this intentional & when was this introduced, as it is a real disadvantage to civs who can't move quickly due to terrain. It seems silly a brute moves quicker than a civ equivilant.

Just want to ask a question about barbarians & their movement. In recent versions I have found barbs (not talking mounted units here) seem to ignore terrain when moving, & it is extremely difficult to avoid them unless on flat ground or a unit with better movement. Looking close at them, they seem to have movement bonus, but ones in the camps don't seem to have this. Playing America is a nighmare, as your immediate area is covered in forests, meaning you cannot get away from them & they hone in & surround you. Must be true for other civs whose favourite terrain is rough ground. Is this intentional & when was this introduced, as it is a real disadvantage to civs who can't move quickly due to terrain. It seems silly a brute moves quicker than a civ equivilant.

Barbs are given movement promotions for the terrain they spawn in, it's intentional and can be a real pain to deal with, especially in forest or desert

Barbs are given movement promotions for the terrain they spawn in, it's intentional and can be a real pain to deal with, especially in forest or desert

Thanks for yours & Heinz replies.

This seems a bit silly playing America, who were renowned for their wilderness skills, yet cannot catch or get away from a Barb. Same is true if you were playing the Shoshone & Iroquoi..

Where do you look to find out when Barbarians attack a civs or your cities. I know there are so many turns until they do so, which I think is dependant on difficulty & speed. I think it might be around 40 turns on standard speed Prince but unsure.

If it's not enough to get a monopoly, does the Netherlands get any benefit from importing multiple copies of a luxury?

If it's not enough to get a monopoly, does the Netherlands get any benefit from importing multiple copies of a luxury?

No, except for being able to export their own luxury and still get the Happiness from it.

Inquisitors cannot purge religions from City States. Correct? Bug, feature or problem with one of my extra mods?

Top Bottom