Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Checking my understanding of mine fields before I post what I think is a bug.

Normally mine fields only work on worked tiles as far as I know. So there should be no way the mine field slow works on a tile 4 hexes from a city, is that correct?

Checking my understanding of mine fields before I post what I think is a bug.

Normally mine fields only work on worked tiles as far as I know. So there should be no way the mine field slow works on a tile 4 hexes from a city, is that correct?

My opinion is that the description is somewhat misleading, but it's working as intended. An enemy unit can never move into a tile worked by the city as the tile would become blockaded when it entered an adjacent tile. My interpretation is that it means a tile owned by the city, or perhaps controlled would be a better term (in the code, a tile's 'working city' has this meaning, whether the tile is actually being worked or not).

It used to work, if I remember correctly. Was it changed? :think:

If so, I think it should be working in Stalker's case :mischief:

Yes, you are correct. It used to work, and even the AI path finding for movements and cargo ships were able to handle these fort+citadel, fort+city, and citadel+city canals correctly. It would be nice if open borders also allows friendly ships to pass through fort, citadels, and cities.

Can anyone reccomend a good Earth map where you can put civs in their correct starting positions, not randomly. Seeing England in Africa or Greece in America is not my idea of fun. The maps supplied with VP don't seem to allow this, unless I am missing something simple. I did try one map that was reccomended but that seem to just crash the game. Not sure if it was not applicable to mod, not updated to latest version or just bad luck..

Can anyone reccomend a good Earth map where you can put civs in their correct starting positions, not randomly. Seeing England in Africa or Greece in America is not my idea of fun. The maps supplied with VP don't seem to allow this, unless I am missing something simple. I did try one map that was reccomended but that seem to just crash the game. Not sure if it was not applicable to mod, not updated to latest version or just bad luck..

If you want to play with 43 civilizations, install the 43 civ version of VP. I use Hormigas Enhanced Map Pack (43 Civs). Start a custom game, and choose "Play the world extended" map. If you play with this setup, you will notice Songhai often takes over Africa, and Sweden has a tendency to snowball into an unstoppable force.

If you want to play with 43 civilizations, install the 43 civ version of VP. I use Hormigas Enhanced Map Pack (43 Civs). Start a custom game, and choose "Play the world extended" map. If you play with this setup, you will notice Songhai often takes over Africa, and Sweden has a tendency to snowball into an unstoppable force.

I don't think so. 8 civs is enough for me. Couldn't imagine playing 43. Probably crash the machine.

Have you tried Yet not Another Earth Map Pack?

If you use an archeologist in another's territory, and after a few turns of work the tile owner comes in with their own archeologist, it stops your work and gives them priority. Is that intended behavior or a bug?

In the new(ish) Spain UA it says their Inquisitors are stronger, what exactly is meant by that?

Hi, not sure if Im the only one with this problem, but it seems that my communitas and communitu maps are bugged, the prior barely spawning barbarians (only the starting camps, nothing after that even with raging barbs on), which makes it very hard to play authority... And the ladder never spawns ruins and the marsh tiles have the same visual as the tundra tiles.
These maps are nice since theyre larger and made for vox populi, but i cant seem to get good games in them due to the factors mentionned.
So, if anyone knows how to fix the problem, please let me know :)

Are you playing with the latest version of VP and the map? And latest version of Even More Resources, if you use it.

What happens if you capture a Holy City before founding a religion - does it block you from founding?

What happens if you capture a Holy City before founding a religion - does it block you from founding?

Yes, your existing faith is converted to GAP as well. Not ideal, but I don't know if there is a workaround since you become the leader of the existing religion.

How to install only the community patch, civ 4 diplomacy mod, luxury mod & EUI?

I selected 'no bad events' in game setup but I think I must have messed up something else as when an event triggers I get 'TXT_KEY_CITY_EVENT_HELP' (or similar) on screen. I think the event has triggered but can't really tell. How do I rectify please?

I selected 'no bad events' in game setup but I think I must have messed up something else as when an event triggers I get 'TXT_KEY_CITY_EVENT_HELP' (or similar) on screen. I think the event has triggered but can't really tell. How do I rectify please?

Texts of that form are defined in ...Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Modules\Events\Text\en_US\city_en_US.xml. Is that file present?

Which exact version are you playing with which VP mods?

Top Bottom