Quick Questions / Quick Answers

It's already expected that we can get repeated rewards every 3 ruins.

It's already expected that we can get repeated rewards every 3 ruins.
Yeah, that's what I assume. I was thinking moreso in terms of code not working as one would expect and it causing problems in the future. But admittedly it does seem unlikely that the number would ever be increased (especially since it's hard-coded as macro), and anything else would involve rewriting that code anyway

If I push the restart button, does it remember map settings like world age, sea level, etc? Also, is there a way for the game to somehow remember these settings when I set up another game?
If anyone knows, please let me know. I remember there were issues with the restart button in the past.

I think there was a mod called Really Advanced Setup that did what you described and more. Not sure it is up to date and working.

do someone knows if theres a version of communitu map that i can play it without having voxpopuli activated

Really I cannot understad how can that happens:
I have my Warrior unit an Alert position on an ancient ruin
View attachment 689720

On next turn the American Pathfinder pushed aside my unit and took the Ancient ruin

View attachment 689721

????????? AI cheats? JFD's United States mod can do that?
I have already reported it a coupld of patches ago

I think its intented. Other units than scouts etc are not allowed to take or block ruins anymore

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone know what determines the order in which the vox populi mod files run? I have been trying to alter the Scrivener's office yields per ally. I inserted the below SQL in the Vox Populi National wonder changes file:

UPDATE Building_YieldPerAlly
SET YieldType = 'YIELD_PRODUCTION'
WHERE BuildingType = 'BUILDING_COURT_SCRIBE' AND YieldType = 'YIELD_FAITH';

but it doesn't take. I think it's because the xml that creates the Court Scribe building runs after the SQL file that I inserted the above code in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone know what determines the order in which the vox populi mod files run? I have been trying to alter the Scrivener's office yields per ally. I inserted the below SQL in the Vox Populi National wonder changes file:

UPDATE Building_YieldPerAlly
SET YieldType = 'YIELD_PRODUCTION'
WHERE BuildingType = 'BUILDING_COURT_SCRIBE' AND YieldType = 'YIELD_FAITH';

but it doesn't take. I think it's because the xml that creates the Court Scribe building runs after the SQL file that I inserted the above code in. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Actually, the yields for that building are added in SQL as well, specifically in "Database Changes/City/Buildings/BuildingChanges.sql" starting at the line 1948. The yields are inserted into the "Helper" table, which is then used in the next INSERT that creates the building's rows in the table.

As far as I'm aware, XML from the same source (mod, DLC, expansion) should always be processed before SQL.

Last edited:
Hi again
I have 2 questions
1. How to update Vox Populi? Just install new version over old one?
2. I inderstand, that VP changes game files. But I want to play scenarios (like the Rise of Mongols), and i try this, but the interface and I think other stuff is change by VP
The question is so: how to play vanilla scenario, with no changes, affected by VP (or CPP)

There is two things : VP and EUI.
Vox Populi is only a mod ; if you don't load it, it won't change anything.
EUI act as a DLC, meaning it is ON by default. You must go to your DLC folder (out game) and remove it temporarily (I have a copy in "Document")

There is two things : VP and EUI.
Vox Populi is only a mod ; if you don't load it, it won't change anything.
EUI act as a DLC, meaning it is ON by default. You must go to your DLC folder (out game) and remove it temporarily (I have a copy in "Document")

I removed dlc folder from "Assets" folder, and the game starts with error and then closes

Upd: Sorry I am dumb
Just removing VPUI folder
Now will try

Last edited:
The removiness of VPUI folder doesn't enough
Options menu are the same, as it was with VPUI, and mongol keshik is 13/8, but in vanilla it is 16/15

There should be two folders you have to remove.
Do you have UI_bc1 or something like this ? it is part of EUI.

Sorry I should have been precise from the get go

Is there any way to remove the xp limit that a unit gains from defeating barbarians? even manually when changing a line of code I spent 2 hours looking for the code that takes care of this and couldn't find it.

Moderator Action: Moved to Quick Questions / Quick Answers thread. - Recursive

Last edited by a moderator:
MODS\(2) Vox Populi\Database Changes\DefineChanges.sql

Find this line:
Code:
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 45 WHERE Name = 'BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE';

Set to -1 and save the file.

Top Bottom