Quick Questions / Quick Answers

Hi everyone,
I'm probably one of the many lurkers, so since I've already created an account to ask a question I wanted to express my gratitude and admiration for the people actively working on this project. I hope they will keep up the good work! Many thanks also on behalf of the other lurkers ;)

And the question is as follows:
I have a city with 8 citizens, where the religious distribution translates into 5 FR; 1FR; 1 MR (FR - foreign religion; MR - my religion). I used inquisitor and only 1 citizen from FR to no religion? ( lightning icon) was converted? . I still have 1 citizen with my religion. Bug or feature? If feature then how does heresy removal work?

I play about 1 per year, so maybe I missed some changes, but AFAIR the inquisitors removed all foreign religions and restored my religion. I have a religiously defensive style, so I have always focused on keeping the faith in my cities, using the belief that provides money from removing heresies. If anything has changed this belief has also been weakened?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

The inquisitor have been changed numerous time.
It only remove half the pressure of foreign religion now, or enough to remove one follower, whichever is stronger.
Also it does not apply any pressure itself. You will need a missionary to end the job.

The reason it was changed that way is that is was absolutely too strong and removed any incentive to try to spread your religion, since your rival could erase the work of 3-4 missionaries with a single inquisitor (in the case of very high pressure)

The inquisitor have been changed numerous time.
It only remove half the pressure of foreign religion now, or enough to remove one follower, whichever is stronger.
Also it does not apply any pressure itself. You will need a missionary to end the job.

The reason it was changed that way is that is was absolutely too strong and removed any incentive to try to spread your religion, since your rival could erase the work of 3-4 missionaries with a single inquisitor (in the case of very high pressure)
Ok, thank you, now I understand the mechanics.
But this leads me to another question - I have tested the missionary in the same scenario, and with spreading religion 5 FR dropped to 3, and MR was raised to 4. So what is the point of using iquistior if missionary is cheaper and more effective? When the iquisitors should be used?

Hi folks, it's the start of the game and I revealed a ruins turn 1, and tried walking on it turn 2. Is there a reason why I can't collect the rewards?
I've just reinstalled Civ in my machine, and I just did a clean installation of the 4.7.3 version (VP with EUI).

Attachments

• bug.PNG
    bug.PNG
    4.1 MB · Views: 34
  • bug2.PNG
    bug2.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Hi folks, it's the start of the game and I revealed a ruins turn 1, and tried walking on it turn 2. Is there a reason why I can't collect the rewards?
I've just reinstalled Civ in my machine, and I just did a clean installation of the 4.7.3 version (VP with EUI).
There was a change recently. Only recon units (pathfinder, scout etc.) may collect rewards. You tried to collect it with warrior and it doesn't work anymore.

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone know what determines the order in which the vox populi mod files run?
If I'm not mistaken, it's the order in which the checkmarks are checked that determines load order.

Do you have UI_bc1 or something like this ? it is part of EUI.
Yes thanks it helped, but keshik is still 13/8 stats, though I thinks its scenario feaure

As i understand, the only files, that added to game folder, is in VPUI and UI_bc1? And the rest in mod's folders?
And no game files are modified? And if remove that folders from the game's folder and don't load mods tt will be clean Civilization 5?

Ok, thank you, now I understand the mechanics.
But this leads me to another question - I have tested the missionary in the same scenario, and with spreading religion 5 FR dropped to 3, and MR was raised to 4. So what is the point of using iquistior if missionary is cheaper and more effective? When the iquisitors should be used?
You should look at pressure, not amount of followers.
Assuming no wonder boosts - Hagia Sofia or Borobudur - and no Belief boosts - can't remember their name :
  • a missionary costs 200 faith and add a total 2 spreads = 2000 pressure
  • an inquisitor costs 300 faith and remove half pressure. Since it costs 50% it should be 50% more efficient, thus removing 3000 pressure to be on par with a missionary.
If the total accumulated pressure from foreign religions is more than 6000 pressure, inquisitor will remove more than 3000 pressure and thus be more efficient than a missionary.
If your religion have few accumulated pressure, you should make one or two missionaries to give it a punch.

Yes thanks it helped, but keshik is still 13/8 stats, though I thinks its scenario feaure

As i understand, the only files, that added to game folder, is in VPUI and UI_bc1? And the rest in mod's folders?
And no game files are modified? And if remove that folders from the game's folder and don't load mods tt will be clean Civilization 5?
Yes, without those two folders you should be good.

Reactions: 4CV
Does increasing the number of city states also increase land percentage on Communitu Terra map?

Edit: I asked, because I noticed that whenever I increase it, I have only like 1 CS next to me, there is more land to expand, and I really need to try hard to find the other half. Do they just move to the other continent?

Last edited:
Is there any way to make the Holy City of a religion move when it's captured?
I'd like to have the founders keep control of their religion.

I'm playing Vox Populi Mod V. 4.6.1 (43-Civ) with EUI, and I experienced crash to desktop CDT in late game that I was able to replicated from a saved game. When I get the chance I'll report this through the github. But separately, because I was playing this marathon game for several weeks and felt really invested in it, I'm wondering what my most stable options are.

I've read some comments that the eui causes trouble, and I'd be willing to forego that if it meant it would be more likely to finish the game.
I'm most curious, and I hope I'm phrasing this correctly whether using the modpack as opposed to the mod would be more stable. I'm not intending to do any multiplayer.

I hope this is the correct place to pose this question. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey guys, anybody knows how to change the number of available religions? It used to be on WorldChanges if I remembered correctly, but I cant find it anymore.

I think it is in Community Patch -> Core Files -> Core Values -> Core Defines

Search for RELIGION_MAXIMUM_CAP and change the number to what you want

I need new notification messages for gaining tourism on completion of ITR (new Divine Right).

Current notifications for ETR completion for reference:
Citizens from the {2_Adj} City of {4_Dest} used your sea Trade Route to visit the City of {3_Num}, and have spread word of your great City. As a result, you gained {1_Num} :tourism: Tourism with {5_num}, and {6_num} :tourism: Tourism (before modifiers) with all other Civilizations they know!
Citizens from the {2_Adj} City of {4_Dest} used your land Trade Route to visit the City of {3_Num}, and have spread word of your great City. As a result, you gained {1_Num} :tourism: Tourism with {5_num}, and {6_num} :tourism: Tourism (before modifiers) with all other Civilizations they know!

1. What do I need to change for that black ring to be 4 rings instead of 3 when you hover while having a Settler selected?
  2. Can you raze City States?

I played a Siam game just a couple releases back where my cities were getting lots of food from city states with no maritime city state ally, just a cultural and a militaristic. Bug or some mechanic I don't know about?

Attachments

• 20240413184750_1.jpg
    20240413184750_1.jpg
    943 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240413184803_1.jpg
    20240413184803_1.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 16
Hey everyone, does anyone know if its possible to use something like cout to output information from the game dll? I tried attaching the civ5 process to visual studio but it doesn't seem to show any of my output statements in the terminal window.

Top Bottom