Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Using C2C_World mapscriipt, I was placed on an oceanlocked 68-tile island with one barb city for company. There's room for seven cities on the whole island.

Is this working as intended?
Hard to say without more info, how many civs, how large a map, what kind of map (continents I suppose), old world only start or start everywhere, did you chose the Barbarian World option (this should be yes), etc.

Hard to say without more info, how many civs, how large a map, what kind of map (continents I suppose), old world only start or start everywhere, did you chose the Barbarian World option (this should be yes), etc.
It's a Huge map, default number of civs - I think 12. Option "Barbarian - Barbaric World" is on. I can't find "Continents" or Old World/everywhere in my Settings, Options, or .inis. Is there somewhere else I need to look? Mapscript C2C_WORLD.

It's a Huge map, default number of civs - I think 12. Option "Barbarian - Barbaric World" is on. I can't find "Continents" or Old World/everywhere in my Settings, Options, or .inis. Is there somewhere else I need to look? Mapscript C2C_WORLD.
Sea level is also of interest as if it is very high this would increase the chance that many landmasses are separated by ocean and that more than one of them are designated as old world landmasses.
1712266693856.png

World mapscript remembers your last used settings.

So you are saying there is a minimum of 5 water plots separating your landmass from any other landmass, and that it is not the largest landmass on the map. This shouldn't really happen if one play with "old world start" (though it could theoretically happen, just very unlikely with most options being standard), but it is very likely to occur with start everywhere.

Sea level is also of interest as if it is very high this would increase the chance that many landmasses are separated by ocean and that more than one of them are designated as old world landmasses.
View attachment 688050
World mapscript remembers your last used settings.

So you are saying there is a minimum of 5 water plots separating your landmass from any other landmass, and that it is not the largest landmass on the map. This shouldn't really happen if one play with "old world start" (though it could theoretically happen, just very unlikely with most options being standard), but it is very likely to occur with start everywhere.
So I went in as if to start a new game, and I get Continents landform, Old World start - and Medium sealevel.

The ocean in one place is only one tile wide, but of course that has the same effect as an entire Pacific.

It's like a Seven City Challenge two-civ Duel scenario until pirate ships.

When you say "could theoretically happen", is that the same as "working as intended", or not? I mean: neutral question - do you think the mapscript should be changed?

When you say "could theoretically happen", is that the same as "working as intended", or not? I mean: neutral question - do you think the mapscript should be changed?
It should be changed, but since the issue is very rare, it is very low priority.
Should just make sure that all old world landmasses are connected to the biggest landmass on the map minimum by sea terrain. Biggest landmass is always "old world", I think it roughly goes for a 40-60 new-old world land plot division, but that division ratio can be loosened to allow a hard rule that old world landmasses cannot be divided by Ocean from the biggest landmass.

Top Bottom