Resource icon

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.13

Actually i'm gonna go full bug reporting mode here, i noticed that when i used the coastal raid feature on a campus district, i could do it an endless amount of times and just spam techs
EDIT: It seems like it's only the barbary corsair that has this problem

Last edited:
Greetings all! Quo here. Lead developer on Quo's Spheres of Influence.

It's been a long time since I took a look at what's going on with Civilization 6. I was quite surprised to hear that some new expansion content is coming out.

Unfortunately I'm no longer in a position to keep this mod up to date. I may be able to configure the new civilizations with the Sphere feature, but that's about the extent of it right now.

Meanwhile, if there any regular players who are also developers who might be interested in continuing this mod where I left off, please inbox me. I am not territorial--I am willing to hand over the keys if there's someone out there who is interested in taking over.

Many thanks!

(Now, if any of you happen to be Terraria players, you may be excited to hear about a new mod coming soon.... :) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FJ0yB5S4TrtE1EEa8pMs6PhRJRtzpGhrCOfbOvTXXq0/edit )

isau updated Quo's Spheres of Intrigue with a new update entry:

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.9

Minor changes to make the mod compatible with latest changes.

• Fixed a crash to main menu caused by a change Firaxis made to policies
  • Added Gran Colombia to the New World sphere
  • Added Maya to the Native American sphere

For now both Colombia and Maya have generic friendship bonuses (+1 trade route) rather than a custom bonus like other civs have.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi all,

I didn't get any takers on development support for the mod, but I did find some time to at least bring it up to date for the latest content releases. I have a feeling with the slew of new content balance might become an issue, but at least for now the mod should basically work.

The new civs for now have a generic friendship bonus (+1 trade route) because that is easier to implement with minimal testing to see how the mod runs with the huge number of DLC content packs available now.

Please report any issues or bugs.

So,I'm just getting a look at the extensive changes to game balance that happened with New Frontier Pass. I'm going to need to do some hefty rejiggering of old mod code, because Firaxis buffed many of the old policies and pantheons.

The game plan for now, is to approach it like this:
  • Remove all changes the mod made to Policies
  • Remove all changes the mod made to Pantheons (already done in an earlier patch)
  • Remove all changes to Governments
  • Keep spheres/biomes
  • Keep friendship gifts
  • Keep changes to leader and civs unless that leader or civ has been wildly modified by Firaxis, in which case, use Firaxis' version (for now)

The version of the mod currently published does some of these things inconsistently. Text issues may cause it to report it changessomething it doesn't. Unfortunately, fixing it is a hunt and peck operation so may take some time.

Last edited:

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.10

The following updates have been made:
  • All changes made to Policies in previous versions have been removed

Updates to Spheres
  • Asian Pacific
    • Removed the Pacific Harbor district from the game
  • Mainland Asia
    • Removed flag that prevented building Industrial Zones
    • Removed ability to build mines on flat land
    • Removed ability that provided 12 tiles on using a great person in the early game eras
    • New malus: Siege units have -1 Range...

Hi all, an update about policies.

I hadn't realized that the reason I was seeing updated policies was not because Firaxis changed them, but because some mods got enabled that changed them. I actually quite like the changes made by these mods (it was the Civilization Improvements Patch that got enabled.) For now I'm leaving the policy changes out of Spheres of Intrigue and am going to more tightly focus on the unique things this mod does--spheres, friendship gifts, etc.

I'm getting around to fixing issues introduced with the latest Civ patch. So far, it looks like issues have cropped up with Secret Societies and the Governor "cloning" themselves. Also, new leaders need to be added to spheres.

If you are aware of any other issues, please report them here.

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.11

This patch fixes some minor compatibility issues with the Menelik/Secret Societies patch.

• Fixed a bug that caused duplicates of Secret Society governors to be created in games featuring Secret Societies
  • Added Menelik to Sub Saharan Africa
  • Fixed Alt Cathy's sphere information not showing in the character select screen
  • Fixed Alt Teddy's sphere information not showing in the character select screen
  • In MyOptions, lowered defaults for securing a Golden Age back to their...

The latest version has been updated to account for Menelik and Secret Societies. Please alert of any errors. Happy playing. :)

Quo's Spheres of Intrigue v8.0.12

This is the first attempt to balance the mod for the Expedition Pass content.

Philosophical Changes
This mod began 4 years ago as a way to correct issues with the core game. Thus, there were many 'extras' built in that seem clunky now. I am in the process of removing those where necessary, in particular, leaders with fussy changes to their abilities.

Changes to Civs
  • Removed all changes this mod made to the following civs:
    • Arabia
    • Malaysia
    • India...

When I did my testing on the latest patch, random techs were enabled, so I didn't pick up on how overpowered Eastern Europe is in the last patch. Expect a nerf; most likely they'll lose free Bronze Working. It's only provided right now so they don't get shortchanged by hitting 5 pop in a city prior to hitting Bronze Working on their own.

... what files need to be deleted in the latest version so that the units move as before and the city-states give ambassadors when they meet ???

Hi there,
Long time fan of Quo's mods. I downloaded v12 and couldn't get it to work, even with it being the only mod. Here's what I did to get it working:
- I first though it was iceland - so I downloaded the iceland mod, but that didn't fix it. As a precaution, I then commented out all references to iceland.
- In the process, I saw peter the great (russia) was commented out in one of the files. So I re-enabled it by removing the --
- I don't have the Gran_Columbia & Maya DLC - so I went through every file that mentioned or referenced those civs and commented out. I also verified there were no other DLCs I didn't have that were referenced in the file (I had Ethiopia and it doesn't look like Babylon had been introduced yet)

Once I did all that, viola, the mod loaded. Will start loading my other mods to see if there's any other issues, but thought I'd post here as a heads up to anyone else who runs into this issue.

Top Bottom