R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

I'd like a option to disable teams would be way easier than edit the lua and change it back. And nuclear weapons for all (as project for all x turns after america got em). I am not quite sure if it would work well with balance or has been suggested already but i would love a nuclear missle war between germans and americans :)

Here a little link about germans and uranium:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_nuclear_energy_project

See that factory plot in the mountains near Oslo in the 39-45 Europe scenario ?

it's not a coincidence...

Spoiler :
but I've not started to code anything around that yet.

Has someone made a 3D model of that plane ? :D

There are models but as far as I know no computer models If you had someone that could make a 3d model from design images it could be made I think...

Here are some specs for the sake of it anyway:

Propulsion
6 Nakajima Ha-54 36-cyl air-cooled radial engines 5000hp each
6 controa-rotating props 4.5m diameter

Performance
679km/h at 10,000m
17,999km
15,000m ceiling
456 kg/m2

Armament
4 20mm Type 99 cannon
20,000kg of bombs

Thanks

Hi Gedemon, great mod!

As Germany, I re-based two of my planes to Bucharest (Romanian allied minor state) aaaaand they're gone. Deleted from the game. They don't exist in my unit list and the city state doesn't show them as being in the city.

I was going to use it as a stopover to go to Cairo and start enforcing some air dominance but those sneaky Bucharest bastards killed :mad: my pilots while sleeping and impounded the planes.

I'm not sure if they dismantled them or secretly sold them to the British :eek:

I'm continuing on without them. I'll build me some FW-190's to replace e'm... but jeez. Sneaky dang Romanians!

Is there a reason why you can´t build units on chinese territory when playing as Japan? I´am now at the year of 1942 and the date is the 10 June. I´ve build two land factorys in Wuhan and Peking so far but can´t recruit any units. Only possible in japanese territory

Awesome mod :D Only thing bothering me, is the fact that the rounds are so long and that it takes ages to destroy a enemy unit:/ Aircraft units needs to get stronger somehow.
And is it possible to somehow add kamikaze units (like the Yokosuka MXY- 7 or just simply "Oka")? I mean is it possible to like only use the plane crash animation, while causing severe damage to the enemy ship or tank unit (would be stupid somehow if a kamikaze attack would be triggered on a city or a infantry unit)?

My second idea is that some units should been given the opportunity to, like do a "last charge" when on low hp, especially japanese units (Banzai charge, Gyokusai) or russian units ( i think its called the hurrah charge or something, I´am no russian or japanese)
, which leads to the total vanishment of the unit but will cause some damage to the enemy unit, depending on the fact, from where the unit started to launch the attack, against what their charging and how high their hp is (for example when charging from a jungle they will cause more damage, while a charge from a plain will lead to the total vanishment of the unit without causing much damage). Isn´t it possible to like use the animation of the pikemen to do so? Sound files would be even immersive. Sorry those are just assumptions, I´ve never modded anything on Civ 5

I bet, somebody already made a similar proposal but I haven´t read it yet.

I admire you for managing all this suggestion and responding on nearly every request:)

UG_Kato,

Do you have a Broadcast Tower and Administration building in those cities? Building units in conquered cities requires both.

(also, word of advice... the trick to success isn't necessarily building new units, but rather building your economy to be able to maintain +5 healing each round :cool: )

Yeah that was missing. Already had administrative buildings but no broadcast tower. Thanks Daybreak.

But I´ve installed this mod to experience the wars I´ve never had in normal game. I´am not that kind of guy who always plays on deity or something like that. More on emperor.

Hey Gedemon?

I noticed that AI submarines are still promoting land bombardment. Seems a tad silly (unless that applies to troopships?)

Hi Gedemon, great mod!

As Germany, I re-based two of my planes to Bucharest (Romanian allied minor state) aaaaand they're gone. Deleted from the game. They don't exist in my unit list and the city state doesn't show them as being in the city.

I was going to use it as a stopover to go to Cairo and start enforcing some air dominance but those sneaky Bucharest bastards killed :mad: my pilots while sleeping and impounded the planes.

I'm not sure if they dismantled them or secretly sold them to the British :eek:

I'm continuing on without them. I'll build me some FW-190's to replace e'm... but jeez. Sneaky dang Romanians!
I had that at some point during the development of this feature, but I thought it was fixed in my tests.

If it happens again, could you post a save game in the bug reports forum from the turn before, I'd like to have a look at it, if possible :)

Awesome mod :D Only thing bothering me, is the fact that the rounds are so long and that it takes ages to destroy a enemy unit:/ Aircraft units needs to get stronger somehow.
I know it takes some time to get used to that difference from the base game, but it's one of the most important feature of the mod, each unit is a representation of divisions, army or even army groups depending of the scale of the map. They should not be wiped out in 2 or 3 combats, the mod focus on attrition war and territory conquest (using the retreat feature and supply lines)

And is it possible to somehow add kamikaze units (like the Yokosuka MXY- 7 or just simply "Oka")? I mean is it possible to like only use the plane crash animation, while causing severe damage to the enemy ship or tank unit (would be stupid somehow if a kamikaze attack would be triggered on a city or a infantry unit)?

My second idea is that some units should been given the opportunity to, like do a "last charge" when on low hp, especially japanese units (Banzai charge, Gyokusai) or russian units ( i think its called the hurrah charge or something, I´am no russian or japanese)
, which leads to the total vanishment of the unit but will cause some damage to the enemy unit, depending on the fact, from where the unit started to launch the attack, against what their charging and how high their hp is (for example when charging from a jungle they will cause more damage, while a charge from a plain will lead to the total vanishment of the unit without causing much damage). Isn´t it possible to like use the animation of the pikemen to do so? Sound files would be even immersive. Sorry those are just assumptions, I´ve never modded anything on Civ 5

I bet, somebody already made a similar proposal but I haven´t read it yet.

I admire you for managing all this suggestion and responding on nearly every request:)

I may add kamikaze units, but they will be restricted for attack on capital ships (battleships, cruisers, carriers), that would not fit for other units, still because of the strategic scale of the mod. (same problem for the others suggestion)

Hey Gedemon?

I noticed that AI submarines are still promoting land bombardment. Seems a tad silly (unless that applies to troopships?)
IIRC this apply for embarked units.

But anyway the overhaul of the promotion tree is in the to do list.

Thanks for the mod, I enjoy it tons! I have found when playing as Germany with IGE activated that even with heavy editing support for my enemies (factories, walls, bank in EVERY Russian city at turn two, and factories in every British city at turn two) that the A.I. makes a tough but still beatable approach. I think it would be nice if there were a way for the A.I. to focus some of their efforts on Heavy tanks, more submarines. This plus (what I've read about A.I. not wasting bombers/fighters on regeneerating city targets) might just be enough for them to actually beat a well played Germany. So far I have had the challenge of a life time, but finally Feb 1943 I am pushinng Russia out of Poland, and Britian is being pushed out of Africa/Mediterrranian. Love the mod, keep up the good work!

this is really minor but I wonder if it can be changed to allow embarked units to 'pass through' friendly/allied sea units. I was playing as England and literally had either a French or Greek ship parked at the Gibralter pass for 6 turns in a row. None of my embarked units could travel through the pass and it was kind of irritating. Anyway, watching it, it seems that my allies love to sit blocking the pass - except they are blocking me!

allowing embarked units to 'pass through' others naval units lead to an insta-crash in my PC... And I don't know why...

I've made Gibraltar 2 tiles wide on the Europe map in the beta to help a bit there.

i really liked the way great generals created armies in civ4, and expected to see a similar function in civ5 too. unfortunately i couldn't find a mod that provides this.

:crazyeye: i think of new missions available for great generals and admirals (replacing their ranged bonuses) that give existing unis additional attributes, change the concept of the great person and consumes it, e.g.:

great admiral provides for an existing marine-unit one of the following:
- add flagship (+strength, +%strength)
- add carrier (+space for aircraft ability)

great general provides for a land-unit:
- add arty (+ranged attack ability)
- add ...

regarding new missions like in these examples, great admirals and generals should appear more often as well. :goodjob:

if it is not possible to change existing military units by an great person's mission, it might be realized by replacing the gr.person with an new unit with special attributes.

I just played a full game as England and eventually Berlin fell in mid-44. a very fun game! However, I must say that I never 'felt' the virtual USA. In my 43-44 landings/offensive I was running -2,000 to -3,500 materials (with a very modest amount of planes and armor, certainly nothing approaching what the allies had in the real war - and nowhere near what Germany had ingame). I noticed that in 43,44 I was still basically getting the same 250 material cargo ships that I got in 41. I would expect that by 43 the material cargo ships from USA should increase to 500 material and in 44 onward, increase to 750. I really don't think that by 44, Germany was out producing the combined USA/UK but it sure does in this game. Anyway, just a suggestion that I think would relieve the UK player of being so starved for resources after USA enters the war in earnest.

Greetings gedemon,

To begin... Amazing mod and thanks for your time!! You made this game what it should have been. Merci

Hope this might help :)

The fall of France bug is a pain... Wondering if it may be off help to yourself if you divide all the sequence that happen once Paris falls.

A lot happens once Paris falls, maybe some pc can't deal with so much in one turn, what if that is divided... Once Paris falls half the things happen and next turn or when Paris reaches full health the other half of the events occur. Maybe doesn't fix the bug, I'm no programmer... But might divide the events into to segments and you can isolate the problem (divide and conquer style :p) hope at least this may be of value.

Once again thanks for this mod you have added so much to civ.

First, to Pedegrino. I believe a lua log file would be more useful for isolating the problem, but... I don't know much about modding CiV, so I don't really know.

Second, I have an idea to put forward. The production of infantry currently consumes hammers, if I'm correct. I propose that it should require fewer hammers, but additionally require some amount of personnel. The feeling leading me to make this suggestion is that you can't build people. I get that their arms and other equipment must be produced, which is why I propose keeping some hammer cost, but the men ought to come out of a player's personnel reserve.

Could you change the convoy so it cant take up supply? It is really annoying losing 6-8 supply to convoys.

it's already in the beta.

Top Bottom