Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's power-typing.

You've been here half the number of years as me and have more than twice as many posts. That's impressive.

You've been here half the number of years as me and have more than twice as many posts. That's impressive.

Power typing!

As an aside, for the first couple years I was just a guy who had created an account to ask a question on the Civ 3 board once and never been seen again.

Power typing!

As an aside, for the first couple years I was just a guy who had created an account to ask a question on the Civ 3 board once and never been seen again.
Many of us began that way.

I don't even remember why I signed up. From the date, I think I was still on my Windows 98 machine, though.

People with enormous appetites.
My appetite is not enormous when it comes to french fries. I like them, but not a lot at once (and I seem to be one of the few Canadians who isn't into poutine).

Portion control is personal issue and how big your meal is is not relevant. Adding meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc.) makes the meal less healthy. And when that meat is bacon, sausage or ham, it is probably less healthy than a pork chop because of the curing process. If you want a bigger, more varied meal that is healthier, then add mushrooms, onions, peas, garlic, spinach, peppers, etc.
You do realize I was talking about restaurant meals, right? Unless they offer a create-your-own-breakfast option, I don't get to tell them what choices I would prefer if they're not on the menu.

Does typing count?
If you go long hours without eating while you're typing? Sure, in my estimation. :p

After all, my November NaNoWriMo was like that on the last day. I was so afraid I wouldn't make it to 50,000 words (had several thousand words left to go), so I pushed myself for most of the day to get the story moving forward, get those words down, and the last 3000 words or so were fueled by McDonalds cheeseburgers, hot chocolate, and chocolate chip cookies. I did over 8800 words that day, finishing a few minutes before the validation deadline.

Yes, that night I did have an enormous appetite (but still didn't feed it with french fries).

You took an extended break, though, and much of your other post count would have been lost over the years due to serial thread archiving (which doesn't happen anymore; we get to keep our post count now).

That's similar to me. I came here on the recommendation of someone from the fantasy RPG forum I was hanging out on, but in my case I wanted information about Civ II. I wandered around the various Civ forums, got into an argument with someone over whether Canada has a culture, the thread got locked (the mod assured me it wasn't my fault), and I left for awhile. I came back due to an email basically saying, "we miss you, come back"... so I did. I hung out in the Civ II forum for awhile, then found my way to OT. And here I've stayed (with additional posting in Civ II, A&E, and Site Feedback - as well as a couple of now-nonexistent social groups).

My appetite is not enormous when it comes to french fries. I like them, but not a lot at once (and I seem to be one of the few Canadians who isn't into poutine).

Poutine is nauseating after 3 or 4 bites. It has all the ingredients I enjoy: fries, cheese, gravy, and potentially bacon or beef if I'm feeling adventurous. But put it all together and it's a VIP ticket straight to "I've made a horrible decision."

I saw poutine the other day that had maple syrup in it. The mere thought was unsettling.

Relevant to the typing discussion:

IMG_3157.jpg

You do realize I was talking about restaurant meals, right? Unless they offer a create-your-own-breakfast option, I don't get to tell them what choices I would prefer if they're not on the menu.
My experience is almost any restaurant will make you whatever you want, as long as they've got ingredients and know how. What you see in their menu is just their most popular configurations and to make ordering easy for you, but if you know what you want and ask you can get it (your server might just be confused at first, lol) They want your business and they want you to be happy, and this is what that old adage "the customer's always right" is supposed to mean.

When I'm at a restaurant I'll often order an appetizer as my meal, because I can get something smaller that way.

My rant for today is wondering how someone can be so thoughtful and yet so thoughtless at the same time, lol. My fiance slept over last night, and he wanted to help me by doing dish cleanup after breakfast. But he chose to do this while I was taking my shower, so I lost all my hot water and I had to suffer through a lukewarm wash even with my faucet turned all the way to hot. I do love him, and he's really sweet, but I was so mad at him.

Relevant to the typing discussion:

View attachment 517388
:lol:

Waay back when I was doing my Western Board of Music exams one of my teachers told me that when I practiced in their studio, I should do my scales and other tech stuff on the piano, rather than on the organ. That way my fingers would get a better workout and when I went back to the organ, it would be so much easier.

As for typing, manual typewriters take more physical effort than electric ones, which take more physical effort than computer keyboards. The nice thing about computer keyboards is that there is no possibility of getting one's fingers caught in the keys or being hit by the strikebars when trying to untangle them (that hurts - a LOT).

Out of curiosity more than anything, I just ran a scan on my music folder. I have close to a month's worth of music. :crazyeye: Why do I listen to the radio, still? I could probably start a radio station.

Out of curiosity more than anything, I just ran a scan on my music folder. I have close to a month's worth of music. :crazyeye: Why do I listen to the radio, still? I could probably start a radio station.
How many GB?

A few hundred gigabytes.

Mines just 19.8 gigabytes.....(3,827 files+240 folders)

What sort of folder structure? I just do Artist/Album, though I have one folder full of random assorted tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom