Random Raves ΜΔ: Crate Expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday Mr. C! Need any recommendations on vidjagames? I can perform that service both for free and on the Internet.
I don't even remember why I signed up. From the date, I think I was still on my Windows 98 machine, though.
:high5:

I believe that the proper 'Muricanism is ‘preach it, sister!’.

What sort of folder structure? I just do Artist/Album, though I have one folder full of random assorted tracks.
A mix of Artis/album, a few loose artist folders and and some loose random folders. Most of the loose stuff are from my file-sharing days (Win-MX, audiognome and kazaa-lite mostly around 2003ish)

Poutine is nauseating after 3 or 4 bites. It has all the ingredients I enjoy: fries, cheese, gravy, and potentially bacon or beef if I'm feeling adventurous. But put it all together and it's a VIP ticket straight to "I've made a horrible decision." I saw poutine the other day that had maple syrup in it. The mere thought was unsettling.

You (Canada) did invent the Hawaiian Pizza
For me I think its the cheese in Poutine that is the odd ingredient, I prefer to have a light sprinkling of some cheese and Japanese Curry roux with fries. Cant you just order the a custom made poutine with less cheese ?
Are you worried about being deported by Immigration instead of your room mate ? :lol:

Hawaiian pizza is the bomb diggity!

And maybe. Going back to Belgium would suck. Waffles are even worse.

Canadians invented Hawaiian pizza? How does that happen?

Canadians invented Hawaiian pizza? How does that happen?

A Canadian first commercialized it is probably more accurate. I'm sure someone before 1962 had the idea to make a pizza with ham and pineapple on it.

It's pretty good. I wouldn't go out of my way to have it unless I'm at a by-the-slice place, though.

I guess I have two raves tonight. Nobody's commented on my weight loss over these past couple months. I've lost 20 pounds since November 1st and (re)gained a significant portion of muscle. I'm still extremely weak, but there are some things that I can reasonably do on a normal day now that I haven't been able to do for years. I have muscle control over my abdomen again, which is neat. Without the muscle gain, I imagine I'd have lost closer to 30 pounds. Still, I'm rebuilding from a relatively atrophied state, so rapid muscle gain is to be expected (although I didn't expect it to have as many effects as it did, and I may need to change my weight loss goal for 2019).

I saw my landlord's son tonight because I wanted our thermostat turned back on. It was turned off last winter due to furnace repairs and I just never bothered asking for it to be turned back on. My tolerance to the cold is gone now, though. My sinuses are sensitive to it and I get nauseous if I'm cold too long. Ridiculous. Now that winter is finally here and it's snowing (five inches and counting...), it gets to about 13 Celsius (55F) in here. So he swung by, turned the thermostat on, and raised it to a balmy 19 degrees. That should be warm enough to counter the side effects. I'll find out tomorrow.

Anyways, my landlord's son works as a fitness trainer. When he came into the apartment he stopped in his tracks, looked me up and down, and went, "How much weight did you lose? Your posture is a lot better."

It was nice to have it noticed. I haven't been very good at noticing it these days because I'm constantly feeling ill or bloated. Outside recognition at least reinforces my belief that I'm making progress.

A Canadian first commercialized it is probably more accurate. I'm sure someone before 1962 had the idea to make a pizza with ham and pineapple on it.
It's pretty good. I wouldn't go out of my way to have it unless I'm at a by-the-slice place, though.

Stop trying to get out of owning that abomination.
At least you didn't invent the even more horrendous Canned spaghetti pizza, that crime against humanity was invented by NZ, NZ YOU HEAR ME Not Australia Defiently NOT Australia !

Back when pineapple was an exotic ingredient, it as probably used spareling to give an exotic taste to a pizza, nowdays since pineapple is so cheap the entire pizza been filled with them and it taste more like a desert. The sweetness overpowers the savory taste for me.

Out of curiosity more than anything, I just ran a scan on my music folder. I have close to a month's worth of music. :crazyeye: Why do I listen to the radio, still? I could probably start a radio station.
That's like asking me why I still get new reading material when I have hundreds of books in my collection I haven't read yet. A few people over the years have actually asked if I'm starting a real lending library (the answer is no, after being burned by a few people who never returned what they borrowed, or wrecked the books by damaging the spine, tearing them, or spilling on them).

But your mention of starting a radio station is interesting - have you thought of applying for a job in that field? It sounds like something you know a lot about and would be good at.

At least you didn't invent the even more horrendous Canned spaghetti pizza, that crime against humanity was invented by NZ, NZ YOU HEAR ME Not Australia Defiently NOT Australia !

Back when pineapple was an exotic ingredient, it as probably used spareling to give an exotic taste to a pizza, nowdays since pineapple is so cheap the entire pizza been filled with them and it taste more like a desert. The sweetness overpowers the savory taste for me.
Hawaiian pizza was my favorite for many years. I don't remember exactly when I stopped ordering it... probably when I started making homemade pizza and began to experiment with other ingredients. Oranges, for instance, make a different sort of pizza experience (sprinkle with parmesan cheese for an interesting taste combination).

He has a very canadian name, yet i am not seeing how you can eat pineapple with pizza
The same way you eat any other kind of pizza. Pick up the slice, take a bite of it, chew, and swallow. Repeat as many times as necessary until you feel you've had enough pizza.

What I really don't get is the appeal of bacon on pizza. :ack:

But your mention of starting a radio station is interesting - have you thought of applying for a job in that field? It sounds like something you know a lot about and would be good at.

I dunno, "really liking music" probably isn't much a qualification.

You get it at the wrong place, that doesn't make it a bad idea.

I dunno, "really liking music" probably isn't much a qualification.
It's not just about what you like, but also about what you know about what you like.

Uh, I know how to use Wikipedia to look up interesting bands?

Hawaiian pizza was my favorite for many years. I don't remember exactly when I stopped ordering it... probably when I started making homemade pizza and began to experiment with other ingredients. Oranges, for instance, make a different sort of pizza experience (sprinkle with parmesan cheese for an interesting taste combination).

That sounds very interesting. I'm assuming this is strictly a homemade style?

Also Hawaiian pizza is the bomb. Nothing goes better with pineapple than bacon. Now throw in a pizza too... :yumyum:

Uh, I know how to use Wikipedia to look up interesting bands?
It was just a suggestion. Sometimes hobbies can become jobs - that's how I ended up with a couple of the home businesses I had (music and crafting).

That sounds very interesting. I'm assuming this is strictly a homemade style?
I confess I didn't make the dough or the sauce. But I chose everything else, and it was an interesting time when the Star Trek club came over and one person wanted meatless, another wanted cheeseless, and someone else wanted extra meat/cheese. Let's just say that I experimented with more than just oranges... green seedless grapes work as well (if you want fruit on pizza, you have to drain it really well so it doesn't make the dough soggy).

Various toppings I used included pepperoni, shrimp, mushrooms, pineapple, oranges, grapes, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and a few more I'm blanking on at the moment (no, I didn't put all the above on the same pizza!).

Also Hawaiian pizza is the bomb. Nothing goes better with pineapple than bacon. Now throw in a pizza too... :yumyum:
Papa John's has this kind of pizza (they changed their menu some time back and put bacon on a whole bunch of things... and discontinued my favorite kind of cheese sticks). My preferred pizza toppings right now are tomatoes, sausage, and spinach.

I think I might be the only person alive who eats pizza with just cheese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom