Random Raves LII: Years May Come, Years May Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a lovely date last night. Some dinner at my house, good conversation and cuddling. Things are improving in my life.

That's great! Hope they do continue to improve!

It's fiesta time! [party]
Because of covid, we have to keep our numbers down. Monica and her three sisters have already arrived. My carpenter and his family will also attend. That's it. :dunno:` Not like the 200-300 people we've had in the past. :sad:

Still my four cats are overwhelmed and are totally spooked, :run::run::run::run:

You can celebrate without a submarine sandwich?

Regardless of that, I am genuinely happy that somebody can find reasons to celebrate in this world. :)

Usually, we'd roast a pig or two or three. I avoid pork and concentrate on the barbequed chicken. :drool:

I just realized that this fiesta I haven't heard on pig screaming for its life. Folks here have taken to heart the police warnings that they will be enforcing the "small celebrations only" rule. :nono:
I don't think Monica's family has a TV. They've been wallowing in my Tomb Raider DVDs. :high5:

MmmmMMmm, memories from decades ago... After a party, I ended up with half of a six-foot Subway sandwich. As I was heading home with it, some partying neighbor were oohing and aahing. :drool: So I gave it to them. :faint: A decade later when I was working for the court, we had a party and again ended up with half of a six-foot Subway sandwich. I gave it to the Sheriff's Dept. there in the courthouse. Wow, happy deputies. :D

Last edited:
Pizza for lunch!

Zkribbler, you're making me hungry. Luckily I have meat and a frying pan.

Next time I'll try whatever recipe you're proposing.

Hugging. :goodjob: I can't remember the last timr I hugged someone. :sad:
You have cats. How can you not have anyone to hug? Maddy and I hug and cuddle at least half a dozen times every day.

You have cats. How can you not have anyone to hug? Maddy and I hug and cuddle at least half a dozen times every day.
`Mine is a long and a sad tale!' said the Mouse, turning to Alice, and sighing. `It IS a long tail, certainly,' said Alice, looking down with wonder at the Mouse's tail; `but why do you call it sad?'

During childhood, we always had at least one cat with which I could cuddle. :hug: When I went off to college, I encountered a string of anti-cat landlords. :backstab: I spent my last 14 years in L.A., in a house that backed up onto a gigantic, hilly park....which had coyotes. I was working crazy hours so was never home and, with the coyotes, small pets had a short life expectancy. It wasn't until I retired to the Philippines that I had the opportunity to have pets. :)

My cook and goddaughter rescued Poseidon and Boots, and thus they ended up in the little house. Then a few months ago, we got Mouse and Easy for me. I tried keeping them in my bedroom, but they enjoyed playing in their litterbox. So Thus began their nomadic wandering, ending with them sleeping in the attic of my patio.

During childhood, we always had at least one cat with which I could cuddle. :hug: When I went off to college, I encountered a string of anti-cat landlords. :backstab: I spent my last 14 years in L.A., in a house that backed up onto a gigantic, hilly park....which had coyotes. I was working crazy hours so was never home and, with the coyotes, small pets had a short life expectancy. It wasn't until I retired to the Philippines that I had the opportunity to have pets. :)

My cook and goddaughter rescued Poseidon and Boots, and thus they ended up in the little house. Then a few months ago, we got Mouse and Easy for me. I tried keeping them in my bedroom, but they enjoyed playing in their litterbox. So Thus began their nomadic wandering, ending with them sleeping in the attic of my patio.
That doesn't explain why you don't hug them. Do they not want human affection?

Maddy and I are close to the point that we have the classic "women usually go to the bathroom in pairs" situation going on. If I'm in the bathroom, Maddy figures that's a good reason to visit the litterbox, even though her litterbox is in another room and it's only the two of us living here.

Big date tonight. We're actually going out somewhere. I can't wait. Now I have to go back to bed to get a little more sleep so that I don't fall asleep in the middle of the date.

Working nights can be a little problematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom