Random Thoughts IV: the Abyss Gazes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly I'm extremely upbeat and bubbly, almost to a fault, my weirdness seems confusing to people I've spoken to, but it's been a while so maybe someone new will see things differently. I don't have many signs of depression, like I don't struggle getting out or doing things.

I hope it all goes well for you :)

The front headphone jack of my computer, which isn't shielded, can occasionally pick up strong radio signals. Right now I can hear faint voices coming through my heapdhones, though I can't make out what they're saying. It's kind of weird.

The first time it happened, I thought I'd picked up some sort of weird malware on my computer.

The front headphone jack of my computer, which isn't shielded, can occasionally pick up strong radio signals. Right now I can hear faint voices coming through my heapdhones, though I can't make out what they're saying. It's kind of weird.

The first time it happened, I thought I'd picked up some sort of weird malware on my computer.
Does anyone in your neighborhood have a ham radio or anything similar? If so, you may be picking up their signals, which means their setup is improperly shielded.

I had a couple of neighbors like that. The first one made sure to fix his shielding since he didn't want to annoy the neighbors (being subjected to hours of muttering and mumbling from the corner of my living room and computer room even when neither the TV nor computer were on was starting to make me wish his tower was made of wood so I could chop the damn thing down).

The second one got verbally abusive, refused to fix anything, so I reported him. His license was revoked. You should not have to be subjected to these intrusive signals.

I'm not sure where the signals are coming from. It doesn't happen very much, though, and it's kind of amusing in a way.

Hopefully the trains will be ok this time.

I took the intercity bus. :) Now i am in this hell-hole of a city once more :/ hopefully i wont need to stay for more than two more months.
I took the intercity bus. :) Now i am in this hell-hole of a city once more :/ hopefully i wont need to stay for more than two more months.

Athens. Twice the hell hole it was when you left?

Or just take a chisel and sell Parthenon parts on ebay.

I am slowly building a subterranian machine which feeds on dog carcasses and will be attacking people and robing them. I will be calling it eudaimon, or eu for short.

I knew that Greek art was known for nude statuary, but is it really necessary to run around robing regular people? Are there that many nudists on the streets?

I am slowly building a subterranian machine which feeds on dog carcasses and will be attacking people and robing them. I will be calling it eudaimon, or eu for short.
So, you'll be attacking people with the spirit of welfare and human prosperity? O tempora, o mores!

The other day, there was a power outage here, and it caused my computer clock to shift forward five years. I have absolutely no clue on this on this one. A drained CMOS battery should have caused it to either lag behind or reset.

The other day, there was a power outage here, and it caused my computer clock to shift forward five years. I have absolutely no clue on this on this one. A drained CMOS battery should have caused it to either lag behind or reset.

Maybe it did reset. Everyone knows that the hard reset value isn't going to be correct anyway, it's basically a random placeholder value. So there's no particular reason to punch in a "current" value when you are preloading the chip. Some wise ass programmer might have used his expected retirement date, or some highlight birthday or anniversary he is looking forward to.

Thing is, my CMOS has drained out before and reset. I replaced it a bunch of years ago. It wasn't 2023 the last time it happened.

My Parthenon broke down. I could use a good parts supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom