Ranged Bombardment for BTS 3.19

OrionVeteran

Deity
Dale's Ranged Bombardment is one best mods ever developed for Civ4 and is now converted to be compatible with BTS 3.19. I wanted my first SDK project to be special and I could think of no better mod than Ranged Bombardment. I have restored the original bare bones version of Ranged Bombardment for the Civ4 Community.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14845

Enjoy! :cool:

Attachments

• RangedBombardment.jpg
    RangedBombardment.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 397
hey orion,

well done, this is a good one.

say,
did you updated the dale code to 3.19 by erging it?

or have you rewritten parts of the code - like in revdcm?

No. I just ported over existing BTS 3.13 code over into the 3.19 SDK files. No changes at all. I wanted the original code to start from.

i see,

well you probably know that there are a lot of flaws in the vanilla code,

maybe at one point you can import the changes and dixes made by the guys at revdcm, as you probably know.

anyway, thank you for the work on this,
your one of the more creative modders here :)

i see,

well you probably know that there are a lot of flaws in the vanilla code,

maybe at one point you can import the changes and dixes made by the guys at revdcm, as you probably know.

anyway, thank you for the work on this,
your one of the more creative modders here :)

Yes, there are improvements to make, but at least this version does not blow up, as it did several times over the course of the last 2 weeks. It's a good start to this new world of SDK.

You do realize this actually might be a feature of (ranged) bombardment? ;)

Nice work BTW.

Thanks for the compliment. The XML is a version, as it has a couple changes to allow ranged bombardment for tanks. However, the basic SDK was cut, paste, compile and test.

OV, Dale's original code is very unstable. Glider and Johnny Smith fixed litterally dozens of critical bugs in it for RevDCM. I highly recommend you compare the DCM code components in RevDCM 2.72 with what you have and replace all altered source with what RevDCM has. It's cool you've taken it on yourself to produce this, and alot of people will use it, but I just want to make sure you're aware of the problems, and let you know that you can fix these by comparing with glider's and Johnny Smith's fixes in the RevDCM source.

OV, Dale's original code is very unstable. Glider and Johnny Smith fixed litterally dozens of critical bugs in it for RevDCM. I highly recommend you compare the DCM code components in RevDCM 2.72 with what you have and replace all altered source with what RevDCM has. It's cool you've taken it on yourself to produce this, and alot of people will use it, but I just want to make sure you're aware of the problems, and let you know that you can fix these by comparing with glider's and Johnny Smith's fixes in the RevDCM source.

This is my first SDK project and Ranged Bombardment is the perfect starting point. I plan on making any and all BUG fixes that may be required. So far, I haven't run across any. In the coming days, I will run some comparisons with RevDCM.

Thanks.

HI orion,

i've merged ypur mod with mine borning mod but it doesn't work. it loads successfully but when i try to bombard a unit with i.e artillery it doesnt work (it shows the grid but when i click the green square nothing happens)

if i upload my cvgamecore dll source can you check my code in order to check eventual errors?

if i load as stand alone mod it works instead

p.s. i've merged also commander mod and lead from behind mod among other mods. please check it because i don't manage to view the portion of code responsible of the issue.

Top Bottom