RB18: Romanus eunt domus!

Inherited turn:

So this is the first time I have this game. Interesting. I must get used to the sight of Barbs near the PFJ HQ and actually NOT be scared. Hilarious.

Turn 1 (1270 BC):

What the hell is the job of Matthias ? Any ideas ? Let's ask Brian, maybe he can give us some insight.

“Oh Brian, where should Matthias go, and what should he do ?”

Brian: "Look for the junipers." Okay, at least that's clear.

OOC: Matthias hunts down the French Warrior at PFJ HQ.

Meanwhile Loretta encounters two friendly men. She decides to go with ‘em because the one says "Je t'aime mon amour" and the other "Omnia vincit amor." Ah those women. Always candy for romance.

Turn 2 (1240 BC):

Loretta seems to be too ugly for Frenchmen and Romans. Instead they try to make love to the Barb Axe - nonsense of course, those guys only do love blood and a fresh cut down head.

Turn 3 (1210 BC):

Loretta has heard of a fashion event in some tribal villages. She begs Reg to give her leave to go there.

"Does a woman not have the right to attend fashion events ? It's like the freedom of speech to us !"

"You are no woman !"

"But I want to be one !"

"Ah, get lost !"

Turn 4 (1180 BC):

Brian the Wise gives orders that the workers at PFJ HQ should seek enlightenment in the hills rather than in the farms. Hail the One-Shoed !

OOC: MM the PFJ HQ - it's now stagnant but will finish the 'Henge in 5 instead of 7 turns...

Turn 5 (1150 BC):

Loretta moves !

Turn 6 (1120 BC):

Loretta moves again !

Turn 7 (1090 BC):

Have I mentioned Loretta did move ?

Turn 8 (1060 BC):

The way is the destination. Says Loretta.

Turn 9 (1030 BC):

And Brian spoke: "Let's gather all around that circle of large boulders."

"Do we have one ?"

"Yes, it has been delivered by WALMART yesterday. $12.99 and I got it some bucks cheaper because the salesman was a damn SPLITTER and I said to him he would be
the star of a nice stoning - as participant. Then he curiously got very open-minded on price questions."

"But Brian, ain't that oppressive ?"

"No. Oppressive is when we are the victims."

Turn 10 (1000 BC):

Loretta can already smell the scent of hysteric women grabbing for cheap cloth…

Summary and outlook:

The Barbs harassed our opponents nicely. Most to suffer had Louis and JC, however they could maintain their cities. A lot of Barb Axes running around now. That’s fun !

·Imhotep·

Spoiler Autolog :
Turn 90 (1300 BC)

IBT:

Turn 91 (1270 BC)

IBT:

Turn 92 (1240 BC)

IBT:

Turn 93 (1210 BC)

IBT:

Turn 94 (1180 BC)

IBT:

Turn 95 (1150 BC)

IBT:

Turn 96 (1120 BC)

IBT:

Turn 97 (1090 BC)

IBT:

Turn 98 (1060 BC)
PFJ Headquarter finishes: Stonehenge

IBT:

Turn 99 (1030 BC)
PFJ Headquarter begins: Archer

IBT:

Turn 100 (1000 BC)

Rex Tyrannus said:
I love your autolog output. Nothing...nothing...nothing...nothing...Stonehenge...archer.

I've removed my comments as they are included already in the main report. But from this autolog you get an impression how hard these 10 turns were - reminded me of RotQM ;) :D :lol: ...

Sweet turns Im ~ should we focus on some military techs now? IW, Machinery and so forth?? We need ot figure something out b/c we don't have any copper and no counter to axes or spears!!....5 archers maybe? 10??

ROSTER:

Rex Tyrannus >> UP NOW (if not still 'ill')
Mostly_Harmless >> on deck
Ozbenno >>
Talamane >>
Dreylin >>
Imhotep >> just played
Pholkhero >> skipped (i just played)

**Save at Post #183**

pholkhero said:
Sweet turns Im ~ should we focus on some military techs now? IW, Machinery and so forth??
Well, at the end of my set there were 25t left on IW, so hopefully it's now down to less than 15. Not sure what more you expect.... :p

Dreylin said:
Well, at the end of my set there were 25t left on IW, so hopefully it's now down to less than 15. Not sure what more you expect.... :p
hmmm . . . [perusing thread, looking for the post where it was mentioned IW is being researched] . . . hmmm . . . [falls asleep, still looking] :p

Very well, siblings. I predict a complete dismantlement of the imperialist state within 24 hours time. And if not, I'll be certain to share my copy of Chicken Soup for the Opressed Judean's Soul with all but brother Imhotep (splitter).

(got it)

So here's my three-thousand-word write-up:

Uhhh...perhaps we need to restart and re-think our game settings? Rome isn't yet dead. He still has some size one city up north. But really, is this game still worth playing?

Edit, other stuff happened, too. Namely, JC asked for peace. Roman filth! (I thought we were locked in war. Guess not.) War wariness went up from 0 to 3 on the turn Rome fell. Kahn asked for peace and I granted it.

WOW! I didn't think it would've been that easy!!! (obviously)

Wow! I have no words right now . . . anybody else have any thoughts? Conquest win??

Ah great, my brothers and sisters in faith.
That really looks good.
But caution!
The sneaky Romans are not dead yet!
Also we have to reunite with the splitters.
I think there is still plenty to do for us out there.

Got it!

I had expected Louis to fall to the Barbs first. With JC being dead soon the greater part of the variant setup is fulfilled already. And I guess there ain't any SPLITTERS so far because Judaism didn't spread to anyone. Whatever comes- the only real opponent on this map will be Mansa, he can hold out long with his Skirmishers. But whenever we come into play with a few units of our own the game will be over. Going for Conquest is nice, but I deem it no challenge, given the circumstances that the Barbs already took out JC fairly easy...

·Imhotep·

P.S.: @rex: Did you notice I've sent you an email 2 days ago ? ;) :D

Here's my thinking:

1) Restart
2) Maybe two beavers this time
3) Natural 3cc.
4) Teamed with Barbs, always war.
5) Opponents: Rome, JPF (Saladin?) + Nobody else
6) Rome starts in the classical era, we start ancient, JPF starts ancient.
7) World-builder gives us Monotheism and holy city. JPF also jewish.
8) Rome gets three settlers. JPF gets two plus several archers.

The only people we hate more than the Romans is the f***ing Judean Peoples' Front! SPLITTERS!

Edit: Maybe JPF gets roads, aqueduct, wine, and sanitation?

Rex Tyrannus said:
6) Rome starts in the classical era, we start ancient, JPF starts ancient.
I like all those, and this one is what i was thinking about last night, to give Rome more of an advantage ~ obviously, a tiny or small map would be good ~

Top Bottom