Real 'Near Future': "Mechs","Super Tanks","Super Soldiers","Space Elevator",Etcetera

Yeah. Huge mechs are unrealistic, in real life it'd be better to use small spider-like robots that are hard to detect and destroy.

Although I'd love a proper expansion or mod for this game with future eras like in Call to Power

Yeah. Huge mechs are unrealistic, in real life it'd be better to use small spider-like robots that are hard to detect and destroy.

Although I'd love a proper expansion or mod for this game with future eras like in Call to Power

Nextwar ships with BTS and expands the Future era units.

Yeah I know and it's nice. But I wish it'd go even further like CtP (which I didn't really like apart from the far future and wonder movies)

I'd like colonies on other planets as national wonders, planetary bombardment from spaceships, wild very distant future technogies, that kind of thing

maybe space empires V is a good game to recommend for some of the people in this thread. It is basically civ in space. I enjoy it from time to time, and it has all the mentioned stuff in this thread and more.

Well, besides the mechs :)

I suspect what a lot of people are looking for is the future to go ahead as far history goes back, so that the present is right in the middle. Maybe if NextWar bridged the gap between the modern era and the beginning of Final Frontier. Not to turn this into a NextWar complaint post, but the technology tree was too shallow and the game span was too short, in my opinion.

Funny, in all the discussion no one mentioned implementing a guerilla warfare system, since that is what we've seen in real life, in Vietnam and Afghanistan to name a few. Prerequisites for research are a significant military disadvantage, maybe worst enemy has industrialism while you only have rifling? Introduce units like snipers and suicide bombers.

I think including near future tech is a good idea, but not unrealistic things like walking tanks.

What about Electromagnetic bombs (to create electromagnetic pulses), advanced powerplants like microwave power.... urban hydroponic towers..

Also, there need to be things in the game like biological weapons---so you can attack units with nerve gas at the risk of lowered reputation. Or, simply be able to train a covert 'partisan' unit where the nationality isn't visible to other players and can act as a terrorist.

walking tanks would be more useful than you might think because of their versatility and mobility. The best would have to be hover tanks though! And on the lard scale antigrav battleships!

Top Bottom