RedoFish another world

There's a problem with pbemtracker. I click on my turn, but it shows 'The requested URL /upload/RedoFish_AD-0840_to_Count1.CivBeyondSwordSave was not found on this server.'

Could it be placed on here or emailed to me?

There you go.

Thanks. Tracker seems to be working now, so I've played and sent it through that.

Let me know if it doesn't work and I'll post it here.

Well fellow world leaders, it had to be done & my Mayas were offered an opportunity to strike a blow for the fair future of this world... & we did.

The runaway #1 Germ civ had to be slowed down. Their leader's over-confidence has cost them a captured Egyptian city & hopefully our brave liberators will finish clearing Egypt of the over-expanding German grunge. :ninja:
It was not our original intent, but when our brave little band read the endless news of more & more wonders, technologies, & lands being gathered by the Germs they had to strike a blow for balance in this world. :spank:

Leaving their latest subjugated city unguarded so they could rush to grab even MORE Egyptian cities was simply too much to resist. Our intention is NOT all-out war, simply to slow the German rush & let their highly capable leader know that there IS a limit to how far & fast any 1 civ can go.
We know U have advanced & powerful military techs & a few units there from. However, the Mayans & perhaps several other slow-going civs have local superiority & U will be unable to reinforce your "Afrika Korp" invaders on Egypt's last island. :trouble:

We are willing to discuss a negotiated Peace & future arrangements with Great Germ Rep sinimusta. Or we can purse this battle for the islands as far as necessary to slow your rush to domination. :hmm:

Please post your feelings regarding these matters here publicly,so all leaders can participate in a solution. Or not... & we will see U on the "island too far".

Why did you use a GG medic to capture a couple of workers and then didn't even delete those workers?

Peace terms? What about leave that island and give me 200 gold for killed soldiers and hurted feelings?

Good Q. Didn't know I could until 1st turn they were Mayan. Besides, thot they would elim'd when original owner recaptured them; as happens with AI workers.:crazyeye:
Yes, the loss of an excellent GG = costly, especially since he was 49/50 experience level. :cry:
But that was the tradeoff to stop your brutal destruction of our friend :egypt:.

Didn't make the same mistake with the 3 our amphibious chariot just captured.

Yep, the war continues Big #1. Your offer was interesting but a bit lite considering YOUR tremendous wealth + the situ your invaders are in... now that U (luckily) dropped off those horsearchers. Their galley is at the bottom of the straights. :splat:

My friends the :egypt: & i (& perhaps others) are happy to continue the battle to free THEIR homeland island. :trouble: But since U seem to be rational & reasonable fair in these matters, i/we propose this as a solution:
We stop where we are. Declare Peace. Then, as soon as both the cities now in unrest due to being captured, are under our control, we gift them back to :egypt: & leave their island for at least a century?
Our units will either be jumped back to homelands or if not, we will guarantee their safe passage home.

Please, before U jump to a rejection or propose another large payoff... look at what will happen in the next & following turns if we are still at war. :think:
Among other things the fate of your exploring galley in Korean waters is doomed & unless U get lucky, the commando chariot & it's galley will have more time to plunder your resources with little risk to them for several more turns. Besides, their loss would small & save Maya from having to support them.

We await your response herein or a reasonable Peace offer within game.

Respectfully, KenWyn of the Mayans :salute:

As you will see in your next turn Big #1, my little Maya have taken out some of your invasion/re-invasion forces on the Egyptians' island & then returned THEIR city to them as proposed in our latest Peace settlement.

I would ask U also return the city U last took from them. That should automatically return all your units back to your home lands.
Then send a reasonable Peace offer to us so we can end this little "Battle of Limits".

It has cost us both some time & units. In the long run, U with all your tech & somewhat military leads, could prevail. But it would/will take decades to mount an attack on the Maya (&/or any allies i may have) to get to & then successfully attack Mayan homeland, so please be reasonable for the future of all civ's on this planet.

As you will see in your next turn Big #1, my little Maya have taken out some of your invasion/re-invasion forces on the Egyptians' island & then returned THEIR city to them as proposed in our latest Peace settlement.

I would ask U also return the city U last took from them. That should automatically return all your units back to your home lands.
Then send a reasonable Peace offer to us so we can end this little "Battle of Limits".

It has cost us both some time & units. In the long run, U with all your tech & somewhat military leads, could prevail. But it would/will take decades to mount an attack on the Maya (&/or any allies i may have) to get to & then successfully attack Mayan homeland, so please be reasonable for the future of all civ's on this planet.

I see you got somewhat lucky there. If you want peace, there are two steps to take:

1)negotiations are in private. There is a reason why Molotov-Ribbentrop pact had secret addendum. ;)

2) You should either give up on Egypt or compensate for letting it live somehow.

"lucky" is a relative term. This adventure/mission to slow Big #1 has been costly to Mayans also. Remember, i did scuttle several units just so your overwhelming force(s) would not get any experience points for wiping them out. Maybe that's why the RNG favored my liberation taskforce as it retreated to the sanctuary of my longtime friend :egypt: ?

1) Am somewhat hesitant about secret nego's since the "court of world opinion" = a safer & longer lasting commitment.

2 )As your caravel will see, i have "given up" on Egypt. My remaining forces are deeply wounded & cowering in Alexander. Tho U must admit: It IS good to have friends in the rite places... their cooperation allowed the brave Mayan liberators to take chances knowing any surviving Greedy German units could not counter attack... including the upgraded curcissiers that no doubt were created just in time to save that conquered city. :cringe:

We now have another 9 turns of your Peace treaty with :egypt: before Germs can move against them (or mending Mayans in their territory). So perhaps we can work out a mutually agreeable arrangement to prevent either of us (&/or allies of the League of Balance) from using violence to advance our civs.

PM or email me with your suggestions/proposals.
=====================================
note: once again... SO glad understand our stupid english language so well. :thumbsup:

Ironic that i'v had to wait for the re-do of this site to post this...
It is with heavy heart & computer that i must announce my full retirement from Civ.
After much thot & angst, i cannot afford to devote any more time or talent(?) to this fine game.

Effective immediately i am stepping out of my last 2 games. Both of which i started & am admin'r for.

My PBEM Tracker user name= kenwyn & p/w= 5ttttt for whomever wants to take over.

I will send my in-game to Bath for sharing with whomever wants/can be found to take over my civs.

It's been a good run & fun for the most part. Best to All of You in Civ & RL.

Ironic that i'v had to wait for the re-do of this site to post this...
It is with heavy heart & computer that i must announce my full retirement from Civ.
After much thot & angst, i cannot afford to devote any more time or talent(?) to this fine game.

Effective immediately i am stepping out of my last 2 games. Both of which i started & am admin'r for.

My PBEM Tracker user name= kenwyn & p/w= 5ttttt for whomever wants to take over.

I will send my in-game to Bath for sharing with whomever wants/can be found to take over my civs.

It's been a good run & fun for the most part. Best to All of You in Civ & RL.

Attachments

• RedoFish_AD-1060_to_KenPac.CivBeyondSwordSave
    812 KB · Views: 129
So no one was interested in continuing this game?

Top Bottom