Return of the sword

Entering this I 've never thought that it will be so easy to crash it. It is so sad to realize how much time is wasted and relationships spoiled. You, guys, have to treat the game like the game. Firsts of all it is the blame of rules which are obviosly not enough to arrange all the conflicts.
It is not really hard to make it allways war and it is the only way it can be done imho. Though Grek may be takees allways war too literally and considers his honorful to attack everyone he sees.

The only solution is to put exact order between conflicting parties and take the honest word that you are responsible for not making double moves even without intention. We have such expirience and it is not impossible, beleive me or not.
The best way is the following:
- when the conflict begin you point the phase you do your turn and never change it unless both sides agree or the contact stopped for a significant period of time;
- use pauses to prolong phases because everyone can only follow 24 hours of time for his turns. Turn overall can last up to 2 or even 3 days but it doesnt matter if everyone is trying to move as fast as possible but has a 24 hours of time to manage turn.
- be polite and respect your opponents.

Hey guys,

Just caught up with the issue now, as I wondered why I couldn't enter the game since yesterday evening.

This is a bit of a shame really, I hope you guys can fix it, and yes we should be better than use the double move thing, it's obviously not the right thing to do.

Really want this to be solved :)

Guys, dont be like kids.
I cant believe its so hard to do not double moves.
May be Grek has too few experience in large slow games and used to play double moves as element of online gaming?
I call to try once more to proceed with everyone trying to be a bit more polite and smarter.

Grek said, he finished preview turn in dark and then attack in beginner from dark, so he thought what it was not double move.

If one who he attacked could see him between turns it WAS double move.
If I understand situation correctly, You never can know if someone have possibility to notice You (by moving unit, culture borders grow, etc).
So, despite 2move attack from FoW in online is common case(where defense is question of reaction and foresight) You should never use it in pitboss.

He couldn't see me between turns Vox!! Thought it was so obvious that decided to make both turns!!! Anyway was bad idea to attack his capital because it ruined his game completely. If we continue i will think twice from now before an attack, so i wont set someone out of this game that early!!! Specially if victim is a host of the game ;)

Yeah, It is always tricky and queer endeavor to kill the host of a game :)
No game I saw to prosper properly when the host is killed.

I'm open to continue the game. I'm not sure if I understood completely the issue but of course double move is forbidden, if someone did it, please reload and let's continue.

I cannot continue this, not because of the double move but because of increased life things. The double moves and the way Vikings are playing just made me realize I don't have the time for it and that it is getting in my head too much which I cannot do right now.

I apologize to everyone but I cannot keep up.

The server I can keep going until someone else is found if you wish but a sub for me will be needed or we can just reload the save that Viking razed my capital and stay on ai.

Let me know what you guys prefer.

Indian,

Situation seem to be stucked a bit here.

Fortunately, you've suggested that keeping the server on for the moment is all possible, so here is what I suggest
- We (other players, and I have good clues who to contact) contact other person to host the game
- You, keep on playing this until you find a sub, I think whoever will do since otherwise we will lose a lot of time / a good game. (*- EDIT - I'd be fine with 2metraNinja, even if he has seen other spoiler threads, just keep the game going)

I believe it's important we keep the ball rolling, and considering you're the one dropping out, liability of finding a replacement is on you I'd say; especially with your notification popping up at a time where (from what I understand) you're under attack in the game.

It'd be inappropriate for the host to leave abruptly after the first bunch of units showing up, at least for next Pitbosses sake I'd say.

Seriously, I'm urging anyone (indian) to replace the Korean civ at least a few turns to keep this going...

I'm very very disappointed at the possibility of this game being stucked :'(

Hey guys, is any of you willing to be replacement in one pitboss I am playing in?

The game is around 2000BC and the available nation is the Dutch with Willem.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=416354

I have 2 other places in different games - the one is replacing Arabia in running diplo-game on 18-players huge Earth around 1600 AD

And the other is to join 12 players Mediterranean Diplo-light game which is about to start - the map is pre-made, but it took some time and we need to replace 3 players who dropped in the meantime.

Top Bottom