RFC Classical World ++

If this mod is still being worked on, the stability mechanic needs an overhaul; at the moment it just slaps the player with crippling arbitrary penalties for no reason.

Necroing the thread to observe this OMG moment:
Spoiler Caravan not certified for desert use :
RFC_Classical_Caravan.JPG

Fixable by replacing:

Code:
<TerrainImpassables>
     <TerrainImpassable>
        <TerrainType>TERRAIN_WASTELAND</TerrainType>
            <bTerrainImpassable>1</bTerrainImpassable>
        </TerrainImpassable>
</TerrainImpassables>

with:

Code:
<TerrainImpassables/>

... in the Caravan and Incense Merchant sections of Beyond the Sword\Mods\RFC Classical World\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml

Last edited:
There is a bug in the ++ version I'm playing, such that once you have a state religion, trying to persecute religion from a newly captured city may cause a Python exception.

Spoiler Classical ++ Persecution bug :
Classic_Rel_tuple5.JPG
The problem is that the list at tPersecutionOrder in Consts.py is incomplete or inadequate. As soon as Christianity splits, the list needs to manage the new Christian sects. I have put together a drop-in replacement:

Code:
tPersecutionOrder = (
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iBuddhism, iJainism, iManichaeism, iHellenism, iZoroastrianism, iIslam, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iJainism, iHellenism, iManichaeism, iHinduism, iBuddhism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iIslam, iJudaism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iIslam, iManichaeism, iJudaism, iZoroastrianism, iBuddhism, iJainism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iIslam, iManichaeism, iJudaism, iZoroastrianism, iBuddhism, iHinduism),
    (iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iHellenism, iHinduism, iZoroastrianism, iJainism, iManichaeism, iJudaism, iIslam, iBuddhism, iTaoism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism),
    (iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iHellenism, iHinduism, iZoroastrianism, iJainism, iManichaeism, iJudaism, iIslam, iBuddhism, iConfucianism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iIslam, iManichaeism, iJudaism, iZoroastrianism, iBuddhism, iHinduism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iHellenism, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iHellenism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism),
    (iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iHellenism, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iTaoism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iArianism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iMonophysitism, iNestorianism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iNestorianism),
    (iTaoism, iConfucianism, iHinduism, iJainism, iIslam, iZoroastrianism, iManichaeism, iBuddhism, iJudaism, iHellenism, iChristianity, iCatholicism, iArianism, iMonophysitism),
)

The above replacement code for tPersecutionOrder in Consts.py is neither definitive, nor is it fully tested. It will probably work with civs of any Christian sect, and shouldn't break before the split, but I have not yet tested it with other civs, nor with instances involving the AI, not with unsplit scenarios. In theory, defining the extra sects shouldn't have any effect until the split, but I didn't write the dll and can't be answerable. It may need two versions of tPersecutionOrder and an if/else in Religions.py, based on whether the Christian split has happened or not.

Also, the persecution order needs review. This version assumes a Christian civ would persecute infidel/heathen religions first. History suggests this may be, uh, overly simplistic.

Last edited:
Here's something I just made, which is a recompiled CvGameCoreDLL for this modmod just to allow for city founding in any location, since I hate that it isn't usually the case. Sure, it will produce a lot of "City" outputs since the city name map is incomplete, but I still prefer that over the alternative. Basically sets all settler map values which were 3 before to 300, meaning that AI will found cities there
Might also try to expand/improve the city name maps myself in the future. Doubt I would be making any other changes.

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL.rar
    996.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Top Bottom