Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Tried Revision 227 and I got tons of XML errors relating to the units and one on the improvements. I think you threw off some of your coding. Love the mod can't wait for 1.4

With a fresh installation (as in, renamed my current RifE folder, made a new checkout of the Public branch, and then copied over the fpak), I have absolutely no issues. Aside from a missing Mekara text file (which is fixed in rev 228).

Basically, it looks like it didn't install right for you, for whatever reason. It's not an issue with the mod, though. ;)

First of all, great work on the mod guys. I'm a long time player of the Civ games going all the way back to the first, and I think I've logged more hours in Civ IV than any other, greatly due to the awesome mods the fans come out with. So props to you all.

On to the issue(s)...

I started a game recently on Monarch but with flexible difficulty. Ended up on Deity for the most of the game and didn't realize why until I went into the World Builder-- I love the game but make no claims to being great at it.

Anyhow, in World Builder, I noticed most of my rivals were pretty weak. One city only in a few cases and this is pretty far into an Epic game where I was researching Commune with Nature. Moving around in the World Editor I noticed areas of unclaimed land that were just OVERFLOWING with Barbarian units (see attached pic as an example). I saw the Barb thread on your other forum and guess it's something still in progress. I'm thinking all these units slowed my turns down too.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 121
In the same game, I also noticed several techs not showing up. Particularly the early ones. Although I played as the Ljosalfar (sp) Elves, I never got access to the Way of the Forests. You can see on the pic that I had a lot of the ones that come after. There are a plethora of others on that same column I never had a chance to research either.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShotTech.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShotTech.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 111
In the same game, I also noticed several techs not showing up. Particularly the early ones. Although I played as the Ljosalfar (sp) Elves, I never got access to the Way of the Forests. You can see on the pic that I had a lot of the ones that come after. There are a plethora of others on that same column I never had a chance to research either.

If you have religions blocked and are not agnostic, then saved gameoptions are causing it.

Basically, Civ saves gameoptions by order, not by type, so any mods that change gameoptions conflict in weird ways. Just start a Play Now! game to clear any saved options. You can quit as soon as the map loads, and go back to advanced settings.

If you have religions blocked and are not agnostic, then saved gameoptions are causing it.

Basically, Civ saves gameoptions by order, not by type, so any mods that change gameoptions conflict in weird ways. Just start a Play Now! game to clear any saved options. You can quit as soon as the map loads, and go back to advanced settings.

Hmm... ok, thanks for the reply. I didn't turn any religions off for RiFE, and my leader wasn't agnostic, but I was playing Caveman 2 Cosmos before that so maybe some game settings were saved. Didn't realize Play Now flushed it out.

Thats not the problem there. Ashen Veil is researchable(blue) in his screenshot, and if they were blocked by a game option, wouldn't that block them all?

Have you checked the tech requisites, if you click on the tech it should show you what you need to get it.

Thats not the problem there. Ashen Veil is researchable(blue) in his screenshot, and if they were blocked by a game option, wouldn't that block them all?

Have you checked the tech requisites, if you click on the tech it should show you what you need to get it.

There is a separate gameoption for each religion, so being able to research one and not others does NOT, in any way, rule out saved options.

Seeing as no others report the issue (at least, not one that is not solved by following the exact steps I posted), I am 100% sure that it is indeed a result of saved options. ;)

In WB you can't edit promotions anymore?

This should be fixed in newer revisions.
At least it was fixed in revision 225. If it is broken again, I blame Valkrionn.

I tried editing to 228. It still gives an xml error when loading the game saying that the units and mines start with an unusable character.
source <<<<<<<<<mine

I've noticed this before and apparently it's still in the last posted version. When you capture a worker, the game seems to get confused between him and all my existing workers. What happened before to me was my elven workers all of a sudden forgot that they didn't have to chop forests when they improve. And, just now, my lizard shapers now have different worker art (they might also start getting rid of jungles but I haven't determined that yet, can let you know).

What do you mean a fresh install. The whole modmod or just the update?

At the least, delete the files that are causing you issues and then download them fresh. I would recommend deleting the whole XML folder, as that takes just a few seconds to download.

I've noticed this before and apparently it's still in the last posted version. When you capture a worker, the game seems to get confused between him and all my existing workers. What happened before to me was my elven workers all of a sudden forgot that they didn't have to chop forests when they improve. And, just now, my lizard shapers now have different worker art (they might also start getting rid of jungles but I haven't determined that yet, can let you know).

That... Is an interesting one. I'll try and check it out.

Top Bottom