Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

I just downloaded and installed rife 1.3. When I click "Laucnh Rife" on the launcher, nothing happens. The launcher closes down but no rife is launched.

For some people it can take several moments before civ launches (this was true for the default shortcut as well; Most likely the sheer amount of art assets used in RifE). To see if it's launching or not, open task manager, select the processes tab, and search for Civilization 4 in the list. Should be there.

Whenever I try to run the mod it does that slow loading thing that I read about in the earlier posts. However instead of eventually starting it instead eventually crashes civ 4. It does this with both the launcher and from the in game launch. Any suggestions on what the problem is?

I just downloaded and installed rife 1.3. When I click "Laucnh Rife" on the launcher, nothing happens. The launcher closes down but no rife is launched.

It works now. Before, I installed it to the \mods folder (thinking the zip would provide a folder), and not to the \mods\Rise from Erebus folder. I deleted the files and made a new install.

Whenever I try to run the mod it does that slow loading thing that I read about in the earlier posts. However instead of eventually starting it instead eventually crashes civ 4. It does this with both the launcher and from the in game launch. Any suggestions on what the problem is?

I assume you do have the latest BtS patch installed (3.19)?

I noticed you took away hero requirement for twincast promotion. What was the reason for that? Also, another change that i noticed is that settled GP's generate GGP's a change that I like a lot, but what was the reason for it? Played a game of grigori. A civ that spread ice/tundra spawned next to me some time into the game, making my lands crappy. I have to take him out but im far from having the military capacity to do so.

just a few grigori thing i dont know where mentioned

can abuse the sidequest from my forts with my adventures units till 200 xp considering Cas is adaptive and can pick charismatic, i can get my guys well levelled upped before sending them out in the world.

in my last game after refugees started spawning i sent the first two named refugees to build their buildings in my other cities after that I just got normal refuge units with no names and no hero promotion.
refugees with elven or dwarfish promotions still look human as well even after upgrading to a different unit.

on a side note i took a barb city far from my main cities so i built the mercurian gate there, once Basium and his boys came into the game i could fleece them for any and all resources they had, granted their on my "team" and we're linked in research and all, but really shouldn't there be a point where they just say "hell no go get your own" especially considering our mouse over relations were at -9 total at the time.

oh and pretty sure i put the "broader alignments" option s on in a custom game and granted grigs can't take a religion but i'm 450+ turns in and i'm neutral 0 0 still, despite ahving built numerous building affecting my alignment

oh and pretty sure i put the "broader alignments" option s on in a custom game and granted grigs can't take a religion but i'm 450+ turns in and i'm neutral 0 0 still, despite ahving built numerous building affecting my alignment
Cassiel is "true neutral" which means his alignment is never changed from 0 0.

just a few grigori thing i dont know where mentioned

can abuse the sidequest from my forts with my adventures units till 200 xp considering Cas is adaptive and can pick charismatic, i can get my guys well levelled upped before sending them out in the world.

in my last game after refugees started spawning i sent the first two named refugees to build their buildings in my other cities after that I just got normal refuge units with no names and no hero promotion.
refugees with elven or dwarfish promotions still look human as well even after upgrading to a different unit.

on a side note i took a barb city far from my main cities so i built the mercurian gate there, once Basium and his boys came into the game i could fleece them for any and all resources they had, granted their on my "team" and we're linked in research and all, but really shouldn't there be a point where they just say "hell no go get your own" especially considering our mouse over relations were at -9 total at the time.

Sidequest is being removed.

There is a relatively small (~10%) chance for Refugees to have names/hero. You got lucky to get your first two that way.

Refugees likely won't have their art changed based on race, as that would require a hell of a lot of custom artstyles that I just don't feel like setting up. :lol:

Cassiel's alignment cannot be changed.

suppose i should have just read a few those but it was 5:30 am and i was tired I did come across something strange though, having to do with forts and culture control, in the attached save file the coastal citadel south of cahir abbey just started losing all claims to the corner squares surrounding it, while I still more than 50% control normally and 100% from the 300 turns old citadel. might have something to do with getting that last promotion as my commander maxed out and i had the "trade promo for level" as the only choice, or not I could have just noticed since then.

also was the mithril golem changed I thought it was attached to the armageddon count, cause as you can see my count is a grand total of 1 and it was built quite quickly after mithril was discovered by the elohim. the civilopedia doesn't list a armageddon count in it anymore so that might actually be intended.

I was gonna wait to mention this but since im here. Im also able to build "wake from slumber" in one of my cities, while technically i killed the dovello (they just are survived by a single commander with a fort) i cannot get whitehand as im grigori. so either im gonna build it nothing will happen or ill build it then he'll leave right away. either way ill find out in a few turns

Attachments

• Ithorane Turn_0492.CivBeyondSwordSave
    773.4 KB · Views: 44
just 2 edits, forget what i said about commander promotions i have so many forts i forgot which ones were which he didnt get the promo for level option till the turn after the listed save game.

and yes i was able to build drifta then drifta promptly abandoned me right away. so either the grigori shouldnt have the option to build it or remove the religion requirement from the unit.

yeah i figured i was gonna ahve my fort overwritten eventually just the speed at which it happened was wonky, i had control of it for 300+ years and then they just plop a new city down not even directly taking from it and they overtake it in 10 turns.

then the balseraphs attacked the basium or something i have no idea when i had the scoreboard off till i saw a mage on my iron turned it on and i was at war no formal declaration.

anyways i had built corel specifically in that spot to culture overtake that nearby mithril they had so when they attacked i decided to just take out there nearby city, they had a fort built outside the city and it had no commander so my elite army claimed it and poof i had all the territory north of the fort including that mithril. i suppose it could be that culture via conquest feature cause they sent like a dozen of those annoying little puppets to be sacrificed to my marksman, but that was after i claimed the fort. it almost seems when it comes to forts and control its whomever laid a claim last gets it, culture seems irrelevant.

also included is the current savegame where my archmage casting dispel auto crashes the game, i have a real crappy machine so it could be just that, but ive done it 3 times in a row now. first time it had just autosaved so i loaded that tan quicksaved dispelled again and crashed, loaded the quicksave this time saved regular dispelled and crashed.

also is there a specific civ you want/need checked for anything specific cause i find the hardest thing now when starting a new game is picking a civ.

Attachments

• Ithorane Turn_0509.CivBeyondSwordSave
    833.1 KB · Views: 60
Has to do with the option "automated workers will not build forts".

Well they still do.. not sure why either.

well for fort culture :
I noticed that fort culture expends... until any city-culture arrives on it (at least culture from the fat cross of the city; for 3rd ring, it depends on cultural amount I think). Then the tile is owned by the city.
Only tile that can't be stolen by city-culture is the fort itself.
That's why I would have settled the fort ON the mithril, allowing eternal ownership of it (+ mining it as a fort allows access to the ressource IIRC, but not the yield bonus of the mine).

Top Bottom