Rise of Europe: Medieval Italy (Nov 8, 2008)

Oh my! :eek:

Ostrogoths and Sicilian Normans!!! :goodjob:

Another pack well done, Sandris. Thank you very much. Downloading now.

Oh, nifty bonus feature. I'll use the Sandrisian scale. :D

I was just saying it was weird Sandris hasn`t posted anything yesterday :D

Thank you, these units are wonderfull. Genoese crossbowmen are my favorite M2TW unit, now they are gonna PWN other units in civ too!

EDIT_ OMG, you released them in 2 different scales? What does this mean? Will you continue to do so with your new packs? Will you re-make the old ones? Will Superman ever go to the dentist? Find out next week..

EDIT_2 - Question for you smart people - can that Ostrogoth horseman be used as a Mongol?

One more time, thank you very much, Sandris. :thanx: And in two different scales (biggerpaperdoll and Sandrisian scale :)). As the Ostrogoth swordsman is in CCM, I will see what scale is the better as I only have to switch the unit-folders. :)

EDIT_ OMG, you released them in 2 different scales? What does this mean? Will you continue to do so with your new packs? Will you re-make the old ones?

Personally, I need Paperdoll-scaled (not Sandrisian one) units for my personal mods. Also, there are lots of CivIII fans, which prefer Sandrisian scale units. So, I thought it would be better to make both Paperdoll and Sandrisian scaled infantry units. Also, in time I`ll re-scale my old infantry units too.
BTW, re-scaled Romans are ready to be posted today or tomorrow.

EDIT_2 - Question for you smart people - can that Ostrogoth horseman be used as a Mongol?

Actually, I`ve tried to make that Ostrogoth unit

but it really looks like Nomadic horseman due to his armor and dark hair in my version. :)

Wow, just wow. :amazed smilie:

Did the Siculo-Norman spearman really have mail on just the one leg? :lol: Almost like a gladiator or something.

Ok in that pic it looks like it might be just a cloth covering the armor on the other leg (the unit looks like the same could be true).

Landsknechts wielding zweihanders also sometimes wore armour just on their left or just on their right limbs. I imagine it gives them greater manouverability, if they are skilled in fighting like that.

But its probably just cloth over mail in this case. Or maybe the artist didn`t really know what he was doing :mischief:

Thank you for re-scaling Sandris, I prefer the paperdoll scale too :) And yeah, you did a great job creating a unit based on that picture :D

Unbelievable. I am simply stunned that you made them in 2 different scales. Although the difference is not that great it shows your dedication to unit making and I salute you. That Italian horse crossbowman is especially nice.

Too early for the Mongols. But useful as a subject Ostrogoth or Gepid cavalryman for the Huns.

He can also be used as a Gasindius (“companion” or “follower”) Cavalryman for the Lombards.

but it really looks like Nomadic horseman due to his armor and dark hair in my version. :)

Which is just perfect, bro. The Lombards and Ostrogoths used some of the best equestrian equipment in the world at that time, imported from the nomadic peoples of the east. :D

Awesome unit!

Awesome job, as always.:)

Top Bottom