• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

I have BtS v3.19 via direct2drive.com and when I go to load the mod it acts like it is going to load, closed the BtS window and then never does anything. The Civ4BeyondSword.exe *32 process still runs, the mod just never loads. Running Windows 7 x64. Any suggestions?

3) the units represent usually troop amounts of 10 000 men (or in this case dogs), which was the reason why there's more dogs than one.

I understand that, but in a mod this HUGE, plus all the stuff that tons of people are adding to it, it just makes it more sensible to have less than 3 units per, IMO that way less time for the slower puters to screw up something, thats all.:rolleyes: Plus the slowness of in-between turns would be less, which makes everyone happier.

Again just my HO :p (Humble Opinion).

I'm having weird bug with RoM. All the dialog options are missing when interacting with other civs. Only way to exit the dialog screen is to press ESC. Also I'm unable to enter the trade table by Ctrl-clicking on civ names in the main screen. I can provide screenshots or logfiles if necessary.

The version is 2.91 and I extracted it over 2.81 - maybe I should've removed 2.81 beforehand? Also my PC is a lofi MacBook w/ GMA950 graphics and I'm experiencing some gfx glitches as well.

Sorry if this was already covered in some post but quick search didn't reveal anything similar!

The version is 2.91 and I extracted it over 2.81 - maybe I should've removed 2.81 beforehand? Also my PC is a lofi MacBook w/ GMA950 graphics and I'm experiencing some gfx glitches as well.

Sorry if this was already covered in some post but quick search didn't reveal anything similar!
Yes, you should have had renamed 2.81 folder before installing 2.91. Due to mod changes it can not be installed over the old version - issues like you've had will occur that way. So delete the mod folder and install v2.91 again.

Hi all,

I have BTS 3.19 and have gotten the following error:

Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings. File:\mail\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321

I also frequently get similar allocation errors that crash me out of my game!

Any advice?

StrategyOnly, the two different sentry buttons are for two different reasons. I would like to remove the original one if there is to be any removing. Reason: the new ones allow your units ONLY to wake up if appropriate enemy units are nearby, not all enemy units. For example, land unit sentrying will only wake with enemy land unit nearby with the new button while the old button you have land unit waking up when navy unit is nearby!

StrategyOnly, the two different sentry buttons are for two different reasons. I would like to remove the original one if there is to be any removing. Reason: the new ones allow your units ONLY to wake up if appropriate enemy units are nearby, not all enemy units. For example, land unit sentrying will only wake with enemy land unit nearby with the new button while the old button you have land unit waking up when navy unit is nearby!

My point exactly, i am never concerned about naval units anymore since they got rid of land units being able to bombard naval ships like they did in CIII.:(

A couple of observations from my latest games:

The holy roman Landsknecht is a pathetic unit. At strengt 5, it`s bonus against melee still wont help him against macemen, and due to the reduced strength, it doesn`t even work against cav as it is aupposed to.

I got the quest to assemble 11 light swordsmen. But since I was playing greece, I can only build hypaspists. It would be nice if those kind of quests could me changed to consider special units too.

I have posted it a couple of times allready, so please bear with me if I bring it up once more. My greatest concern is still the scaling of quest rewards and events with game speed.

I tweak my Revolution.ini file a lot, so I noticed the change to it with 2.9. Strangely though, whenever it is now generated, it has what appear to be error lines instead of description/comment lines in it about a fourth of the way down or so. For example: "# XML key TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_REVOLUTION__HUMANINDEXOFFSET_HOVER not found."

Not sure if this is a bug, but it has me a little concerned since I like to play with my Revolutions settings quite a bit and make my settings in this file much more severe than the default. :crazyeye: I had been playing a game where I saw no evidence whatsoever of TechDiffusion (its settings are included in that .ini) in the late classical age of the game, but of course it could have just been an unusual situation and completely normal behavior.

Here's the file (zipped):

Attachments

• Revolution.7z
    3 KB · Views: 43
I tweak my Revolution.ini file a lot, so I noticed the change to it with 2.9. Strangely though, whenever it is now generated, it has what appear to be error lines instead of description/comment lines in it about a fourth of the way down or so. For example: "# XML key TXT_KEY_BUG_OPT_REVOLUTION__HUMANINDEXOFFSET_HOVER not found."

Not sure if this is a bug, but it has me a little concerned since I like to play with my Revolutions settings quite a bit and make my settings in this file much more severe than the default. :crazyeye: I had been playing a game where I saw no evidence whatsoever of TechDiffusion (its settings are included in that .ini) in the late classical age of the game, but of course it could have just been an unusual situation and completely normal behavior.

Here's the file (zipped):

Dunno if it will solve it or not:
Delete Revolution.ini from UserSettings, then go to Assets/Config. Open Revolution.xml with notepad or notepad++ (better but not a must). Tweak away.

Tips:
  • True=The setting is turned on. Be sure to read very carefully what is being turned on/off. Fictitious example, if it says NoTypeInTheForum then true means you turns on not being able to type in the forums but false means that you can. Basically be careful that you read the item.
  • Int means you have multiple choices. 0 in that context means the first choice of the list. Fictitious example, the list is Bob, Rick, Afforess, Puck and Andy. You want Afforess, you type in 2, not 3.
  • Another type of multiple choice that allows for -1 is actual number choosing. You just choose any other number other than -1 if it strikes your fancy. Actual example, MaxCivs for either barbariancivs or revolution, you pick other number than -1 to set max number of civs allowable on the map.

I mentioned this bug to RevDCM team long time ago but it was low priority and will be fixed to RevDCM in some future release... Revolution python was changed to use BUG mod's features which automatically generates ini files but those entries weren't added to text xml files. Those missing text entries do not affect gameplay in any way.

ps. I spent the day at work in barn fixing cows' milking robot (fully automated barn)... fun hitech stuff but still you can't avoid the smell... :lol:

pss. Whoa, some scientists have created artificial life! Now that tech is in wrong place in RoM's tech tree... :lol:

Good old BBC, ruining modders' efforts for 80 years :D

Yes, you should have had renamed 2.81 folder before installing 2.91. Due to mod changes it can not be installed over the old version - issues like you've had will occur that way. So delete the mod folder and install v2.91 again.
That did the trick - ty!

Hey Zappara any luck reviewing any of the crashed games this weekend? Sounds like you were busy.

I'm kind of dead in the water on my last save so like Obi Wan, you're my only hope here!

I uploaded my last save again. I know this isn't something you get paid for so many thanks for any help you can provide.

Attachments

• Wil AD-0642a.rar
    2 MB · Views: 42
Hmm, it should work. If you could post logs from your game, I might see from them what went wrong (python logs especially). See 1st post in this thread for logging instructions.

Thanks, but I already got it to work by reinstalling the whole game

Dunno if it will solve it or not:
Delete Revolution.ini from UserSettings, then go to Assets/Config. Open Revolution.xml with notepad or notepad++ (better but not a must). Tweak away.

Tips:
  • True=The setting is turned on. Be sure to read very carefully what is being turned on/off. Fictitious example, if it says NoTypeInTheForum then true means you turns on not being able to type in the forums but false means that you can. Basically be careful that you read the item.
  • Int means you have multiple choices. 0 in that context means the first choice of the list. Fictitious example, the list is Bob, Rick, Afforess, Puck and Andy. You want Afforess, you type in 2, not 3.
  • Another type of multiple choice that allows for -1 is actual number choosing. You just choose any other number other than -1 if it strikes your fancy. Actual example, MaxCivs for either barbariancivs or revolution, you pick other number than -1 to set max number of civs allowable on the map.
Thanks.

First off, I know almost nothing about XML. Looking at Revolution.xml though, I got the impression that mostly what it did what point to the Revolution.ini file and have that config fill in the settings (from seeing <options id="Revolution" file="Revolution.ini">).

If the .xml can hold the settings, then what I don't understand is where to actually enter the value. :lol:

So this line:
<option id="BarbTechFrac" key="BarbTechFrac" type="float" default="0.65" />
means (as far as I know):
  • The option ID is the name
  • The key I have no idea about
  • The type is the type of variable
  • Then the default value
Is that right? Where do I put the value itself? :confused:

I mentioned this bug to RevDCM team long time ago but it was low priority and will be fixed to RevDCM in some future release... Revolution python was changed to use BUG mod's features which automatically generates ini files but those entries weren't added to text xml files. Those missing text entries do not affect gameplay in any way.

Ah... apparently I wasn't up to date on my latest version of RevDCM. So that's where the config changes came from. For some reason I can't get the new version of RevDCM to generate Revolution.ini for me. I'll have to go bug the RevDCM team about that then. :trouble: And about middle click not exiting the city screen like it used to. :mischief: And I thought it was just a problem in AND!

Thanks.

First off, I know almost nothing about XML. Looking at Revolution.xml though, I got the impression that mostly what it did what point to the Revolution.ini file and have that config fill in the settings (from seeing <options id="Revolution" file="Revolution.ini">).

If the .xml can hold the settings, then what I don't understand is where to actually enter the value. :lol:

So this line:
<option id="BarbTechFrac" key="BarbTechFrac" type="float" default="0.65" />
means (as far as I know):
  • The option ID is the name
  • The key I have no idea about
  • The type is the type of variable
  • Then the default value
Is that right? Where do I put the value itself? :confused:

• Id=Name, yes.
  • Key=not important to you, so ignore it, it is just coding thing.
  • Type=type of variable, yes.
    • Float=enter any number for specific purpose.
    • Boolean=Choice of turned on or off with True=on and False=off
    • Int=list of items with 0 meaning the first choice
  • Default=your chosen number/value (here it is the number).

Reason it say default is because Config xml files actually establish defaults for ini files. So whatever you change in Config folder will be default and you will see that if you already deleted usersettings ini files for those corresponding files in Config first. You need to delete usersetting file because it loads in the game. So with usersetting file out of the way, you have fresh ini to be created from Config file.

Hey Zappara any luck reviewing any of the crashed games this weekend? Sounds like you were busy.

I'm kind of dead in the water on my last save so like Obi Wan, you're my only hope here!

I uploaded my last save again. I know this isn't something you get paid for so many thanks for any help you can provide.
I did test your save yesterday and it did crash on my computer too. Couldn't find what was causing it - I went through the log files couple times. Tried loading it too on the next RoM version but unfortunately it's no longer saved game compatible so that didn't help either.

Ah... apparently I wasn't up to date on my latest version of RevDCM. So that's where the config changes came from. For some reason I can't get the new version of RevDCM to generate Revolution.ini for me. I'll have to go bug the RevDCM team about that then. :trouble: And about middle click not exiting the city screen like it used to. :mischief: And I thought it was just a problem in AND!
If any specific ini file doesn't exist it will be created when player first time enters BUG options pages in-game. Inis are saved every time you exit BUG options. If inis do not exist, the default settings are loaded from xml files in the config folder.

• Id=Name, yes.
  • Key=not important to you, so ignore it, it is just coding thing.
  • Type=type of variable, yes.
    • Float=enter any number for specific purpose.
    • Boolean=Choice of turned on or off with True=on and False=off
    • Int=list of items with 0 meaning the first choice
  • Default=your chosen number/value (here it is the number).

Reason it say default is because Config xml files actually establish defaults for ini files. So whatever you change in Config folder will be default and you will see that if you already deleted usersettings ini files for those corresponding files in Config first. You need to delete usersetting file because it loads in the game. So with usersetting file out of the way, you have fresh ini to be created from Config file.

If any specific ini file doesn't exist it will be created when player first time enters BUG options pages in-game. Inis are saved every time you exit BUG options. If inis do not exist, the default settings are loaded from xml files in the config folder.

Ok, got it, thanks. That makes perfect sense and (hopefully) clears up my misunderstanding of how .ini's and .xml's work together. I should be able to configure everything properly now.

Edit: I still couldn't get RevDCM to make Revolution.ini after exiting from BUG options, but maybe that's intended now. I can edit the Revolution.xml anyway.

Zappara, is there anything I can do to modify the outcome of the CTD like destroying cities or units that might be causing the conflict? I tried going back 6 turns and just ending each turn without making any moves to see if it would cause a different outcome but it still crashed on year 642.

Are you finding the CTD issues like this are caused by some bizarre series of events that can't be prevented? You would think that if you went back far enough in the game you would be able to prevent the same CTD on the same year. Have you found this to be true?

Top Bottom