• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

I recently downloaded ver 2.91 and installed everything properly that I am aware of (deleted the earlier ver of RoM2, etc). My problem is that I am unable to start up the 32 civ Carter earth scenario (fixed civ locations) - it gets to about halfway initialized at the loading screen, then displays a runtime error.

It reads; "Runtime error!
Program:...er's Civiliztion 4/Beyond The Sword/Civ4BeyondSword.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."

Don't know if this is important, but it reads in the header of this message "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"

any ideas?

Zappara, is there anything I can do to modify the outcome of the CTD like destroying cities or units that might be causing the conflict? I tried going back 6 turns and just ending each turn without making any moves to see if it would cause a different outcome but it still crashed on year 642.

Are you finding the CTD issues like this are caused by some bizarre series of events that can't be prevented? You would think that if you went back far enough in the game you would be able to prevent the same CTD on the same year. Have you found this to be true?
You could try deleting some civs from the save and then see if works further. The ctd could be caused by one of the meso american civs (if there's any in your save) since one ctd problem was identified from graphics that causes ctd in some cases. CTDs generally are very hard to track down and it can take long time to identify the possible causes - some game features like random events do not write anything to logs if they happen to cause a crash so finding ctd problems from them is quite difficult.

Going back far enough in the game and playing it differently might help too but if there's a problem that causes ctd it might still occur.

I'll try to do my best on hunting down those evasive ctd bugs - it just takes a lot of coffee, patience and good aiming skills to get them killed. Best way to catch them is to find a method that produces the ctd 100% of time and then edit the game and remove things from it until the ctd no longer occurs... this just takes lots of time...

I'm happy to go through the process a bit and let you know what I find. What's the best tool to use for editing the savegame file? I opened it in notepad and it wasn't terribly helpful.

Just set the Field of View to 42 and tell the BUG panel to remember your settings.

I have still the problem that the other leaders don't talk to me. The text is missing and I can only get out of it using the "ESC"-button. But it's unplayable without talking to the other leaders.

Version 2.90 works fine, but 2.90 with A New Dawn and 2.91 causes the bug.

Any idea ? Anybody with the same problem ?

I still have the problem - is there no solution ? Re-installing the mod didn't change anything.

First, remove all RoM folders from BtS/Mods/, download RoM 2.91 as one file and then install RoM 2.91, AND 17.3 and patch H in that order. That should work.

Make sure that Civ IV is not installed in Program Files!

Just set the Field of View to 42 and tell the BUG panel to remember your settings.

I knew that, but it would be alot simpler if the default was set to 42, like it was before.;)

Then make it as a polite request, thx.

HUH, thats what i thought i did, thats why i had THX at the end:confused: Actually no different than what you just said. Some people just read into things to much, i guess. Its getting to political correct. Down with those heathen's:lol:

HOLY **** I GO AND LEAVE FOR A LITTLE WHILE AND WE ARE UP TO 2.91! wow...

Hi all,

I have BTS 3.19 and have gotten the following error:

Failed to allocate video memory. Please try reducing your graphics settings. File:\mail\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebryo2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line:321

I also frequently get similar allocation errors that crash me out of my game!

Any advice?

Anyone able to help with this at all? Also, whenever I build any wonders now, especially the newly added ones, my game just crashes out and stops working. I have to save 1 turn before they're built and then re-load after a crash every single time so that I can proceed! :mad: Help!

Just noticed that if you look at the world from a view and you look at the religion part, but if you have alot of religions like i do, the top portion is not gone after going back to normal view (you will see the top two there remain?)

This is just a thought about a civic but...

Though I notice Proletarian and Bourgeois have a construction bonus, Caste doesn't.

Historically, "unsightly work" like butcher and tanner were jobs of lower castes, especially in Korea and Japan. So maybe a 25%~50% build bonus should be given for Butcher, Tannery. Any further thoughts might be interesting.

Anyone have any good suggestions for save game editor that will handle ROM latest version?

I have a busted savegame for ROM that I need to edit in hopes to recover the savegame from doing a CTD. I need to try removing elements to figure out what is causing the CTD.

I have a busted savegame for ROM that I need to edit in hopes to recover the savegame from doing a CTD. I need to try removing elements to figure out what is causing the CTD.

OK, here is what Kael told me to do, is kind of a long process, depending on how many civs you have.

Take one complete civ out at a time and see if that is the problem, if not try another civ etc. Keep taking out civs till you find out which civ is causing the problem then at least you have a starting point where to look. Its like Zapprra said, thats why is takes so long sometimes to do stuff like this.

Top Bottom