Road to War - Historical

why can't you download it from www.7-zip.org as you are on the internet now ?!?!?!

Because I would a) have to re-zip and b) re-upload it c) it would be significantly larger.

SP1 already nearly 1 GB without compression.

7-zip is a common format used on this forum.

Alright you have your point. Download was easier than I thought. Looks cool can't wait to try it out.

Is the service pack available or do I just download 1.04 and then 1.04a, or is there anything else I should get?

You need to download 1.04 and if you want an updated scenario get 1.04a as well.

SP1 is still under development. I hope to release an alpha next month or so.

You may place any comments in this thread, and I can possibly incorporate the suggestion in SP1

I tried it, but the turns take a long time. Is there any way to decrease this or is that just what happens with so many cities.

Initially the turns take a long time as the AI re-arranges it's forces. It will get better later in the game.

What are your specs ? Win7x64 and 6GB is recommended.

IDK, and I've always wondered why the AI always do that stupid moving around thing in this mod and Dale's mod. It really slows down the game.

There are over 5,000 units in the new SP1 ... so it's time to get used to it.

The AI does a random calculation as well as arrange his forces. In addition, if he places too many in his cities, his cities get unhappy and he has to move them again. Large numbers of forces in cities make cities unhappy. My way of getting rid of "Stacks of Doom"

hey kiwitt. I was wondering if you plan on making a 1936 Pacific - historical for civ 4. I also have a few questions about the AI. For some reason, If I'm playing as the Americans, my allies will never do an amphibious landing. Maybe its because they dont think they're strong enough to do an amphibious landing, so I tried being the British. The Americans never result to Marine warfare, and neither do the Japanese. So in result, the weak countries like the Philipines, Dutch East Indies, and the French Pacific Islands end up without a threat. Is there some way to get the AI to do amphibious landings? If I need to, I could build cities similar to what you did in Europe, such as a German city in Norway, but I'd rather not. So is there an easy way? Or would it require some kind of modding?

3,000 downloads ... thanks for your that. It brought a tear to my eye. :blush:

I'm getting pretty anxious for the new release of this fantastic mod, however I was wondering when the mod might be released this month? Keep up the excellent work Kiwitt.

"Road to War - 1.04 SP1 Alpha Version" has now been completed.

PM me if you would like to test it.

Sorry, I'm not knowledgable enough with this site, thus I don't know how to Private message other members. However, is a 512 mb graphics card with 4 gbs of ram and a 3core 3.1 processor fit your needs for testing? That's basically the computer I have. Oh, and I won't be able to upgrade to six or eight gigabytes of ram anywhere within the near future.

The message above was for all readers ... not just you. (You'll note we posted at exactly the same time.)

You need a really decent computer. Core i5/i7 with 6 GB of RAM and Windows x64. Your Graphics card is fine. My mod really pushes the limits.

A small patch for those who are testing the SP1 alpha.

Replace CIV4UnitInfos.xml with the one in the attachment.

Top Bottom