Roller Coasters

Do You Like Rollercoasters?

• Total voters
I adore Cedar Point. I went last September where the longest lines were 10 minutes, and some of the less popular coasters, there were no lines at all, and sometimes few riders allowing for a great seat selection.

My favourite types of coasters are inverted ones where you're suspended below the track. The Raptor is a great example of this. I'm also a huge fan of traditional coasters that slowly pull you up the hill, where the anticipation is as fun as the ride. Millennium Force is a great example, though it had a god awful music loop while you're waiting in queue. It's also constantly rated one of the best coasters in the world. Almost makes me want to drive to Sandusky next week!

Also, post your favorite roller coasters.

Kingda Ka is quite awesome...

I loathe this type of coaster. It's done quicker than a virgin.

My fear of heights prevents my enjoyment of roller coasters :(

When I was your age I used to have a fear of heights, now that I am older it has gone and they are so much fun. A few years ago I went to the Gold Coast and they have a few theme parks and most of their roller coasters. Here is one that I enjoyed.

Link to video.
The basic premise is that you are in a place where there has been lots of destruction and you have to get out of their quick and you get out of there superman fast.

Last one I was on is a recent favorite: Six Flags over New England, The Dark Knight. I prefer this one over Bizarro--even though you have the crazy drop at the beginning, The Dark Knight takes you inverted several times and it is slower, so you get to enjoy it a little more. That's not to say Bizarro isn't just sheer terror. That first drop is nearly vertical and it is LONG.

I generally like coasters, but only steel ones. The wooden ones are just too loud and jostle you around too much. Give me a smooth ride any day.

I'm terrified of them, which is why I go on them. They're awesome! I like all of them. They're too short though! Always over before you know it!

They are okay, but the long waiting qeues often turn me away, unless its something really special.

I've had severe motion sickness ever since the janitor made the merry-go-round go too fast in kindergarten and I wound up hallucinating and throwing up on the grass....so I avoid roller-coasters.

I adore Cedar Point. I went last September where the longest lines were 10 minutes, and some of the less popular coasters, there were no lines at all, and sometimes few riders allowing for a great seat selection.

My favourite types of coasters are inverted ones where you're suspended below the track. The Raptor is a great example of this. I'm also a huge fan of traditional coasters that slowly pull you up the hill, where the anticipation is as fun as the ride. Millennium Force is a great example, though it had a god awful music loop while you're waiting in queue. It's also constantly rated one of the best coasters in the world. Almost makes me want to drive to Sandusky next week!

A thousand times this. As a native and proud Ohioan, I must always sing the praises of God's amusement park, Cedar Point. This is why I love Roller Coasters. ALL PRAISE BE TO THE RAPTOR

I love roller coasters all day long but I haven't been on one in a long time.

I once spent an hour and a half in line with my brother for the stand-up roller coaster at Six Flags in Virginia. I think it was shortly after it was built so there were huge lines. We had hesitated to get in line all day long, but saw our time was running out so we finally did so. We were the next group to get to board when they shut the ride down due to the extremely small chance of lightning. 30 minutes later the park shut down...

My favorite roller coaster is the old wooden one at Six Flags Georgia: the Great American Scream Machine. When it opened it was the tallest wooden roller coaster in the world. They have now upgraded the seats and probably installed better safety devices to hold you in, but when I rode it there was only a bar across the middle to hold you in to a wooden bench. But even so, you can still ride it with your hands in the air as you always should for maximum enjoyment. There is enough give in the structure and enough negative Gs that you feel like the car is going to leave the track at any minute.

Link to video.

My second favorite is another wooden roller coaster at Coney Island: the Cyclone. It opened in 1927 and was completely renovated in 1975. It isn't very big because space was such a premium back then. But it also has enough negative Gs and tilting track to make it quite exciting.

Link to video.

An extremely unusual roller coaster, but rather dated these days, is Space Mountain in Disney World. It is entirely indoors, and it seems like you will lose your limbs if you keep your arms extended which they even warn you not to do. I tried riding it that way a number of times, but there is one point on one of the rides where I just couldn't do it. The metal girder looks like it will surely rip your left arm off.

Link to video.

You now love mushrooms, warpus?

I like the ones who go on at Alton Towers, the fast, big, scary ones :p.

I rode the Steel Phantom when it was new. At the time it had the world's largest vertical drop. Over 200 feet, and if I remember right that part of it hangs over the Monongahela River.

Top Bottom