RR16A -It's tax day again ...

Well, the 16 turns make the difference in that ... 16 turns ago in our game Asoka was still teching lib, from where he got Astro. Even in our game 16 turn earlier would mean that Asoka would not settle more land ...

I think we had a little bit better control over AI's sooner then you.

The only AI untouched for very long time was Churchill. Other AI's met our troops much sooner, especially Asoka.

16 turns is not bad of difference. Depending on era it could mean couple of centuries or couple of years :-D

As for RR17... I will most probably lurk depending on variant.

Congrats team B! Although by your trash talk I expected you to have finished by 250 BC ;). In the end just another game that showed how powerful early rushing can be in Civ IV. Would love a real shot at the variant though still... :D

Yeh, 16 turns is less than 10% late.
not that mutch :)

for the record, i tried a shadow game ( approximately at the time were we figured out the landmass was suficient for dom victory) using a simple strat: vulture go.
A complete rush style with no tech except the ones we were allowed at start.
I killed the 4 other civs before anyone got writting near +300-400 anyway.
It was quite a blast.

The only problem was my impressive deficit in the end 400/ turns.
As it only affected armies and that these ones were useless, it was ok and i could continue to smap settler (not affected by deficit). However, i messed up quite a lot at this point and only acheve dom in 1320 (after orange team), but i can be improved by quite a margin.
I think this is the fastest way to finish this map if anyone want to try :)

If there is a slot for next RR for me, i'm interested

Good job nocho, and congratulations team B! :cheers: :goodjob:
A fun game despite the delay. Looking forward to RR17, whatever that will be!

Great job Nocho, and congrats Team B. Not surprised that the win was so early though - I mean, it's early rushing, which is just OP.

Congrats on the finish. As to our faster, yes the earlier realization of no-Astronomy Domination helped a lot. Here was my other thought at the time we finished:

Thoughts on cross team comparison:

They are at 700AD. They seem to have gotten a bit faster start at warring - killed Dutch at 2000BC (1600BC Amsterdam for us) and got a complete kill which we didn't. They captured Nidaros later (225BC vs. ~500BC for us) although they also wiped out the Vikings totally before we did. Their finances are much better than our comparable saves (580AD and 820AD) but it's "all dressed up and nowhere to go" - they can only buy Monarchy, Archery, and Poly right now, like us they built Pyraminds so not a lot of value. I didn't take the time to fully scrutinize their logs but it appears lymond's ideas of leaving crippled AI's around and relying on extortion more than buying tech was superior. And their unit count at 700AD looks too small to compete with our finish - they have construction and are building some cats, but they would need 26 in the next few turns to match our 820AD save and have some cities on Markets-due-in-forever...

I will see what the idea is for RR17, although I probably should just lurk that one, will be traveling 3 out of the next 5 weeks.

If the idea is interesting I will sign up for RR17.

Congrats to team A for the win, and actually relatively quickly, I think.

Maybe the next SG should ban early rush, perhaps with a one-continent-per-civ type map?

To be honest, I was thinking on something different, vanatteveldt ;) To make this a nice summer game, I was thinking on making a simple Modern era start with no strings attached ( still deciding if with advanced start or not ... the AI is absolutely dreadful with advanced start :p ). Modern era pretty much excludes early rush due to the hammer cost of the later units ... and I think it would be interesting to make a post-lib game ( that is, start the game when most of the people are already finishing them :D )

So, what do you think ?

Fine with me, I can't remember when I last had a game in the modern era that was anything but a chore. Maybe an industrial start though, to have a bit more tech development available?

I played a lot of Industrial in my Multiplayer clan time. It's a lot of fun. Though workshops combined with Cavalry are just too good...

Sign me up for RR17

didn't play Modern era start, but played couple of Ren era starts and from what I got this late starts can be even worse regarding "rushes"

since settlers cost is increased a lot (the free infrastructure is added in the costs) it's actually cheaper to build units you have techs for and conquer nearby AI's asap.

for Ren era this kind of unit is Knight.

Should be interesting how you avoid "rush" in Modern era since I think the correct strategy will be settle the first cities you get for free and chop out army to conquer couple of neighbors ;-).

Ok, I started RR17. Depending on how much people sign up, I'll make or not another two team game, so please , if you want to play stop by to confirm or inform me of your interest ;)

Top Bottom