RR16A -It's tax day again ...

Spain was strong, but i really would like to see them scored to see them react.

Because their game can be a bit borring when they are winning / not losing (see the match against french)

so GG nocho.
sorry for rolo but you can still overcome your bad night by doing some asoka beatings (Sorry, isablella is not on the map)

sorry guys, but I didn't even watch the second half... the football was soo boring :-(

I know Spain has so much success with it, but it's boring to watch. I probably won't watch finals just due to Spain being there.

Nothing personal with this, just the football is not worth watching.

Best football provided was up to now from Germany (but if Schweinsteiger can't play tough luck) and to me biggest surprise of tournament is Italy...

Italy seems to have good trainer with good tactics (like 3-5-2 against Spain? Who was the last team to play seriously 3-5-2 somewhere??) and they play really good football.
They try to match Spains holding of ball, but they add the willpower to always go into final 16 and finish with shoot.

Well that Balottelli guy...that one is problematic, so much talent, but he wastes it so much.
And Andrea Pirlo is the guy to watch!

For me if Schweinsteiger doesn't play, Italy is clear favorite today.

I'm sorry, c_rolo7. :D
Very funny :/ Well, the game was BORING, easily the worst of both teams in this cup and when you take a game to penalties one team has to lose ...

Not that I'm overall happy with Ronaldo display yesterday ... it was another of those games where he would be replaced in min 60 if he wasn't Ronaldo, the big star :(

Very funny :/ Well, the game was BORING, easily the worst of both teams in this cup and when you take a game to penaries one team has to lose ...

well france-spain was quite a level of boreness.
especially when you are french (like me :( )

You can slot me back into the roster. I finally have Internet now. Could play over the weekend.

It seems that rolo did not took it yet.
I think you could play the next turn.

However, i think we could talk a little bit of strategy first.
Do we go with my proposed plan : send our 1 st army to their capital and use our second army for cleaning?
our power is at least twice asoka ones.

important notice: they don't seem to have knights yet but they are 1-2 turn from liberalism :/

I never rooted for him ( see my previous posts on this ) :p IMHO he is heavily overrated ,especially as a team cap: too much self centered if there is no strong hand ( say Mourinho or Ferguson ) toning his ego down ...

Yup, Immy can play now. I had a period of 2 weeks filled with hard work and I'm completely beat ;)

So am I. Working 12 to 14 hours a day leads to a weekend where you just wanna sleep. Will try to get the set done during the week.

Now we have Wimbledon and the Tour de France with of course the Olympics coming soon. :D

In any case, I have the feeling you already beat us by a landslide... So far I've refrained from the urge to peek at your thread, but I may be inclined to do so soon. :mischief:

Or maybe we played faster as we didn't get distracted by sports conversation. LOL

Ok, it took a sweet time, but we're rolling again ...

There is actually not much to say. I waited for 2 turns for our army to gather ( the English troops were still coming halfway , though ) and :
Spoiler :

I took a policy of taking the walled ( and castled , if that word even exists ) cities first, so I decided to ignore the southern and the northern most cities ( that had no walls ) and push for the center. Anyway, Asoka was kind in preparing a present for us :
Spoiler :

It looks that forgot to take a pic of the first city to fall, so here is the second ;) :
Spoiler :

You can see the first captured city in the south , though.

Anyway, Asoka continued teching. He took astro from lib and then he grabbed ...
Spoiler :

... Guilds. That is actually a bunch of bad news ,since we don't have nothing that can fight knights in open field. But if we take/ pillage their horses ( that are near Delhi, unlike the iron that is in the other side of their country from us ) that is solved ...

So, and after some rumors of war ( some GGs created far away ) and a couple of maces and cats lost, we capture city #3:
Spoiler :

And that is where I deliver the set. Some pics:
Spoiler :

So in pic order:

- I haven't took the barb city yet. As you can see we are bleeding money @ 100% cash and i didn't wanted to put more strain in the finances than the needed . Our FP is being done in Newcastle and it should be ready in 5 turns ,so i think we can capture it in some turns.

- This is what Asoka is asking for peace. Not that i intend to make peace at this point, but it is a useful gauge of how the war is going

- This is the map of the front at this point. We got to the Indian cap this turn and we have still to bomb it ( BTW just bomb a turn or two and don't be shy about sacrificing units. Time is running ... ) I suggest to pick the forces that captured Vijayanagara and move north to assist in its capture and then to move west ( or alternatively do as vranasm suggests below and use the Vijay forces to capture Calcutta )

Anyway, I expect more 3 turnsets to finish this game. So let's finish it fast, pls ? ;)

r_rolo1 -Just played brilliantly
nocho -UP
IdiotsOpposite -On deck
Thar
Immy -Where are you ?
astre

And https://rapidshare.com/files/3961134777/RR16 - It_s tax day again AD-1400.CivBeyondSwordSave >>Save<<

you should be very very close to domination... 3 TS's looks like too pessimistic

collapsing Lahore should make the deal for sure, maybe that barb city will tip the tide...

Top Bottom