[RD] Russia Invades Ukraine: War News Thread: Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess that's what a private company has to do with the war.
It looks like sanctions against air company were applied in order to prevent the plane from leaving Toronto airport.
So, it might be that everything private company had to do with the war is having their plane landed in wrong place at wrong time.

Imo, it is only humane to extend some leniency (and imo also a modicum of politeness when reacting) to people who have in real way suffered as a result of this war. Both ukrainians and russians, obviously.
When you're immersed in it for a year and a half, your senses are dulled. And I've been watching since 2014. And already since 2014, for example, photos with the dead, for example (with horrific details) over time you start to filter. Your emotions. Otherwise it will not be possible to get over it.

When you're immersed in it for a year and a half, your senses are dulled. And I've been watching since 2014. And already since 2014, for example, photos with the dead, for example (with horrific details) over time you start to filter. Your emotions. Otherwise it will not be possible to get over it.
Whether you realize or nor, you are selective entirely about the wrong things.

There are thousands of direct murders of Ukrainian civilians confirmed. There are millions displaced, millions more living in fear with inconsistent access to basic necessities.

Is that all just a joke to you?
When Ukraine kills Ukrainians, Russians are outraged.
When Russia kills Ukrainians, Russians shrug.

Only the Uber Russians have the right to kill Unter Russians.

I have acquaintances who died in this war. who suffered (Ukrainians). I have already written about it.
I joke about your (western, which is a copy of Ukrainian) propaganda.

from mass media:
The Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine reported that many public statements of the former Commissioner for Human Rights in Ukraine Lyudmila Denisova did not correspond to reality and misled the investigation. In particular, a number of Ms. Denisova's reports about rapes of children in Ukraine by the Russian military were not confirmed.

"The law enforcers tried to dig on their own. They pulled up all the appeals to doctors, statements to the police, data on the dead, trying to find the cases Denisova described...looking for two-year-old twins from Kherson, who, according to the ombudsman, died of rape. However, all this work was futile," Ukrainska Pravda reports.

The prosecutor's office explained to the newspaper that, according to the Ukrainian supervisory authority, between April and June, the Ukrainian authorities registered only two confirmed cases of child abuse. Ms. Denisova's publications in social networks indicated a much larger number of child victims.

As Liudmila Denisova later told the prosecutor's office during her second interrogation before her dismissal, most of the rapes allegedly occurring in Ukraine were reported to her by her daughter on the basis of unverified information.

Although the Ukrainian prosecutor's office has recognized a number of former ombudsman's statements about child rapes as fakes, the office confirms the existence of such precedents in the country. According to the prosecutor's office, since late February there have been dozens of cases of rape of citizens of all ages in Ukraine.

Masterful misdirection; one might almost think you work for the FSB. I said nothing about child rapes, I was talking about thousands of murders which have been documented, millions of refugees and millions of people living in fear.

What part of that is propaganda?

Masterful misdirection; one might almost think you work for the FSB. I said nothing about child rapes, I was talking about thousands of murders which have been documented, millions of refugees and millions of people living in fear.

The important part is: was the private property of all that people respected?

Last edited:

Name me other war, witch was without such things?
Of coz, we all, ppl in 21 millennium, didn't though it could be possible in Europe. At least such big war.

Moderator Action: Back to war news please.

Hungary and Russia are going to finalize deal to build 2 additional nuclear reactors by Rosatom, despite Ukrainian protests.

Some additional info about Rosatom. I was unaware that Russia's influence on world's nuclear energy sector is that significant.

I was unaware that Russia's influence on world's nuclear energy sector is that significant.
Chernobyl was a big deal.

Hungary and Russia are going to finalize deal to build 2 additional nuclear reactors by Rosatom, despite Ukrainian protests.

Some additional info about Rosatom. I was unaware that Russia's influence on world's nuclear energy sector is that significant.

Probably due to few other countries offering to build nuclear stations. Though very publicly France did offer to build such here (but was refused, twice).

War is a really terrible thing. If only Putin hadn't started this by seizing Crimea. Think of all the deaths, the injuries, torn-up infrastructure buildings blown up...it's a sad thing that benefits no one.

On the war: a lot of conflicting reports coming out of eastern Ukraine. I still think the Ukrainians are still doing recon and probing attacks against the Russian lines, which are well-fortified and in depth.

Chernobyl was a big deal.
Yeah, major disasters in Ukrainian and Japanese power plants affected the industry too :)
Probably due to few other countries offering to build nuclear stations. Though very publicly France did offer to build such here (but was refused, twice).
In short, Russia offers far better deal than anyone else. The video explains it in details.

War news. No news yet. Everyone is waiting for the Ukrainian Armed Forces to continue their attacks this night

And let's go back again, since I keep getting asked about it. As I said, I have been watching this war since 2014. And also the war in Syria (both with ISIS and civilian), and the war in Libya and Yemen So the emotional part is closed to me. I am trying to talk to you in the language of facts (which side has what), without involving emotions. So it is useless to get me emotionally involved. I'm trying to convey to you the position from Russia's point of view, as it perceives them, basically. Or from my point of view.
Let's go back a bit, so that my assertions aren't made out of nothing.
Rakka, Mosul - I have attached images - doesn't it look like Mariupol, Bakhmut? Whose army helped take these cities?
We see the same thing in Syria (Aleppo).
How many died in the war in Syria, in Iraq, Libya, Yemen? And how many refugees? Are the numbers not much less, and somewhere even more than in Ukraine? Why was there no hysteria in the media about this (especially Yemen), do not people live there? Or maybe they are not white enough? Why count some Arabs? This alone proves how biased the media is. And they certainly should not be 100% trusted. Not even 50%, I would say.
There was a civil war in Syria, for one thing. But then what are Turkish, Iranian troops doing there? Russia (okay, Assad's government called it in), the United States (they're not even neighbors). The UN Security Council did not give the right to send troops into a sovereign country, as I recall. Isn't that a violation of international law? And there are a lot of such cases in the last 50 years. That's why it's too late to blame international law. Especially to countries that violate it themselves.
By the way, here is a good movie about Mosul https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9252468/

Attachments

• photo1686436560.jpeg
    photo1686436560.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 13
  • photo1686436560 (1).jpeg
    photo1686436560 (1).jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 13
This is a link to a 40 minute documentary on the Wagner Group by the WSJ. I cannot tell if it is paywalled since I am a subscriber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom