SANCTAN news

I was actualy trying to figure out how you got that effect, because it looked awesome on the video.

I was actualy trying to figure out how you got that effect, because it looked awesome on the video.

Green screen, wires, motion capture; pretty standard stuff when it comes to the high production values and stunning ninja quickness that is synonymous with a General_W release.

I noticed the epsilon map right away, can't say i saw the other two. Maybe i'll just have to watch it again

I can't believe no one is noticing where I got that Oracle video at the end from!

:old: Did no one else here play Civ2? :old:

:lol: Civ2 had such great wonder movies. Much better (imo) than the ones in Civ4.
I thought people might get a kick out of my resurrecting them here... but maybe most people on CFC didn't get started with Civ till Civ3?
Spoiler :
Don't tell anyone, but I actually got hooked on the original Civ. Wow... I don't feel that old.

Anyway - the fact that I stole that video from Civ2 was my "inside joke" #2.

#3 is much smaller, and closely related to the MTDG maps in the background of the newsroom. Anyone catch that one?

I actually played Civ I on a friends computer and got wacked so quick I had to go out and BUY it...but when I got to the store...Civ II was already out...so that is where I really started...but I haven't actually seen one of those videos in over 10 years....I feel old also!!!:blush:

I got into it with Civ III.... actually, IV was already out when I got III, but I didn't have a puter that could run it.

The Wall has one cool wonder video in IV. Besides that, they are just ok.

There were actually a lot real cool wonder videos in Civ II as the General said. I really loved the Palace views and the Victory movies there also...

I am the only person in the world who actually hated Civ2. Military units having to have a "home city" drove me absolutely crazy. So I gave it away and played a bunch of Call to Power while waiting for CivIII.

Nice video!

Don't tell anyone, but I actually got hooked on the original Civ. Wow... I don't feel that old.

I played the original civ. I was 1 year old when it was released. :)

#3 is much smaller, and closely related to the MTDG maps in the background of the newsroom. Anyone catch that one?
Is it the other map in the news room? I don't recognize it.

I played the original CIV when I was in high school. I checked it out from the library, which for some reason back in 1992 you could do?!?

Back in the days when CD writers weren't available... :(

Myself I only got into civ when a friend showed me civ 3 on the day before I started my GCSEs (real good timing there...) I loved it, though I only learnt about websites such as these 18 months later when I joined poly...

Back in the days when CD writers weren't available... :(

CDs? What are those!?!?! I'm having trouble remembering (I'm 32) but we certainly didn't have CDs. What I can't remember is whether or not we had those new-fangled 3 1/2 floppys or whether it came on 5 1/4s :lol:

Theoden got it!
And AutoTeller also :)

My Avatar is currently the logo from The Council in the C3C MTDG :thumbsup: - and it is indeed lurking behind April O'Neil's head.

Good eyes there!

regoarrarr said:
CDs? What are those!?!?! I'm having trouble remembering (I'm 32) but we certainly didn't have CDs. What I can't remember is whether or not we had those new-fangled 3 1/2 floppys or whether it came on 5 1/4s
:lol: I'm pretty sure my copy came on the highly advanced 3 1/2 Floppy.

I actually got started on civ1, after civ3 had come out already oddly enough.

I was looking through some of my family's old disks and found the 2 floppy disks for the dos version of civ1. After a bit of messing around to get the program to work right with xp I got interested. After playing with that for a couple months I found civ3 and got hooked on that (and then got my dad hooked, heh...)

Ah civ1, those were the days. Obsessed AI with the cheeting triremes, fun times. :lol:

I knew it was a civ 2 wonder movie, just didn't think anything of it. Thought it was a nice creative touch

well done, sir. well done.
I started on civ I, and then some how missed II and III. IV was just the type of game I was looking for when I rediscovered civ.

We could! Are you volunteering? :)

Top Bottom