Satisfaction

homeyg

Deity
Are you satisfied with yourself? If so, why? If not, how terrible is your life?

Yes, because I love learning things, expressing myself, and laughing. I get to do all of these things frequently in my life.

It's only getting better.

No. The only thing that I have achieved in my life, and which entitles me to a grave at least, is having begotten to sons. That and being a decent husband the other time round. But apart from that, nothing to write home about.

Nope. I've got nothing going for me and I'm heading nowhere fast. Soon I'll be dumped out into the real world with nothing to my name and I'll probably screw it up.

I spend a lot of my time contemplating if it's even worth it now.

Same as Joe. Though it might change soon, only to change for the worse again. Fortune's Wheel is like that.

I never expected to exist, so the fact that I am here on this planet, being given the chance to spend a several decades on it, is exciting to me. It's such an interesting place, with so many things to see and so many activities.

Having said that, I am satisfied with some things, but not others.

I think that I have a rather unique take on life though - when I was growing up in a communist country, I didn't really have any dreams for the future. I didn't know what might be possible. Life now? It's like 180873097612368 times more exciting, interesting, and amazing than anything I could have ever imagined as a 7 year old.

If I ever get depressed I put myself into the shoes of that 7 year old warpus.. and all of a sudden life starts looking amazing again. I am pretty much living in the FUTURE, and in a CAPITALIST country with a VERY high standard of living and a super awesome social safety net. This is paradise... and I am here? Sure, there might be a ton of problems in my life, there always are, but that 7 year old me still lives in my head. And when I look at my life through his life, I can't help it but smile.

Hum, I think my life is pretty good, but I'm not satisfied. How can one ever be? As I approach 30, I see I haven't achieved a lot of things I thought I would have achieved by 30. OTOH, I did achieve many things I thought I wouldn't. So I can't complain, but I'm not satisfied.

Top Bottom