Scenario:Rome in the Modern World

sela1s1son

King
Be warned, it takes a while to load. So you might as well warm
up a cub of Hot Coco. (Yes, I'm cold in summer).

Overview:
The Romans have survived to Modern day and are one of two superpowers (the other being the U.S.) I have left most of the history to the player's imagination... however I had to ackowledge a few points. For example the Romans pulled out of England, and later gave Normandy to the vikes, to allow for England (the one we know) to be created. Also, at least for now, Latin developed into several languages. Also thier UU is the "Armor Legion" The world's only Amphibious MBT.

Also to allow for a more interesting game, prior to the start of the scenario Rome, Russia, and America developed the technology (one that doesn't destabilize the Enviroment in the process) that allowed massive terraforming of previously useless land into fertile land. Thus allowing some civs with large amounts of unusable terrain in Civ terms to grow large cities.

Other nations in the game:
America:
Led by President Bush, they have two UU's. The F-15 and the M1 Abrahms. They also control Cuba, a prize from the American-German war. Has one of the largest navies in the world, possibly the largest.

Canada:
A good civilization that is fairly large.

Mexico:
A Mexico who's status has improved under the continuing leadership of Fox.

Brazil:
A Large civilization about to expand and take the other S.A. nations (of which are not represented).

South Africa:
A small civ, that is about to settle more territory.

Saudi Arabia:
Now at war with Rome (Roman troops, a lot of them, are in thier territory) and the U.S. Saudi Arabia is in dire straights. Less demand of Oil, due to Rome and America's development of the Hydrogen Fuel Cell, has weakened thier economy.

England:
A Mere shadow of it's former self, this nation boasts the strongest defense per city then any other nation. It still retains a massive navy which would present itself in any major conflict.

Russia:
The Soviet Union reformed in the 1970's as the Cold War between them and the Roman-American Alliance was one they could not endure. They still remain strong, altough thier treasurey isn't as large. The now terraformed Siberia, and northern lands have allowed for a population boom.

India:
A Highly populated nation, a good leader could bring this nation to that of a world power. It borders several strong nations:Rome, Russia, and China. So one should be wise before making an aggressive move.

China: A large, and highly populated civilization, it is the only Communist nation left, other then North Korea, and Vietnam.

Japan:
Having not been a member of the Axis in WWII, Japan capitulated on the world's distraction and colonized or conquered many small islands in the Pacific, including the Phillipines which had been ignored until then. Has a sizable navy.

Australia:
The center of this nation, has been terraformed, and a decent navy is under thier command. They are the main opposistion to continued Japanese Colonialism and Imperialism. During the Second World War, they colonized and secured some of the New Gunia, Tibor, and several other Islands to slow Japanese expansion.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/RomeModernWorldUnits1AndReadMe.zip

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/RomeModernWorldUnits2And3.zip

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/TheRomanEmpireInTheModernWorldScenario.zip

Strange it didn't attach the file. I attached the file, could it be to big? It was zipped...

use the "Upload File" link at the very bottom of this page...

It's a seperate file server and you can upload files as large as 3 Mb :D

Here's the file I hope. If this doesn't work... I'll upload it to me website where it can then be downloaded.

Ok I'm uploading these in parts. ALL are needed. Read the Read Me before you start doing anything, just so you know where to put the files for the three units I've made.

Ok... I've finally taken care of it. So now they've been uploaded to Civfanatics (at least the first two of three zips). So here's the links... I hope I have these links right!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/RomeModernWorldUnits1AndReadMe.zip

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/RomeModernWorldUnits2And3.zip

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads/TheRomanEmpireInTheModernWorldScenario.zip

I hope this works. Please post comments! Be aware that as time goes on I'm going to add to this scenario (updates for the Civilopedia and the entries) so keep an eye on this thread!

I had two problems with Rome, no good maps that I could find, and I also thought that the language would probably change over two thousand years... much like the languages of those that inhabit the British Isle. So the names of these cities may change. However if you can point me to a good map, I'd me very happy, and would change them.

I'm working on an update, I have th Civilopedia entries done thanks to a generous man who's name escapes me at this second sadly. Any recommendatuons on any civs I should add? Also I'm adding a bit of territory to Australia (they expanded to the north to counter Japanese Imperialism/Colonialism. Also any other ideas would be appreciated.

Sure in this screenshot we can see Rome invading Saudi Arabia on turn 1, which is intended. Notice on the world map Canada is still unrevealed to me...

Captions on this image, anyone?

Any advice for additions and/or alterations for updated version? Also does anyone have reports on thier experiences in this scenario?

It would be a good Idea to replace Brazil with Mercosur states, Mercosur is something like a european unions of south American countries, nowadays they include Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay as full members and Bolivia and Chile as partial associates, Venezuela will prbably join within 5 years.
I think that it would be more representative.

I would keep the starting position in Brazil because it is the most important country in the mercosur.

Top Bottom