Settlement Defense Bonus

Nethog

Warlord
Looking at the combat log for a battle between a BEF Dragoon versus one of my soldiers defending in one of my settlements, I was able to identify the source for all of the combat modifers except I was puzzled by "Plot Defense" which listed as a +107% modifier. On the settlement screen I have a Defense Bonus listed as 82% (55%). I know the 82% is the cuurent value of my settlement's fortress reduced from 150% down to 82%, but what does the (55%) represent and why was my overall Plot Defense 107%???

Was the colony on terrain with a natural defence (eg hill)? That might be included in the plot defence of 107%. The value of 55% is presumably the proportion of your fortress defence still intact (82/150).

Yes I think you are correct about the terrain - the settlement was on a hill so 82%+25%=107%. I was confused by the "Hills Defense" modifier (see below) which I thought was the settlement terrain bonus, but turned out to being a contribution from a Founding Father which gave a Mountaineer I promotion just the previous turn.

After reviewing the combat log I have a new question - the combat modifiers when applied to the base unit values don't yield the numbers in the combat log:

John Adam's Solider - base strength 3 X (1+.14+.25+.15+1.07) = 7.83
which is NOT 4.3

King of England's Dragoon - base strength 4 X (1+.5+.2) = 6.8 which is not 4.8

So where do the 4.3 and 4.8 values come from? Also how are the combat odds calculated?

A portion of the combat log before the battle:
(Rebel Sentiment: +14%)
(Combat: +25%)
(Settlement Attack: -50%)
(Hills Defense: +15%)
(Plot Defense: +107%)
(Extra Combat: -20%)
Combat Odds: 69.6%
King of England's Dragoon (Regular) (4.80) vs John Adam's Soldier (Master Distiller) (4.3)

Top Bottom