SGOTM 01 Maintenance Thread

BrianS said:
Quick question - are any mods allowed? HOF mod?
I answered this in one of the other threads.. but there will be no mods for SGOTM01.
Reason is I dont want to risk any extra complications that could be caused by mods in a game that is likely to last for months.

It is very likely it will be used for next SGOTM though (after any potential problems has been weeded out by use in normal GOTMs).

You can however use any graphical mods you want (like Blue Marble).

We also plan to provide you with the game event log when saves are submitted (your own comments can be inserted using the ingame chat functionality).
Not sure if this will be in place from day one though.

@Team coordinators:

1. Please ensure that you PM your missing players to get tehm to sign in. We have a few players on standby, and if there's a team that's seriously light we can rearrange rosters to resolve it, but I need to know where the problems are soon.

2. I'm seeing some discussion of team names, and have received a couple of name changes, but I need the rest of them please .... today!

How do you lock two people in war or peace? Is this via the WB? If so, can you provide some instructions?

Here it is. Thx.

The start files are now available on the main CIV SGOTM Progress Page.

Plese ensure that you download your own team's file, as they are individually branded for each team.

After each turn set upload your save here. After uploading you will see a summary of the status of your game, and a log dump for you turns. You may want to copy this information to help you write your turn log.

Alan - two things. My name is shown as 'riff_hi' on the list of team members on the results page. Secondly, and more importantly, I cannot open the save file 'locked assets'. I tried with my usual custom assets and then with a completely empty set. What is the configuration that I require to be able to open the save? Are there some customassets that it was set up under (ie BlueMarble)?

ruff... I had that problem with the GOTM and (I think) it had to do with civscale. Start up civscale and press deactivate all. I am running bluemarble and the SGOTM load worked perfect. I also have HOF installed and your mods.

unfortunetely I can't open the save as well, and no, I have nil mods in my game...

I was able to load the save successfully although I didn't try doing anything after that. I have the HOf mod version 2 installed on my system but no other mods at present.

@ruff_hi: Apologies on my typo, now fixed. It was an all-night session for Gyathaar and me to get the pages and database and saves set up. If that's the only error I'll be very surprised :eek:

Sorry to hear a couple of you are having trouble loading the game. Graphical mods should have no effect as graphics files are not protected. I'm sure Gyathaar will be able to help when he surfaces today. The most likely problem is a modified file in your main assets. Your custom assets should not be looked at or used by this game.

Meanwhile, please can any other players with loading problems report them here.

A reminder: NO SPOILERS HERE, please.

@AlanH: I have a rules clarification request. Are all players in a team allowed to open the save, or only the "up" player?

Edit: I had no problems opening it, BTW, but I have 0 mods, 0 custom assets, and a clean re-install as of yesterday.

I am now able to open the save. I have bluemarble, my mod and some civscale changes as my normal setup. I had to revert to the standard setup in civscale (page 1 - clouds, zoom, etc - changes here are done in the xml files) to get it to load. I didn't have to change my colour scheme (page 2 of civscale changes here are done in the theme).

None of my custom asset mods loaded (which is normal with 'locked assets' game) so no reminders, autologger, etc.

BUT - I can actually play the game!

rex_tyranus said:
@AlanH: I have a rules clarification request. Are all players in a team allowed to open the save, or only the "up" player?

Any player may open the team save. Only the current player may take any action that could disclose more information than is currently avaiable at that save point. So, no unit moves, no new cities, no unit actions .....

ruff_hi said:
...changes here are done in the xml files) to get it to load. I didn't have to change my colour scheme (page 2 of civscale changes here are done in the theme).
Exactly. Changes affecting XML files will trigger the asset check failure.

... so no reminders, autologger, etc.
When you submit you save at end of your turn set you will receive feedback, including a listing of all logged player events, including any you have entered via the chat interface. So at least you have some logging capability.

Good to see you are working.

So we just have ThERat with a problem currently?

AlanH said:
... including any you have entered via the chat interface.
The what? I only play single player games against the AI and a) don't like talking to myself b) the AI never answers anyway.

How do I activate that?

Dunno. It's something Gyathaar used during our log output testing and referred to in a recent post ... I may have got the name wrong :blush: Please note that the Tiger-X in my avatar, plus my User title, give the game away. I am a Mac user, and do not have access to Civ4 yet. So all ths is Greek to me :D

[EDIT] See Post #21 - top of this page for me, but YMMV.

Hey ruff, try Alt+f4 <evil grin>

Okay, that should have gone in the trash-talking thread. Anyhow I think it's shift+tab.

AlanH said:
Meanwhile, please can any other players with loading problems report them here.
I noticed that it loses the .civ4savedgame file extension on downloaded. But, after renaming the file, it loads just just fine.

ruff_hi said:
The what? I only play single player games against the AI and a) don't like talking to myself b) the AI never answers anyway.

How do I activate that?
If you go into the event log (Ctrl+TAB Key), you will notice 3 tabs at the top of the dialog box. The middle one is chat log. You can see all of the chat messages or enter a new one. Alternatively, you can just press the TAB key from the main interface to enter a quick chat message.

Conroe said:
I noticed that it loses the .civ4savedgame file extension on downloaded.
I think this is an Internet Explorer "feature" (can I say "bug"?). I eventually put a download script on the standard GOTM saves folder to overcome it. I'll have a look at doing the same for these saves.

Top Bottom