SGOTM 10 - Maintenance Thread

IT'S BANNED!

I hope I can rely on all teams to play within the spirit of the competition, and this is clearly outside that. If any team is found to have used it they will be considered to have retired, and will be barred from the awards.

As I understand after some discussion this bug was already discovered by Ladder players 2 weeks ago and they wrote to Firaxis about it..

No worries, this bug is corrected with 3.19:

- Fixed cheat where you could apply a free tech from one game to another

EDIT: sorry, I guess I thought that they've corrected that known bug... :rolleyes:

Here's the original bug report for November 2008 with 3.17: Free tech with Liberalism

I strongly recommend that anyone making a significant number of tech trades in a single turn at those points in the game should make saves in between trades to help to verify that they were above board.

I strongly recommend that anyone making a significant number of tech trades in a single turn at those points in the game should make saves in between trades to help to verify that they were above board.

You are implying that each of those saves should then be uploaded...? Or just kept in case of query?

Would you mind re-scaling the graphs for team comparisons. Not a huge big deal, but would be nice.

I've relented.

While the range of a graph's Y values (ie max - min) is less than its minimum Y value, the graph vertical axis is scaled so that it covers the range.

When the range of values becomes greater than the minimum value, the Y axis will start at zero.

The GOTM server is currently off the Interweb, so you can't use the Progress page to exchange save files.

I hope the powers that be will restore service soon, but if you need to transfer a save in the meanwhile then use post attachments. As soon as possible after the server resumes, please upload the save(s) to the server.

What happens to CFR and CRC still at turn 1 and turn 0 respectively?

:confused: :crazyeye: :confused: :crazyeye:

I don't hink this is a spoiler info, just to know if they are on the competition or not.
And how they think to finish in time.

If i'm not asking too much...

I've already asked CRC in their thread if they are still in the game, and there has been no reply. I rather assume they have dropped out, though I would prefer to hear that from them.

CFR are communicating, and playing as far as I know.

I have no time to play currently. Seems, my teammates are waiting for me ;)

But we are still alive :p

As I know there is enough time to finish ours game in time :)

CFR seems to have played at least part of a turn in the last day or two, so they're bustling right along... :mischief:

Effective immediately, I'm Resigning from The Fifth Element.

Being new to SGOTM, please tell me how this would affect my access to SGOTM-10 Team Threads:

1) Due to my past membership in the Fifth Element, I assume that I must refrain from other Team Threads until the official End of SGOTM-10, right?

2) Am I permitted to still to read The Fifth Element SGOTM-10 Team Thread? Also post to it or not?

Sun Tzu Wu

Sorry to hear you are resigning, Sun Tzu Wu. I have removed your name from the team roster.

As you are no longer a player in this SGOTM, you can read any team thread, but you cannot then post in any team thread for this game. This applies to the Fifth Element thread as well.

just for clearance i've resigned from OSS some time ago:) [well, i guess mas post deleting was clear sign anyway].

Good to know i understood thread ruling correctly.

As a non-player this round, but an avid follower of (almost) all the teams' threads, I cannot help but mention the following:

What I see is people spying on other teams by checking the list of recently posted messages in the profiles of players ("Find more posts by ...", where you can see the first lines). This goes against the spirit of not reading other teams' threads. Why would using a technical glitch like this suddenly be alright? Only because it cannot be monitored by the staff???

Similar point came up two SG's ago, where the search functionality in the forum allowed people to see posts in other threads. There it was also made clear this was not supposed to be used (and hinted at by the staff that it could be tracked...)

I hope people will stop this behaviour.

DwarfSleepy, the way you say this seems like people are openly discussing using this "feature" in the threads. Or how else do you know this while stating that it cannot be monitored?
If it is discussed openly, how about directing some admin their way?

It would seem this is only quantitavely different from actually opening the threads. Thus it should be clear that it is against the rules. I cannot imagine anyone not knowing this.

Checking my own list of posts this way does not seem too informative though, so hopefully the competition is still reasonably "clean". But it certainly is discouraging if what you say is true.

I hope people will stop this behaviour.
Indeed

Top Bottom