[BTS] SGOTM 24 Pre-game Discussion - Sitting Bull

So the forests just have to be in the land shown on the opening screenshot to count for the 2-turn deduction, right? They don't have to be the actual forests shown in the screenshot... I'm just evaluating city locations and thinking it would be hard not to settle on a forest tile eventually.
Yes the 2 turn forest preserves are the one on the starting land and not necessary the one at the start.

I believe forest is the same, but too bad for you if I'm wrong.

Pretty sure the chance for jungle spread is higher than forest spread. +50% or +100% for jungle spread. But with forest preserves, the chance of spreading is higher than without it (not mentioned in the formula above). All in all the chance isn't great, but with so many forests, quite a few are bound to (re)grow, especially if most are left alone in an X pattern.

Pretty sure the chance for jungle spread is higher than forest spread. +50% or +100% for jungle spread. But with forest preserves, the chance of spreading is higher than without it (not mentioned in the formula above). All in all the chance isn't great, but with so many forests, quite a few are bound to (re)grow, especially if most are left alone in an X pattern.
Looks like you're right. As far as I can tell, these are the base growth percentages in the XML:

jungle: 16%
forest: 8%
forest preserve: 64% (not added to but instead of the forest 8%)

The code Gyathaar quoted looks fairly straightforward, so that's probably it.

In case anyone is not aware, the start files are now available here.

Hi there,

I have a question: is it legitimate that I switch to Env then convert some AI to Env for MinTurn, after that I convert other AIs to Env for MinTurn until I win?

If I am not gonna use UN, then this situation is quite common I think.

Hi there,

I have a question: is it legitimate that I switch to Env then convert some AI to Env for MinTurn, after that I convert other AIs to Env for MinTurn until I win?

If I am not gonna use UN, then this situation is quite common I think.
The turns only counts if every civ runs env. If some civs including you run env before it doesn't matter. If you don't use UN and have 5+ turns it might be common that the turn's is paused due to some Ai changing back to another civic.

The turns only counts if every civ runs env. If some civs including you run env before it doesn't matter. If you don't use UN and have 5+ turns it might be common that the turn's is paused due to some Ai changing back to another civic.

Hi Zhary,

Thx. That means the Env civic doesn't have to run continuously, right?

Another question would be: if I have more than 47 forests preserves (say 50) in the initial zone when I switch to Env, can I reduce the required turns to 1? I just want to make sure that I can settle on trees and grow forests later.

Hi Zhary,

Thx. That means the Env civic doesn't have to run continuously, right?

Another question would be: if I have more than 47 forests preserves (say 50) in the initial zone when I switch to Env, can I reduce the required turns to 1? I just want to make sure that I can settle on trees and grow forests later.

Yes to both.
Only humans have to run env continuously. Disqualifying teams because an AI switch back civic would just be mean.
Where the initial forest exist doesnt matter only where the preserves are when you switch to env.

Yes to both.
Only humans have to run env continuously. Disqualifying teams because an AI switch back civic would just be mean.
Where the initial forest exist doesnt matter only where the preserves are when you switch to env.

Good. Thanks for the explanation!

Top Bottom