SGOTM 9 Maintenance Thread

Many thanks for the extra decimal places Alan, they are much appreciated :)

AlanH said:
OK, if you insist then not more than 7.000 from Delhi, as defined for RCP distance measurement purposes by the International Standards Organisation. Now you'll tell me you don't have such a city :hmm:

talking about international standards:
We Central Europeans are used to reverse colons and dots in Numbers in their meaning so we chose to interpret your specification as some number you would value as 7,000.000000 (to be more precise EDIT: Dot removed).
And yes, I think we will have such a City for India. We try to find a two-tile-island for them to keep their shock moderate... :crazyeye: :rolleyes:

Ahem! An RCP distance of seven thousand from Delhi cannot be considered "near" to the Indian lake, no matter what language you spend your life speaking. :wallbash:

Paul said:
We try to find a two-tile-island for them to keep their shock moderate
:rotfl: That's the spirit :hatsoff:

There's been an appeal over the new rule. We propose the following amendment for the four Classic teams:

In order to try to level their playing field, the Classic teams may time their peace/gift/redeclaration for any turn from 750 AD onwards. Only the timing changes. All other conditions of the deal remain as described previously.

Please will those teams register acceptance, or PM any further objections in the next 24 hours. This change does not affect the C3C teams.

Sure thing, Team Smurkz accepts the new rules. :)

Hmm, seems to me the 24h is up, what's the deal?

Checking the team threads all four Classic teams appear to have accepted the deal. So let's do it :)

Just out of interest: Why is this change necessary (I'm curious...)?
Or would the answer to this give too much spoiler information?

All will be revealed when you get India into space :D

AlanH said:
All will be revealed when you get India into space :D
or die in a humiliating defeat :blush:

ControlFreak said:
Or rather die in a humiliating ... WIN. :p
Don't you try giving us nightmares, CF :lol:

Merry Christmas to all SGOTM players and lurkers

:D :D

:xmassign:

To clarify the gifting rule:

You may do the peace deal and one-city-gift at any time after you have reached the qualifying point in the game, assuming the Indians have made no efforts to reach the mainland themselves by that time. You don't have to do it immediately if you prefer to delay it.

lurker's comment:
Spoiler :
Thought of a potential bugaboo. After India techs up to the modern age, since they're at permanent war, there's a good chance they would mobilize. And if they do, no starship building.

Top Bottom