Shipping of Civ 4 - when?

Macintosh

Warlord
Today I saw a "June 2006" on Aspyr.com's project status page: http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/status/ (last entry on bottom of the list)

This is for shouting out the newest date. Whoever will read a newer or better info for the date of shipping Civ 4 Mac shall post it in here!

Yea, the MacCivvers were joyous, for a date hath been said.

Yet even then, the celebrations wert interrupted as the mighty voice of Bradicus Oliverius did speak unto them, and he did sayeth

Brad Oliver said:
Any dates you see at this point are being pulled out of thin air. Place no stock in them yet.

It's all one big guess, and June 2006 is - indeed - one big guess. Frankly, I'm not sure why we're throwing a date out there this early on in development, but that's not my call to make.

One thing you can be sure of is that US customers will see it way before it swims the Atlantic and arrives in our local eStores.

PS. I've pre-ordered Civ4 on MacGold in the UK, who are indicating it's due "July 2006". Amazon UK don't even admit that it exists. And yes, I do realise that I don't have a Mac capable of running it :eek:

FWIW, I ended up cancelling my Amazon UK order for Civ3 Complete, as they seemed incapable of forecasting a delivery date. I reordered it on MacGold and received it 48 hours later. It appears that Amazon UK and MacGold have very different relationships with Aspyr.

Yay! Shouldn't be too much longer. The game just needs to be approved and then sent off for duplication.

football751 said:
Then you are going to be a very sad man for a very long time:(

Aww, that's too bad.

Gyathaar said:
Civ4 runs in linux with Cedega thou..

Thanks I'll try that sometime. But won't it run in wine? I prefer wine cause it's free like in both free beer and free speech.

Tuncer Deniz over at Inside Mac Games indicates that Civ4 mac has gone Golden Master... this may be a slight confusion as Aspyr's naming conventions for software stages is a bit odd (as per Brad Oliver).

Last heard from it was at Final Candidate (which in Aspyr-speak might mean "Almost Golden Mistress" or "Nearly Mostly Ready for Duplication" or "Ship Dawg Dam Ye Ship!"?)

Take it with a grain of salt, but the tunnel seems to have an end somewhere up ahead (I think).

woot!

enkiduMT said:
Tuncer Deniz over at Inside Mac Games indicates that Civ4 mac has gone Golden Master... this may be a slight confusion as Aspyr's naming conventions for software stages is a bit odd (as per Brad Oliver).

Last heard from it was at Final Candidate (which in Aspyr-speak might mean "Almost Golden Mistress" or "Nearly Mostly Ready for Duplication" or "Ship Dawg Dam Ye Ship!"?)

The terminology used here is common in the industry, including Aspyr. Final Candidate (FC) refers to the product being submitted to the final authority, in this case Take2. Gold Master (GM) means the product has been approved by the final authority and ready for pressing. IMG actually did a news piece on the GM status recently. So, it's just a matter of Civ4 getting pressed and shipped. Now, I could be completely wrong. ;)

Do you have a link for that story, Dojo? I saw Tuncer's comment in a post in IMG, but I've seen no other evidence that it's been cleared by Take2's QA.

AlanH said:
Do you have a link for that story, Dojo? I saw Tuncer's comment in a post in IMG, but I've seen no other evidence that it's been cleared by Take2's QA.

Nope, I was wrong. The news piece refers to Civ4's FC status. But, there is this recent tidbit from Brad.

tidbit

now I am thinking: X days at dupers + Y days of assembly w manual and box + Z days of shipping = next week?

happy happy joy joy!

enkiduMT said:
now I am thinking: X days at dupers + Y days of assembly w manual and box + Z days of shipping = next week?

happy happy joy joy!
Too soon. Too good to hope for.

Two weeks. It's like home remodeling estimates: always two weeks.
If, perchance, it's sooner; it's gravy.

Where are you guys buying (pre-ordering?) Civ 4 from?
Is Amazon the only good place?

Top Bottom